Hail to the King

Introduction

It's Monday night Raw. Another day of work, another day Roman has to keep his cool. Roman is really a nice guy, calm, cool, collected, but lately, things have been weighing on his mind. He was on his way to see Hunter, Stephanie, and Vince about something. They didn't say what, just to come see them before the show. He walked around the corner at the end of a long hall, seeing a door with 'The Authority' on it. Wiping his sweaty palms down his vest then he knocked on the door.

"Come in!" He heard a female, most likely Steph, call.

He turned the knob, walking in then closing the door behind him. He saw Vince behind the desk on the far side of the room, Hunter and Steph sitting on the couch next to it.

"Come, sit." Hunter offered, motioning to the couch across from them.

"You wanted to see me?" Roman asked, clearing his throat, his voice deep.

"We did." Steph nodded.

"Roman, I've been watching you ever since NXT and I have to say, I'm very impressed with you." Vince started. "I really like what I see and I wanted to offer you something."

"Alright." Roman nodded, focusing on Vince.

"Now Roman, it's not only Vince's decision, Steph and I were also in on this too. We're very proud of what you've done and we'd like to see more from you." Hunter added.

"I do go out there and give better then my best."

"We know and we love what we see." Steph said.

"Now, on to business." Vince said, getting right down to it. "Roman, over the next few weeks, we're looking to give you a big push. We're not sure when it's going to happen, but you're the guy we want. You've been spectacular ever since being brought up and that's what we like to see."

"What about the others?" Roman looked confused.

"Don't worry about them. We have things planned for them." Hunter added.

"Alright. When is this all going to start?" Roman asked.

"It's going to start slow. You're going to be heading most of the promos from now now, you're going to get more singles matches, and you're going to team with Ambrose and make it seem like you both don't get along. It will build tension with the fans and in the group. They know some of what is going on, but not the full extent."

"I can deal with that. It's a really good idea." Roman nodded.

"Also, we have a new move for you to try out and we'd like to see you make the spear your finisher for now. As for the new move, it will be called 'The Superman Punch'. You'll hit your opponent with that then after they get up, spear them."

"You don't have to worry, we'll be working with you on the new move so you can get it right without hurting anyone seriously."

"I get it, but what do I tell the others?"

"Nothing, nothing at all. We'll handle them. You just do what we say." Hunter said.

"Alright. I'm your guy then."

"Good. Now, go get ready for the show. You all have an appearance coming up." Vince said, dismissing Roman.

Roman nodded, getting up and thanking them before walking out of the office. He walked down the halls, running his hand through is long, curly black hair. He wasn't sure how the others would take it, but he didn't care. He was getting a push, one that he wanted and needed desperately. The question was, what is going to happen to The Shield?