Hail to the King

Push or no Push?

It was early Monday morning, very early. The sun was barely rising over the horizon, but Roman was up and getting ready. Vince called into a meeting at 8am, but did not say why. It was just going to be him, Hunter, and Stephanie. The others were not involved in this meeting. Roman had no clue what to think, but prepared the best he could. He put on a nice button down shirt, a pair of dress pants, dress shoes the slicked his hair back into a low ponytail. After finishing up, he got a jacket and his wallet then headed out the door. On his way out of the hotel, he stopped at the cafe to get a coffee before heading out in the brisk morning air.

About a half hour later, Roman arrived to where Vince told him the meeting would be taking place. Paying the taxi driver, he then got out, fixing himself before heading onto the building. He walked in and to the receptionist at the front desk. She directed him to where Vince was and he made his way to the room. Arriving at the door, he knocked.

"Come in." Vince called in his raspy voice.

"Ah, Roman. So good to see you." Hunter said, standing as he walked in.

"Hunter." Roman nodded, shaking his hand. "Stephanie." He acknowledged.

"Let's get right to business." Vince said, sitting up and fixing his jacket. "The reason I brought you here this morning is because we have plans for Raw tonight."

"Alright. How does this affect me and not the others?" Roman questioned.

"It's about your push." Vince said, Roman's heart sinking.

"It's nothing bad, don't worry." Stephanie assured.

"Now, as you know, you were supposed to break away before Wrestlemania, but that didn't happen. The New Age Outlaws wanted to work with you and the others before they left. That's why we still have you all together." Vince started, Roman nodding. "You are still going to get your push, but we want to bring something else back. You've been having issues with Hunter in the ring and we like that. You're showing you full potential out there. That's what we want. As for your on going issues with Hunter, you know we have to have repercussions for last week right?"

"I understand completely." Roman nodded.

"So, here's what we're going to do. We are bringing back Evolution. Not for a long time, but for a decent amount of time. With Randy and Dave both here, it's the right time. Plus we need something big to follow Mania. Things are going to happen to where it looks like you all will be getting beat pretty bad, but not all the time. Tonight will be one of those nights and don't worry, Dean and Seth already know about that. The only thing they don't know about is the status on your push and that's why I called you here today. To tell you that we have not forgotten it, it's going to take a bit longer for it to happen."

"That does clear a lot of things up. We've been so busy the past few weeks that I haven't been able to talk to you about it." Roman said, mentally sighing in relief it was nothing bad.

"We would never do that. You've done nothing to show us you don't deserve the push. You're above and beyond with everything. It's all going to pay off for you in the end." Stephanie added.

"Tonight will be no different. I will bring my best and so will the others."

"Well, I look forward to that." Hunter smirked.

"So do I." Roman grinned.

Hunter stared intensely at Roman as Roman did the same back. They did that for several minutes, it looking like they were going to fight. Just as Stephanie was about to intervene, they started laughing.

"I like you Roman. You never back down." Hunter chuckled.

"I've yet to meet the person that caused me to back down." Roman chuckled as well.

"Alright, go get ready for tonight. We'll see you then." Hunter laughed, shaking his hand.

Roman then got up, shaking hands with Stephanie and Vince before heading out and making his way back to the hotel.

Raw: April 14, 2014

It was the start of the show and there was nothing planned for the guys to do interview wise. The walked to the curtain with everyone as they would be paying tribute to The Ultimate Warrior due to his sudden passing last week.

RAW kicks off with a stage full of WWE Superstars, Divas, and staff members as WWE Chairman Vince McMahon, Triple H, Stephanie McMahon, John Cena, Randy Orton, Batista, Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, Zeb Colter, Joey Mercury, Rob Van Dam, Jack Swagger, Big Show, R-Truth, Kofi Kingston, Natalya, Paige, Eva Marie, Hornswoggle, Titus O'Neil, Mark Henry, Sheamus, Paul Heyman, Cesaro, Dolph Ziggler, Road Dogg, Brad Maddox, Luke Harper, Goldust, Darren Young, Ryback, Curtis Axel, Sin Cara, & Big E, among others, solemnly stand wearing Ultimate Warrior apparel as Jerry "The King" Lawler introduces a touching video package, highlighting the extraordinary career of the late, great Ultimate Warrior and his induction into the WWE Hall of Fame. After the video package, the stars on the stage and the crowd in attendance respectfully go silent and bow their heads as the bell tolls ten times. The Ultimate Warrior's theme then plays throughout the arena as the Superstars, Divas, staff, and fans applaud the Hall of Famer before the talent on the stage lead a "Warrior" chant in the arena.

When that was all said and done, everyone headed to the back so the first match could start. The guys just hung around with everyone, talking and comforting those affected most. As the show went on, so did everyone else, leaving the guys to get ready for their match. Once it was time, they headed to where they needed to be.

"Who are we facing?" Dean asks, not sure.

"No clue. Brad didn't say." Seth shrugged.

"Whoever it may be, we'll be ready for them." Roman said, putting his fist out.

They all put their fists together just as their theme went off. After Dean, Seth, and Roman make their way to the ring, it became apparent that The Shield would not competing in a three-on-three match as they had been led to believe as their opponents were revealed to be Alberto Del Rio, Jack Swagger, Fandango, all three members of 3MB, Titus O'Neil, Rybaxel, Alexander Rusev, & Bad News Barrett in an insurmountable 11-on-3 Handicap Match! With the odds against them, The Shield would be dominated throughout the match, but when Ryback takes Seth Rollins to the outside, Roman Reigns blasts Ryback with a Spear. Ryback's ten teammates then jump on Roman Reigns and the referee is forced to throw the match out. A huge brawl then breaks out, but with an eight-man disadvantage, The Shield is overwhelmed by the eleven men as the hired guns of The Authority lay waste to The Shield. With The Shield down and out in the ring, an entrance theme not heard since early 2005 rings throughout the arena as the unmistakable arrival of Evolution was at hand as WWE COO Triple H led "The Animal" Batista and "The Viper" Randy Orton to the ring. Triple H then instructs the eleven hit men to exit the ring and, after all even Superstars listen to their boss, Evolution picks up the pieces. First targeting Seth Rollins, Evolution beats down Rollins in the corner and Roman Reigns attempts to make the save, getting a few shots in on the COO before Reigns is subdued with an RKO from Randy Orton. Orton then feeds Reigns to Batista, who drills Reigns with the Batista Bomb. Evolution then turns their attention back to Seth Rollins, stomping away at Rollins before Batista feeds Rollins to Orton, who hits the RKO on Rollins as well. Dean Ambrose then tries to make the save, but Triple H & Randy Orton quickly pounces on the United States Champion, knocking Ambrose back down while Batista plants Rollins with the Batista Bomb. Batista then grabs Ambrose, hoisting Ambrose up as Batista & Orton hit their devastating RKO/Batista Bomb maneuver. With Dean Ambrose & Seth Rollins motionless in the ring, Roman Reigns would crawl, still trying to fight back. Triple H then tells Roman Reigns to "believe in Evolution" before hooking Reigns and delivering the Pedigree in the center of the ring. Evolution then hovers over the broken bodies of The Shield.

What will happen now that Evolution is back? Will this be the end of The Shield. They may know a few things that are going to happen, but the rest remains a mystery.