My Savior

Freeze Time

-Bam-

It was like everything was in slow motion as he watched the girl slip. He saw the way the wind whipped her straight brunette hair up from around her shoulders, he saw her clothes ripple, her tiny hand shoot up to grab at nothing, the way her foot twisted, and finally, how her head smacked the ground. Bam could almost feel the blood slosh. The next thing he did was reverse and drive a few feet to the now unconscious girl on the ground. H.I.M still blasting on the stereo. Shutting off the ignition the curly haired skater made his way over to the unnamed beauty.

Her skin was pale and free of blemishes, her eyes closed, pink lips in a non expressive line, long lashes, she looked to have no makeup on her face. It was almost like he was looking at someone not from this world. His breath hung in a case of white as it was only twenty degrees, he then took the jacket from his body and laid it over the girl, carefully picking her up and putting her limp frame in the back of his car, propping her head with another jacket. Strapping her in at the waist. He need to get home, fast. Bam didn't know why he was so frazzled.

Fifteen minutes later, he drove up the rainbow drive and set his car in park. Running wildly to the back door.

“Phil! Ape! Come quick!” his voice was urgent as Phil descended the stairs, news paper in hand.

“Bam, what's the matter, is everything okay? Want me to get mom?”

“No time, come on, there's a girl passed out in my car! She hit her head when she fell on ice. We need to get her inside.”

“Shouldn't you of taken her to the hospital?” the heavier male asked. Bam shot him a look.

“Shut up fat boy, and help me carry her in will ya?” Bam unbuckled her and cradled her body in his arms. Phil locked up the hummer and cleared any mess blocking his son.

“I'll put her in my room. She's freezing.”

“What's going on? Is Bam home?” April asked putting a basket of laundry down on the table.

“Yeah Ape. He just got home. Some girl fell and smacked her head, Bam panicked and brought her here, they're in his room.” worry immediately took over.

“Oh god!” she moaned. A few minutes later, she was outside of Bam's door quietly watching him.

“I wonder who you are.” he mumbled. His cat Trouble laid protectively by her hair, occasionally nuzzling her. Bam smiled.

“You like her, don't you boy?” he scratched the black cat behind the ears. April smiled at the sight.

“What happened Bam?” the blonde finally stepped in. Bam jumped.

“I don't know. I was pulling out of that antique store and I saw her.” he motioned to the girl laying in his bed. “She was sprinting, then I watched her fall, her foots swollen and she smacked her head pretty hard. Can you call one of the medics? She really needs to be checked, if I dropped her off at the hospital and just left her, I wouldn't forgive myself.”

“I'll call Michael. If she wakes up, don't scare her.”

“I know Ape.”

He was left alone again. It was only ten minutes later he heard a barely audible noise, he turned, watching the girl squinting and furrowing her brows. She lazily began opening her eyes blinking at the blinding light. Waiting for the haziness to clear, she was in a room. Skateboards cluttered the ceiling as she went to sit up, not until she felt the pain in her skull she realized she couldn't.

“Ow!” Bam walked to the girl, cautiously setting his hand on hers.

“Don't do that. You could hurt yourself.” he said gently. “Do you know your name?” she looked at the man in front of her and almost lost her breath, he was beautiful. Dark curly brown hair, and big ice blue eyes.

“My name is Ashleigh.” her voice came out in a hoarse whisper. Bam smiled.

“What year is it?” Ashleigh blinked.

“2009.”

“Do you remember what happened?” Ashleigh nodded, swallowing.

“I was walking. I heard metal music and saw this blue hummer parked out side of the store I was going into to get more Christmas supplies, I slipped, the music got closer, and now I'm here.” she looked to him again. “Who are you? Were you in the hummer?”

“I'm Brandon Margera but everyone calls me Bam, and yeah, the hummer is mine. You're in my house. When I saw you fall, I didn't know what to do, and I figured if I just dropped you at the hospital, you were going to be even more scared. So I figured why not let you wake up around company? Don't worry, my mom's calling a medic to make sure you don't have any broken bones.”

“Thank you, Bam. I'm Ashleigh Jensen. Nice to meet you.” she smiled.

“You too. Let me go tell my mom you're awake.” Ashleigh felt nudging by her hair.

“Trouble, down!” Ashleigh brushed her hand along the cats fur.

“He's fine. I love cats.”

“Good, because he wouldn't leave your side when I brought you in here.” Trouble laid across her stomach and purred.

“They say animals can sense the good in people.” Bam laughed.

“Maybe that's why he can't stand Novak.”

“Novak?”

“My friend. You'll meet him a bit later. For now, sit tight, I'll be right back. I'll get Ape to make you some tea.”

“Oh no, I can't impose, I really should go anyway.”

“I insist. Stay here. I'll be five minutes.”

So she did, rubbing Trouble's ears.

Xxx

“Ape!” Bam called walking downstairs

“In the kitchen Bam!”

“Hey, she's awake.” April looked relieved, Dunn and Novak looked between mother and son confused.

“I'm sorry, are we missing something?”

“Some girl fell on the sidewalk and hit her head. I brought her back here.”

“Ever hear of a place called a hospital?” Novak asked.

“Ever hear the phrase, 'if you don't shut the fuck up, you're gonna be homeless?'”

“Quite a bit actually.”

“Anyway. Dunn..er, Ape. Can you make her tea? She seems coherent, I don't want her hyped up from coffee.”

“Sure sweetie. Take Dunn and Novak along. I'm sure she could use some people to talk too.” he turned to them.

“Don't be dicks.”

“Is she hot?” Novak asked.

“She's gorgeous.” they looked at him surprised. ”fuck both of you."

“Right, well then, take us to the fair maiden!” Dunn replied. Bam rolled his eyes. Soon they were in front of Bam's room, as Bam was prepping her for there arrival.

“Sorry I took so long.” they heard him say.

“I thought you forgot about me.” she giggled. She looked a little better, not so flushed.

“Nah, just thought i'd introduce you to two of my best friends, if that's cool?”

“Yeah, that's okay.” Bam opened the door.

“Come on in.” Novak and Dunn walked in, looking to the girl in shock. She really was beautiful, and Bam wasn't lying.

“Uh.” Novak began.

“Hi, I'm Ryan, but everyone calls me Dunn, or Ry. Whatever you want to call me.” he shook her hand.

“Sup sweetheart, I'm Brandon Novak, but you can just call me the man of your dreams.” Ashleigh blushed as he kissed her hand.

“Hello, I'm Ashleigh, you can call me Ash, sorry I don't have any awesome nicknames.” she smiled. Her head still hurt but it was slowly subsiding.

“We'll get you one.” Dunn replied. He caught Novak's gaze watching his smug smirk. “Tell us about yourself?”

“Well, I'm twenty-three, from PA. I graduated West Chester University. I'm-”

“Single?” Novak cut in.

“...Engaged.” she moved her hand to the guys' view. Bam looked away.

“That's quite a rock.” Ashleigh grimaced.

“I hate it to be honest, but apparently girls love big diamonds.” Dunn smiled.

“Then you my dear, are quite the rarity.” he took notice on her face when she showed off her ring. Something wasn't right.

“I guess...” then it hit her. Mark. She frantically pulled her phone from her purse. Nine missed calls and four voicemails. She was in deep shit as her battery beeped, signaling its dying.

“Excuse me. Do any of you have a phone? Mine died, I need to make a phone call.”

Ashleigh stood up, her vision went spotty, and her ankle throbbed, making her body fall back against the mattress.

“Looks like it may have to wait until the medic looks you over. Speaking of which, why don't we go out in the hall, then you can call whoever on my phone.” Bam suggested.

“Thank you. My fiance must be worried sick.” again, Ryan noticed the grimace. Bam just nodded, handing her a sprint phone.

As she was alone, she dialed the all too familiar number, fingers shaking as she did so.

One ring.

Two rings.

“Hello?”

“Mark!”

“Ashleigh? Where the fuck are you!? I've been calling and calling and no answer! Are you stupid on how to operate a fucking phone?! I should have known then to of let you go out by yourself. You really have no knowledge of the outside world at all, you stupid girl.” he was fuming.

“Mark. I..”

“You what? You weak minded brat.”

“Mark, please listen!” her voice was wavering. Bam poked his head in, to tell her the medic was here. Seeing her about to cry he stopped. Walking over to her, he took the phone.

“Hey this is Bam Margera, is there a problem?” Mark's anger was replaced by a sudden formal tone.

“Bam Margera? The Bam Margera of Element, and Jackass?”

“Yes sir, I take it Ashleigh is your lovely fiance?” Mark cleared his throat.

“Yes, she's always a little spacey when she goes out!” he laughed. “Like a poor baby deer. You know how that is.” Ashleigh stared at Bam curiously as his back was turned to her.

“Well I hate to tell you this, but Ashleigh had a bad fall. She is over my house, I have a medic here to check her over, she hit her head pretty hard on the asphalt near an antique store. She passed out.”

“Oh no! My poor girl! Thank you so much. I apologize for any inconvenience she's caused. She was always a klutz.” Bam had a surprised expression on his face. Not liking how he talked about his fiance.

“I can give you my address, or I can drop her off?”

“Oh, let me get her! I don't want her by herself after her nasty spill.”

“Sure thing.” they talked a bit more, as Bam gave the address and deactivated his gate pin so he could properly meet Mark. He then said his goodbyes and hung up.

“Are you okay?” he noticed her eyes were glassy.

“Y-yeah, I'm sorry Bam, he was just worried and I felt bad for scaring him.” Bam nodded.

“He seems to really care about you.” he mused, dismissing the brutal comment on her being a klutz, assuming he was just trying to make light of a bad situation. Ashleigh faked a smile. “The medic is here, so I'll leave him to you.”

Soon Michael came in and put the brunette at ease, as Bam met his friends in the living room.

“Dude, you really weren't kidding. Ashleigh is stunning. If I wasn't with Angie I would surely snag her in a heartbeat.”

“Looks like she's already snagged.” Novak laughed. “She really doesn't seem to thrilled though. I mean, did you see her face when she showed us that rock on her hand?”

“You noticed too?” Dunn asked.

“She looked like she wanted to cry.”

“She was about to when she was on the phone with him.” Bam interjected.

“Why?”

“Beats me, but when I got on, whatever he said, emotion he felt, it completely disappeared, one comment seemed to catch me off guard, I don't know why, maybe just his tone or the way he said it. He seems to really love her though. He's coming in a few hours to pick her up.”

Dunn and Novak watched him.

“I'm gonna go skate. If she needs anything, get me.” they both nodded, watching there friend walk outside.

“Novak, this will be the only time I will EVER say this. I think you were right.”

“About?”

“Finding his future bride.”

“If she wasn't engaged already.” Ryan smacked him on the back of the head.

“She's not happy moron, fucking look at her.”

“What the fuck can we do? We're two guys who turn the word idiot into a profession.”

“I don't know, but something needs to be done. She's perfect.”

“They were meant to meet this way.” Novak began. “In rehab I had to listen to a pastor talk about fate. Everyone comes into your life for something. It's now Bam's, or Ashleigh's job to find out why.”

“Why do you think?” Dunn asked.

“To show Bam happiness and love can happen, even for him.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Two chapters in one day! Pretty happy with myself. I got inspired when I heard H.I.M's song Right Here In My Arms. Always a classic!

Hope you all like it.