Status: Updates every month on the 15th!

Radices

Chapter 2 - Ebalution

Totum had made himself and Tempus castles in Caelum and clothes fit only for their godly bodies. Tempus wears a white dress shirt and black dress pants. A black tie is wrapped loosely around Tempus' neck and his long stroller jacket sways as he walks. Both the collar of his shirt and the jacket are popped upward. Totum, however, wears white armor that is strong enough to withstand any blow, and a brown cape which flows like wind itself.
Once the gods have finished designing their deific surroundings, Totum and Tempus visit Terra, the dimension between Caelum and Infernus. Terra is completely null of life. It consists only of dirt, mountains, and, well, piles of goop.
“This stuff is nasty.” Tempus announces as he pokes a pile of sludge. “What is it?”
“There is life in there.” Totum informs. Tempus looks at Totum with a little concern.
“Oops...” Tempus says.
“It won't be able to feel it!” Totum laughs, “Within there is the beginning of the most beautiful thing since the stars had formed! It is evolution!”
“So in the goop is erolushon?” Tempus asks, trying to pronounce the word Totum had just spoken.
“No, brother. Evolution is what will happen to what is inside the goop. Inside the slime are single-celled organism.” Totum explains.
“Oh... I still have no idea what you're talking about.” Tempus sighs.
“Just leave the genesis to me, you buffoon.” Totum groans “Aside from that, you might as well get your poking out now. Life is not yet in there.”
Tempus smirks and pokes the goo once more. However, as Tempus begins to poke the goop- changes. It transforms into a long, scaly creature with fins which is to be known as a fish. The fish wriggles about, unable to breathe. Totum looks back and forth between Tempus and the creature.
“Woah! I think I sped up your ebalution!” Tempus gasps.
“...Ebalution...? You incompetent fool! But yes, it does appear to be so.” Totum replies. Totum lifts his right arm, his palm facing foreword, and creates a large mass of water which is to be known as a lake. Tempus stares at the lake, not knowing what it is or its purpose there. He runs his fingers through the liquid and asks “What do you call this stuff?”
“Water!” Totum says excitedly. “It's a combination of two hydrogen and one oxygen molecules!” Tempus stares at Totum with a confused look then shrugs it off. Tempus sticks his head inside the water then begins to wildly flail as he coughs and chokes on the substance.
“You uneducated heathen, you cannot breathe it!” Totum yells, grabbing Tempus by the collar of his jacket, pulling him above the water.
“I think it went up my nose!” Tempus yells. Totum laughs in response of his brother's actions. Tempus covers one nostril and blows as hard as he can, shooting the fish from his nose.
“Oh... sorry, little guy.” Tempus apologizes as he puts the fish back in the water. Tempus looks at his younger brother and smiles.
“I wonder...” Tempus thinks out loud. He stands up and walks to another pile of goop and pokes it, creating another fish. Totum gasps once more at the writhing creature.
“What is this?” Totum asks “Try to turn them back into single-celled organisms!”
“Do I have to?” Tempus whines “They're kinda cute.”
“Turn them back!” Totum orders. Tempus groans and holds the newly created fish.
“Okay...” Tempus says when nothing happens “Turn back...” Again, nothing.
“Turn back into nasty goop!” Tempus yells, shaking the slippery fish. The fish's fins become legs and a tail. In fact, it turns into a different creature all together! The fish becomes what is to be known as a lizard!
“Holy shit!” Tempus shrieks.
“What in the balls?!” Totum exclaims.
“I... I tried to turn him back! Then I sped him...” Tempus looks underneath the lizard “...Her... Up!”
“Oh my.” Totum remarks, “From here these creatures seem so complex... Anything could happen! They could revert into something smaller- like an insect,- change into something bigger- such as birds, mammals, and other reptiles,- or change form, but stay similar- such as amphibian.”
“This is so cool!” Tempus gasps, “I can help you make this world quicker!”
“You can!” Totum enthuses.
“My powers finally have something I can do!” Tempus cheers gleefully, “I wonder what this fish will turn into!” Tempus grabs the other fish which turns into... a giraffe? Both of the brother's jaw's drop.
“What the Infernus?” Tempus gasps. Totum thinks for a moment then smirks.
“Be created!” Totum yells, his palms facing foreword once more. A small creature with eight hairy legs is formed and scuttles away. This creature is a spider.
“That's gonna freak someone out one day.” Totum laughs.
“There are so many possibilities!” Tempus speaks. He creates another fish, which he then makes a totally different creature from the fish. It's striped with black and yellow and has wings which easily helps it fly. It's butt is quite large with a pointed end. Tempus lets out a shriek as soon as it is formed.
“Oh god! What is that?!” Tempus yells, the multicolored creature stinging him.
“Oh, good. They have means to defend themselves!” Totum says. Tempus hides behind Totum and rubs the bump which is now forming on his wrist.
“Try once more, brother.” Totum laughs. Tempus looks at his younger brother and sighs.
With the next fish, a larger fish is created. It has many rows of jagged teeth, rough skin, and black, soul-less eyes.
“I have a strange feeling that I'm going to have fun with this one in the future.” Tempus smirks. Tempus and Totum spend quite a bit of time here after creating and evolving life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you so much for reading this! I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and if you have any suggestions, comments, recommendations, I'm super eager to hear them!