Status: Updates every month on the 15th!

Radices

Chapter 3 - Deadosaurs

Totem lies inside his marble bed, dark brown silk sheets gently lay on his back, sleeping on his stomach. His body has sunken into his soft bed and his head rests on his feather pillow. Totem nuzzles the cushion and then lazily lifts his body, the sheets falling down his naked torso. He lifts his sagging pants to waist level and pushes the covers out of his way, allowing himself to get out of the canopy bed.
Totem steps onto the cold, hard floor. He looks around the room, remembering his entire mansion is made of elegant white marble. Totem scratches his feathery white hair and walks towards the window where he pulls it open to view the world. Outside he can see the entire world which is known as Caelum, or “Heaven” to humans. Caelum is a dimension in which the Gods are to live. The entire world is a land of rocks which float thousands of feet above an endless ocean. Each island of floating rock is handsomely connected by bridges made of stone. Totem stares at his enchanting creation, taken aback by it's breathtaking view. His lips curl upward and he marvels in his creation.
“Fantastic.” Totem breathes. However, it isn't long until the moment is gone. An annoying buzzing noise is heard from a distant island.
“Tempus...” Totem sighs.
Tempus lays in bed, snoring as loud as thunder. His body is spread out on his soft, fluffy bed. His silk light blue sheets also happen to cover his shirtless body. Dark blue silk sheets hang from the red wood canopy bed which rests on a dark hardwood floor. The walls around him a gothic brick, the same material his mansion is made of. However, it's almost impossible to see the walls considering they are covered in clocks.
All at once, every clock in the room goes off, alerting Tempus that it is time to wake up. Tempus instantly leaps up and rushes out of bed, attempting to silence the alarms.
“Why did I make so many of these!!” Tempus yells as he turns off the alarms. Totum appears in Tempus' room, already dressed in his armor.
“What the fuck is going on here?!” Totum yells.
“...You're not wearing a shirt!” Tempus points out.
“You're not wearing pants!” Totum huffs. Tempus looks down.
“I guess I'm not.” Tempus laughs.
“Hurry up and get ready, Tempus. We're visiting Terra today!” Totum orders.
“Yes, your godliness!” Tempus says, saluting Totum with a goofy grin. Totum rolls his eyes and waits for Tempus to silence the clocks and get dressed.
After both gods are dressed, they walk from rock to rock, crossing the many stone bridges which connect them. Totum's armor had clinked as he walked and his boots tapped against the gray crossing. Each brother walked with ease in the beautiful land. Barley any clouds are in the light blue sky, but the ones that are are fluffy and angelic. A light breeze sways the delicate grass and ruffles their hair.
They reach a floating rock which holds an arch. It appears to be nothing special, but it is in fact the gateway which connects all three dimensions. The men walk up to the stone arch. Three circular buttons rest vertically on the arch, each button being a different color. The top button is blue and leads to the home of the gods, Caelum. The middle button is purple and leads to the home of the humans, Terra. The bottom button is red and leads to the home of spirits, Infernus. Tempus presses the purple button and the arch changes. A swirling yellow light fills the inside of the arch. Totum and Tempus step through the arch and onto Terra.
The world on Terra is much different than it was the last time they had visited. The world is covered with exotic plants and new beings. Giant lizard creatures filled the new world. A seven inch gecko falls from a tree and onto Tempus's head. Surprised, Tempus screams and snatches the creature from his cranium then throws it away, flinging it at Totum. Without even having enough reaction time, Totum just accepts the lizard in his face and lets it fall to the ground. The whole time,Totum glares at his brother, his hands balling up into fists.
“What's the matter with you?!” Totum thunders, “Why did you throw that creature at me?!”
“Woah, that just happened! Hey... what eats these things anyway?” Tempus asks, looking at the gecko which is paralyzed with shock. The brothers look to their right, hearing a chattering within the nearby bush. Two yellow eyes stare down the two gods. It's the size of a turkey and covered in tan-ish feathers. It has a long tale and long, pointed fangs which are covered in blood. The small chatters that emit from it's mouth quickly turn into fierce growls. It squats, getting ready to lunge.
The velociraptor lurches foreword, it's talons digging into the soft earth, in the direction of Tempus. Panicked, Tempus holds out both hands, palms open and facing the velociraptor. Without hesitation, the velociraptor leaps up and onto Tempus, it's mouth drooling in hunger. Tempus tries to push it's snout from him and his touch begins to speed up it's extinction. It's scales fall off and turn to dust as it's muscles melt into a red goop which falls onto Tempus. It's bones become brittle and snap under age. Within a matter of seconds, there is nothing but a pile of gray dust laying on top of Tempus.
Tempus lays there for a little bit, then blows dust into the air and groaned “There's dead lizard in my mouth.” Totum does nothing but laugh at his dust covered sibling. Tempus flops onto his stomach, dust flying everywhere, and helps himself up. He stares angrily at Totum as he dusts himself off. Totum wipes a tear from his pale cheek and walks over to Tempus.
“Are you okay?” Totum laughs. Tempus unblinkingly stares at Totum and blows dust into his face, causing Totum to erupt into laughter once more.
The ground beneath the gods begins to shake. The trees sway back and forth.
“What's that?” Tempus asks, brushing the remains of the dinosaur out of his hair. A loud roar is heard behind the brothers and they turn around. Possibly one of the largest dinosaurs they've seen stares down at them. The Tyrannosaurus Rex roars once more, deciding if it should eat Totum and Tempus.
“Two attempts on our lives?! This world is mad!” Totum yells. He raises an arm into the air and summons a large meteor.
“Totum... what are you doing?” Tempus asks, his eyes widening.
“I'm destroying this era and making room for new creatures!” Totum huffs.
“Totum... we're still here...” Tempus trembles.
“...Oh yeah.”
Totum turns around and faces the portal. He presses the blue button faster than the approaching meteor and a swirling orange color fills the empty space within the arch. The T-rex snaps at Tempus and Totum right as they enter the portal.