Hail to the King

Royal Rumble 2014

Royal Rumble 2014

It's been a few weeks since Roman was told about his push. He couldn't stop thinking about it. Outside of work, him, Dean, and Seth are great friends and get along. At work, they play their roles to perfection. Roman was walking the halls, trying to clear his head for the big match coming up. He knew everything he had to do since everyone was briefed before the show when everything was finalized.

"Ro!" He heard someone call excitedly from down the hall.

Turning around, he saw his good friend, Izabella, running toward him. Once she reached him, she jumped into his arms, hugging him tight.

"Hello to you to Belle." He chuckled, holding her so she wouldn't fall.

"It's so good to see you. It's been forever." She said as she hopped down, pulling from the hug.

"It has been. What brings you here?" He asked as they started walking down the halls.

"Well...I'm getting called up to the main roster!" She squealed happily.

"Really? It's about damn time."

"Right? I've been there for what, 3 years? I've worked my ass off and now I get the chance!"

"You bet you have. You're going to be the next Divas champion and a damn good one too." He said just as they reached his locker room, peeking in.

"Is he in there?" She whispered to Roman who nodded.

He opened the door, Seth looking up. Roman held is finger to is lip, telling Seth to be quiet. Seth did so, going back and talk to Dean. Belle snuck in the room, being careful then jumped on Dean's back.

"What the hell?!" Dean called out in shock, trying to pull her off, not knowing it was her.

"Chill Mox." She ruffled his hair, hopping off his back.

"Belle?" He looked confused.

"Before you ask, I got called up." She grinned.

"Finally!" Dean said. "I mean...great." He tried to cover up his excitement.

"Colby..." She said, moving from Dean, walking towards Seth.

"Belle..." He grinned, meeting her, pulling her into a hug.

Roman looked on as his long time friend, Belle got caught up with her old friends. They have been friends since daycare. Nothing could take them apart, not even when He left before her to go to Florida to train with FCW.

"Dean..." Roman nudged him. "...what's the problem?"

"He's hugging her to long." Dean mumbled, getting a bit jealous.

"Still crushing I see." Roman teased.

"Shut up!" Dean gritted.

"Alright boys, how about catching up until the big match? I really have nothing to do and don't know many people yet." Belle suggested, sitting on the couch.

"That's my spot!" Seth whined, trying to push er away playfully.

"Awe. To bad. Mine now." She grinned, pushing him on the floor, the other two laughing.

They all sat down and talked for a bit until it was time for the show to start. They all sat there until it was time to the Rumble match.

"We'll be back. You can stay here." Roman insisted.

"Yes father." Belle rolled her eyes playfully.

"I'm watching you." He chuckled before they headed out.

Since Seth was going out second, he headed up to the concourse where they usually enter from. After CM Punk came out, their theme hit and Seth walked down the steps. After the long walk, he reached the ring and got in, the match starting. Dean and Roman stayed in the back, them going out much later, watching the match on the monitor. After many 10 people later, Dean went out at number 11. He got in the ring and went right to helping Seth on eliminating people. After a few more came out, Roman entered and number 15. He went right too the ring and started eliminating people left and right. At one point, Dean almost eliminated him.

"What the hell?!" Roman barked.

"Sorry man." Dean held his hands up. "I didn't know."

"Focus!" Seth yelled, breaking them up.

They went back, going what needed to be done, getting rid of more people. It came to the point where Seth and Dean were working on eliminating someone when Roman came and eliminated at three of them.

"What the hell!?"

"Roman!"

All Roman did was smirk and say a few words to Seth and Dean before going back to the match. What seemed like forever, it was down to Roman and Batista. Both men wanted to win, both wanting to headline Wrestlemania. After eliminating a record setting 12 men, Roman had his moment of the night. That was the big thing that was planned for him. Suddenly, Batista speared Roman and it looked like it was over. While Batista was gloating, Roman got up, hitting him with a vicious spear. While Roman was trying to recover from Batista's spear, that gave Batista time to recover as well. Roman tried lifting him up to throw him over the rope, but Batista countered, send Roman over the top rope, thus ending the match. Roman shook his head, disappointed at not winning, but happy about his new record. After recovering from being thrown out of the ring, he headed to the back. A few people congratulated him on his record and time spent in the match since he was one of the last two in it. He headed to the locker room where Seth and Dean were. Clearly they were not happy, but knew it had to happen.

"Amazing match! All of you!" Belle said once they were all in the back.

"Yeah." Roman said, heading right for his bags, packing them up.

Dean and Seth were already changed since they got back before Roman. Roman then took his things to the back, getting a shower and everything so he could head to the hotel. When he got out and got changed, he punched one of the lockers. He wished things could have gone differently, but unfortunately this is the way they had to go. Not his choice. Walking into the locker room, he saw a note from Belle saying Dean and Seth gave her a ride to the hotel. Sighing, Roman walked around, trying to find a ride. Once he found one, they headed out to the car, getting in and heading to the hotel. 'Raw will be interesting tomorrow.' He thought.