Sagittarii

Say what I want, say what I need And I don't need you to agree

One Month Later

I walk into my apartment after a month of being in Gotham. Honestly I wouldn’t be here if I didn’t know Frankie was in New York with Kate for Valentine’s day. Since he’s arrived, my brother has been doing nothing by taking over my apartment and annoying the shit out of me. That’s why I had to disappear. So it’s nice to finally be home in a very silent apartment.

I drop my bag off in my room and text both Jason and Dick to tell them I arrived home okay. Piece by piece, my clothing comes off as I walk towards the bathroom for a well deserved long shower. Despite being in Wayne Manor with 50 thousand bathrooms, I never got any privacy long enough for me to enjoy a hot shower.

I wrap a towel around my torso and exit the bathroom and head straight to my living room. I immediately turn on my iHome and my ears are greeted by LoveGame by Lady Gaga. A smile appears on my lips as I turn it up to maximum volume followed by my dancing around to the beat.

“Let's have some fun,this beat is sick. I wanna take a ride on your disco stick. Don't think too much just bust that kick. I wanna take a ride on your disco stick” I sing along to the song as I’m dancing my way into the kitchen. I open up the fridge and see an untouched bottle of Moscato next to a can of Pepsi. A smile appears on my lips as I take the can of soda instead. I have all night to drink.

Just as I turn around, I see Oliver standing in front of the door...grinning. “Didn’t expect you to be home.” He mentions. “I didn’t think you knew where you lived anymore.”

“If you and my brother didn’t take over my apartment, I wouldn’t have to spend all my time in Gotham.” I counter as I fiddle with the towel around my naked body. With him being here, I’m suddenly aware of how naked I am.

“Where’s Frankie?” He asks as he walks into the kitchen and steals the soda out of my hand. “I thought he’d be here.”

“It’s Valentine’s Day.” I remind him. “He’s in New York with his girlfriend Kate. They have a crazy on/off relationship. I think they are trying to make it work this time; it’s hard to tell.”

“Why aren’t you with Jason?” He asks. “I thought you’d be spending this Hallmark holiday with your boyfriend.”

“Better question is, why are you in my apartment?” I ask, avoiding his question. “I could have been naked.”

“You kinda are.” He chuckles and I can feel my face instantly heating up. “How about this, you go get dressed and I order chinese and we watch anti-love movies on Netflix; it’s what your brother and I had planned.”

“And why would I do that?” I ask, narrowing my eyes at the billionare playboy.

“Because no one, not even Hellequin, wants to be alone on Valentine’s day.” He smirks. I just roll my eyes and walk into my bedroom; this’ll be a long night…

**

“So why aren’t you out somewhere picking up chicks?” I ask Oliver over General T’so chicken. “I’m sure there are girls out there that would love to spend one night with Oliver Queen.”

“Before the island, I’d live up to that reputation but not anymore.” He replies. “I’m not that guy.”

“So the partying and always being at Verdant is a cover?” I ask. “Afraid to allow the world to know you actually grew up.”

“I need them to keep thinking I’m this fuck up; I can’t let them know what I really do at night. We’re really not that different, you and I.”

“I guess we aren’t.” I offer a smile. “The only thing is, I’ve got a better code name.”

“I see you finally admitted to yourself you are Hellequin, huh? What changed?”

“I was sick of lying to myself. I never in a million years thought I’d be the person to kill someone without a second thought. I thought if I denied what I’ve done that means it never happened. Sure they got what was coming to them but still… I grew up idolizing Captain America; he’d look at me with such disappointment if he found out what I did.”

“It must be crazy knowing the fact you can call up Captain America or Iron Man just to talk.” Oliver chuckles. “Must have been an amazing childhood.”

“It was.” I smile. “Cap taught me loyalty and Tony taught me how to function drunk and love the idea that an engineer can create anything. Despite my mom and godfather being doctors,I always wanted to be an engineer like Tony. That’s why I went to school for it.”

“Engineering?” Oliver looks shocked. “I didn’t expect that from you.”

“The blonde hair fools people.” I chuckle. “I was working on my Masters in Biomedical Engineering.”

“Why Biomedical? Why not computer or something else?”

“Biomedical opens doors to other studies like pharmaceuticals and even genetics. I can do almost anything.”

“Why not continue?” He asks. “You started something, why not finish it?”

“Says the guy that dropped out of four Ivy League schools. “I chuckle. “The girl that started school doesn’t exist anymore. She died the night Cade locked me up in cage. I can’t go and do something that isn’t me. I need a change from that Austen.”

“Is that why you chopped off your hair and dyed it black?” I just nod. “A haircut and a dye job isn’t going to kill the old you; not really.”

“It’s a start.” I say as I get up off the couch. “Do you know what we need?”

“Do I want to know the answer?” He laughs, ignoring my sudden subject change.

“A night in is nothing without some kind of facial and spa treatment!” I yell before running into my bathroom and grabbing anything and everything that can be turned into a facial or spa treatment.

When I return to the living room, Oliver is looking at me like a cornered animal; scared and confused. “You are not putting any of that shit on my face.”

“What’s the matter Ollie? Got a rep to uphold?” I chuckle. “This’ll be our little secret. Plus you’ll look fabulous when I’m through with you.”

“There is no way I can get out of this, huh?” He asks, already knowing the answer.

“None.” I smile before walking over to him and start his prep…

**

“How do you girls do this to yourself on a regular basis?” Oliver asks after I finish putting on his charcoal mask. “This isn’t pleasant.”

“Beauty isn’t pleasant.” I giggle as I start my own mask. “But once it’s off, you’ll be reaping the awards. The ladies won’t be able to keep their hands off of you; not like they could before.”

“You know, you’re not bad to hang out with.” He tells me. “Once you get past the drunken bitch you try to be, you’re actually a lot of fun.”

“I’m swooning at the fact you called me a drunken bitch.” I chuckle. “But when you aren’t trying to be a control freak; you’re actually not bad to hang out with. Now I see why my brother likes you; and Frankie hates most people other than myself, our mom and Kate.”

“We should do this more often.” Oliver suggests. “I promise I won’t try and control you. I’ve come to realize it’s not going to work anyway.”

“I’m stubborn, it’s a Barton thing.” I chuckle. “But yea, we can totally hang out more. It’s nice to see the Oliver that doesn’t have a stick up his ass.”

“So what about this weekend?” He suggests. “I know a really good sushi bar.”

“As much as I love sushi, I’ve got to decline. I’m not going to be out of town.” I reply.

“Gotham?”

I shake my head with a smile, “New York. I’ve got demons to face. Thanks to you, I realized that I won’t be able to move on until I come face to face with my problems.”

“You’re going to see Cade?” He looks worried.

“Among other people.” He doesn’t need to know all my plans….
♠ ♠ ♠
Took me a year but here we are!

Honestly I know only one person cares if this story is updated. lol

austen's hair