Settle Down

Dylan

Fidgeting around in his seat, he was feeling anxious and nervous about the upcoming scene he had to do in an hour.

“Dylan, can you stop moving? I’m not done with your make-up,” the stylist snapped, dabbing at an accidental smudge beneath his eye.

“Sorry, Rhonda,” he apologized, calming himself down as he tried to think happy thoughts.

The door to his dressing room burst open, and in came Tyler Posey. “So, Crystal’s cousin is here, and she’s –

“- Really pretty,” Dylan finished, absentmindedly.

Tyler arched an eyebrow before plopping down onto the leather sofa behind him. “What?”

Dylan’s eyes widened at what he just said, “I mean, she’s pretty cool.”

“Uh,” Tyler tilted his head, trying to process what was going on, but decided against it as he leaned back in the seat, “I think Max has a thing for her.”

“W-What’s he doing?” He asked curiously, staring intently at Tyler’s reflection in the mirror.

Tyler shrugged, “They’re just talking, but it’s obvious he’s crushing hard. Like super hard.”

Dylan felt his mind go blank as he gripped onto the arm of the chair he sat in. Rhonda was putting the finishing touches to the bags beneath his eyes, trying to make him look exhausted for the scene.

“Anyways,” Tyler smirked, “you ready for this hot ass scene with you and Shelley?”

“Hell no,” he mumbled, feeling the nerves return, “Switch with me?”

“No, but have fun though,” Tyler got up, patted his best friend on the back before leaving the room.

“And you are all done, O’Brien,” Rhonda said, smiling at her work as she glanced him over one more time.

“Thanks, Rhonda,”

He got to his feet, exiting his dressing room to make his way onto set. When he got there, he saw Avery and Max Carver over on the side, laughing uncontrollably over something until she caught his gaze.

“Hey, Dylan,” she greeted when he got closer, “ready for your intense scene?” She winked at him. He glanced over at the set, seeing Shelley already there with Jeff instructing her what to do.

“I guess so,” he said, turning back to the pretty brunette beside him.

“Oh c’mon, Dylan,” Max chimed in, patting his shoulder encouragingly, “you got this in the bag.”

“You ready Dylan?” Jeff called for him.

Dylan made his way over, greeting Shelley with a quiet ‘hey’ before taking his place.

“And…” Jeff drawled out, taking his seat behind the camera, “Action!”

The scene was going smoothly. Dylan jumped into character the moment they started rolling. That is, until the scene on the couch came up, and he made the mistake of quickly looking over at Avery.

Max was standing closer to her now, brushing a strand of hair that fell in her face back, making her blush slightly. A small smile appeared on those delicate, full lips of hers, setting him off inside.

“Dylan?”

He didn’t realize Jeff had yelled ‘cut’ and Shelley’s concerned voice rang through his ears. “Uh, sorry, I forgot my lines for a moment,” he mumbled, turning back to her.

After what seemed like hours, they finally finished the scene.

“You okay, Dylan?” Shelley asked once more.

He quickly nodded his head. “I’m fine, just feeling out of it today.”

“Think a late lunch would help?”

Dylan turned around, surprised. Avery made her way over to them, a smile plastered across her lips when they made eye contact.

“Well, who is this cute, little thing?” Shelley gushed.

“Uh, Shelley, this is Avery,” he introduced the two and they briefly shook hands before Shelly glanced at a nearby clock.

“Got to run, see you guys later,” she waved before jogging off towards her dressing room.

Dylan turned his attention back to Avery, “You waited till the scene was done?”

“Oh, I have this odd fetish for hot make-out scenes,” she joked, making him chuckle at the thought, “but I am hungry and I figured you probably would be too after you finish. Just please tell me your idea of lunch is not Starbucks?”

“Are you kidding me?” He cocked his eyebrows. “I need a greasy burger and some fries right now.” Her face suddenly beamed, and he couldn’t help but smile at how cute she was. “I’ll go get changed and we’ll head out.”

“I’ll be right here,” she smiled.

He ran off towards his dressing room, feeling way too excited for this than he should be.
♠ ♠ ♠
Love to my subscribers and recommenders:
bilinski
lem0ns0ng
kennedy;
omega wolf

Some comments would be lovely, yeah?
It would really make my day!