Status: one shot

Dreaming the Right Dreams

one

Jordan broke through the crowd, the kid she babysat caught wind of the Leafs doing an outside practice near where he lived. He begged him to take her, Jordan couldn’t pass up some hot hockey players so they bundled up and began to head over. A crowd was made over by the out door arena, Jordan shifted her way through so the little boy could see his heros.

She watched as the men skated around, she saw Lupul and almost wet her pants because of his looks. But she refrained and blushed really hard. The team practised for a good hour before heading to the change room.

Jake walked through the hall way, his face was freezing and he really wanted to get a coffee. Some kids yelled his name and he looked up, his eyes widened as they lay on the most beautiful girl he’d ever see. Her blond hair was short, looked freshly cut and was mostly hidden by a beanie. She watched him stare at her, and she stared back.

Jake was then pushed from behind him, Morgan teased him for standing in the middle of traffic. Jake watched the girl as he passed her and Jordan just smiled. She thought about what he was thinking.

Jake had never gotten undressed so fast in his life, he found Dion’s after shave and poured in himself before leaving and searching the crowds of people for her. He rounds a corner, running into a small child.

“Oh sorry buddy” Jake says, kneeling down.

“You’re Jake Gardiner!” He exclaims, and jumps with excitement.

“You can’t just run away from me like that!” Jordan roars and then looks up to meet her eyes with the blue ones she saw before.

“Hi” They both said at the same time. The small child laughs.

“Jake can you sign this for me?” He asks, and Jake nods. He writes on the jersey he was wearing.

“Well I was just going to get a coffee, do you guys want to come with me?” He asked, the little boy gasps and looks to Jordan.

“Why not?” She says, she was so nervous she thought she was going to faint.

--

Sitting in the Tim Horton’s down the street is all three, Jake pays for everyone's drinks and they sit down. Jake and Jordan talk for about an hour before the small child has fallen asleep on the chair.

“Great” She mumbled and attempts to pick him up.

“Let me” Jake says and pick him up.

“But we have to walk home” Jordan says and Jake smiles.

“That’s fine with me”

He follows her to the house, the talk quietly and he can’t help but smile every time she talks. His heart warms when she smiles. He never wants to stop talking to her. He felt like he was in some dream, the perfect dream.

When the got to the house, she let Jake put him on the small couch.

“Well I guess I better get going” Jake says and smiles.

“Yeah” Jordan says and sighs.

“Look, I don’t want to stop talking because I honestly can’t take my eyes off of you” Jake blurts out, Jordan’s face goes red. Jake rips Jordan’s phone from her hands and puts his number in. “Please call me”

Seeing a big tough hockey player beg Jordan to call him was enough she nodded and smiled. Jake knew he couldn’t leave without doing it, so he stepped in and kissed her. Slowly but satisfying.