My Savior

Prologue

Ashleigh Jensen, soon-to-be Sullivan, stared out of the kitchen window of her fiance Mark's childhood vacation home in West Chester, Pennsylvania. Snow was falling steadily, her deep green eyes stared in awe, the first melting mess of white reminding her it was the first week of December, her hands in soapy dishwater, lukewarm, as her focus lies elsewhere, clearly apparent as she hadn't heard the front door slam, and Mark against her ear.

“Can't follow the simpilist of orders I see.” Ashleigh's curled brown hair moves with his harsh breath in her ear. With a start, dropping the glass plate she was holding back into the now cold water.

“Have you not seen snow before? Stupid little girl.” his fingers snap against her cheek roughly, she whimpers.

“I ask you to do the dishes and unpack, as I bring you to the place that is near and dear to my heart, and you flat out disrespect me for some little snow fall?”

“Mark-I-I was doing it, honest! I'm sorr-”

“Shush.” he commands coldly, his ice blue eyes boring into her iris. “I didn't ask you to become my bride if I knew you would be a good for nothing slacker. I did not turn your poverty stricken ass to riches and money so you could laze about! You will do as I say, when I say, you insolent brat. How that father of yours possibly raised you is beyond me, it's almost like you were brought up by the wolves!” Ashleigh glared harshly.

“Don't you dare mention my dead father!” soon the reminder of a sting against her cheek tossed her head to the right, the sound echoing.

“He's better off dead, knowing his daughter is a fucking disappointment.” he forces her chin up to meet his eyes. “I'm going out to handle some last minute business on the house, and in town. I expect the house to be cleaned, and a meal to be on the table as soon as I walk in the door. If not, you'll be getting more then just a petty slap. Do I make myself clear?” his nails dug in to the soft flesh of her neck, signaling a gasp of pain as tears sprang to her eyes.

“Y-Yes Mark.” retracting his hand, he smiles.

“Good girl.” he pushes his lips against hers roughly before turning and slamming the door once more behind him. Ashleigh choking back a sob as she slides down onto the light hardwood floor wondering where it all went wrong.
♠ ♠ ♠
Welcome to the first chapter of my first story! As soon as I am able to get a banner up, you'll see how everyone looks and such.

Mark, is portrayed by Damon on Vampire Diaries (google if you aren't sure who that is!)

Reviews are welcome!