Hail to the King

RAW: January 27, 2014

It was the morning after the Royal Rumble and Roman was up bright and early, not that he got much sleep the night before. He was hyped from his amazing performance, but couldn't help but think about what Dean tried to do. He knew it was every man for himself, but he still didn't know why Dean tried to do what he did. Since he was up before everyone, he decide on hitting the gym to get in a nice long workout before the show later in the evening. He had his bag packed already and was ready to head out. He got his keycard then headed out of the room and down the street to the local gym. Roman was in the middle of a good, intense workout when he stopped to take a break for a drink of water. Since it was a cool day in Cleveland, he decided to go out and get some air. While he was out there, he was going over things in his head. He kept thinking about what he was told a few weeks ago about getting a push. He welcomed the push, but he didn't want to ruin the good thing he had going on with Seth and Dean. Sure, things were rough right now, but there was just a lot of mis-communication among them right now. After being out in the cool air for awhile, he decided to head back inside and finish his workout. A few hours later, he was done and feeling good about himself so he went to go get a shower and get changed into some regular clothes until the show. When he got out, he saw a message on his phone.

'The boys and I are at the cafe down the road from the hotel. Come join us. :) - Belle'

'Just got done working out, be there in about five minutes.'

Cafe La Rosa

"Ro!" Belle called once she seen him walk through the door.

"Hey there Belle." Roman greeted as he walked up to the table.

"Have a good workout?" She asked as they both sat down, re-joining Seth and Dean.

"How- nevermind." He chuckled. "It was good. Just what I needed."

"Why is that?" Dean questioned, being noisy.

"Not that it's any of your business, but I need to think about a few things."

"Like?" Seth pressed.

"Look-" Roman's voice tensed.

"Ro. I ordered you a coffee and your favorite breakfast. My treat." Belle intervened, sensing the appending tension.

"Why thank you Belle, that's sweet of you." Roman smiled at her.

"Anything for my bro." She smiled back at him.

Roman and Belle continued to talk, her trying to keep peace at the table for the moment while Seth and Dean talked amongst themselves. Soon breakfast arrived and they all ate. When they were done, Belle paid and they all headed to the arena to get ready for the show.

RAW – Monday January 27, 2014

The show started like any other. Recapping the night before and everything that went down. It was early in the show and Roman, Seth, and Dean were needed early for a segment. They were on the concourse, waiting for their que to enter the arena.

"Alright, after everything last night, we need to stay focused tonight. Put everything behind us. Got that." Seth said, stating a peace offering.

"Yeah, got it." Dean said as he walked around, getting ready.

"Right." Roman nodded.

"No more bickering, no more fighting. We're the most dominate faction in WWE ever and we need to be a cohesive unit. We all need to be on the same page." Seth continued.

Before anyone could speak, their theme hit and they started to walk into the stands. They stood at the top of the stairs, looking down at the ring before ascending down through the crowd. Their eyes never left the ring as the Authority was backing away from Daniel Bryan. They hopped the barricade just as Daniel entered with a steel chair. Keep there eyes on the task at hand, they hopped up on the apron. Getting in the ring, Daniel started swinging the chair wildly, hitting Dean then Seth when he tried to intervene. When Daniel turned around, Roman hit him with a spear and the fight was on. They all started to kick and punch Daniel while he was down. Just then, Sheamus' music went off.

"Damn it!" Dean yelled.

"Go!" Roman shouted, continuing to kick Daniel.

Dean and Seth went after Sheamus, who was getting the best of them until the numbers caught up with him. He was in the corner, getting beat down by Seth and Dean when John Cena's music went off. Dean and Seth kept going after Sheamus, Roman joining in once Daniel was taken care of. When John got to the ring, he started pulling them off Sheamus. While they were focused on John, that gave Sheamus and Daniel time to recover. Soon the numbers game caught us with them and they were thrown out of the ring, John, Sheamus, and Daniel standing tall in the ring.

"No!" Dean threw a fit, trying to go back.

"We'll get them!" Roman held him back.

"Let's regroup." Seth said as they hopped the barricade again, heading back through the crowd.

Once in the back, Dean was still reeling about what happened out there. Roman was calm, going over things in his head, Seth trying to ease Dean.

"Dude, relax. You've been overreacting and it's not doing us good."

"Overreacting?! Me?! Were you not just out there!?" Dean yelled.

"I was, but we'll get them. We have a six man tag match later and the winner goes onto the Elimination Chamber for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship."

"We so own that match. We will be the next holders of that title." Dean stated.

"Only one of us can Dean." Roman spoke up.

"Oh? Who do you think that is, huh? You?" Dean got in his face.

"No Dean. I know it will be." Roman didn't back down from him.

"Whatever, I'm out." Dean threw his hands up and walked off.

"Nice Roman." Seth shook his head, walking off to find Dean.

For most of the night, they spent time apart to cool down and clear their heads. When it was time for their match, they all met up, made peace with each other for the sale of the match. They went over a game plan of what they were going to do for the night. When it was time for the match, they headed to their position, waiting to head out. After John, Daniel, and Sheamus were all in the ring, they made their way down to the ring once again. They all stared each other down, Dean being really itchy to get the match started. It was decided that Roman would start off against John.

Roman and john lock up, like every match, going back and forth. They would each take turns at getting the best of each other before tagging someone else in. That would go on for most of the match, The Shield looking like they had the match won. Towards the end of the match, the lights went off and They Wyatt family would pop up on the screen. Scrambling out of the ring, Dean, Seth, and Roman would watch as The Wyatt's stood in the ring when they lights came on. Suddenly, The Wyatt's would go after John, Sheamus, and Daniel, the ref ringing the bell to end the match.

"What the hell is going on?!" Dean yelled.

"What are they doing?!"

Once The Wyatt's were done with the beat down, the ref made his decision. The Shield would lose due to The Wyatt's getting involved, them losing the chance at being in the Elimination Chamber.

"What?!" Seth yelled, furious.

"You kidding me?!" Dean pulled at his hair, infuriated.

The Wyatt's walked backwards up the ramp, smirking at The Shield.

"This isn't over boys. We'll have a match, but it will be with them." Roman declared, nodding his head at The Wyatt's.

"It's on."

"Bring it on boys!" Dean taunted.

They were still pissed at what happened, but once the show went off the air, they headed to the back to get ready to leave for the next city.

"After what happened, we need to be at the top of our game. If it's a war they want, it's a war they're going to get." Seth said as they all packed.

"We will be." Dean calmly said, but in a not caring way.

"What's that supposed to mean?" Roman narrowed his eyes at him.

"Nothing. Don't worry." Dean shrugged him off.

Roman rolled his eyes, getting a little tired of Dean and his new attitude. Things were getting a bit tense between Roman and Dean and everyone around them could sense it. Would this tension cost them everything? Only time would tell. They all got their things, headed out to their car and started to make the long journey to the next city in a quiet and tense car ride.