Hail to the King

Standing Tall

It's been a week since the summit on Smackdown and everything seems to be going good. Roman still has his doubts, but he's putting them in the back of his mind, trying to focus on Wrestlemania that was coming up in a few short weeks. He wanted so back to be in the main event, but knew his time would be coming soon. As for now, they were in Memphis, Tennessee for Raw. It was a long week of preparing, going to the gym, live events, signings, the usual.

"I can't believe we have to prove ourselves again tonight. Everything is in the past and forgotten." Roman says a bit annoyed as he takes a sip of his coffee.

"Are you sure?"

"I'm sure. We've become a whole again." Roman assures.

"I don't know. I can see in your eyes that you still have doubts."

"I have no idea what you're talking about." He says stubbornly.

"Ro, I've always been able to read you, you know at."

"True. Curse you for being able to do that." He chuckles.

"What can I say, it's a gift."

"Yes, the great ans wise Belle knows all." He playfully rolls his eyes.

"That's right." Belle smirks. "Now, tell me..." She says, sipping her coffee. "...what's going on with you guys. You never let work affect you."

"Between you and I..." He looks around the coffee shop they were in. "...I think they're jealous of this push I'm getting." He says lowly.

"I mean, I don't blame them." She bites her lip. "You've been equals for over an year here in WWE and have been treated the same then out of the blue you get the push. I'm sure they think it should be them. I don't think they're necessarily 'jealous' as they are mad at the company for not seeing their potential and giving them one as well." She says her thoughts.

"You know, I never thought about it that way." He runs his hand through his hair.

"Have they said anything to you?" She asks.

"No, but I can tell they have feelings toward it."

"For the sake of your friendship, we're all going to sit down and talk about this. No if, ands, or buts about it. We're doing it." She states.

"Belle..."

"What did I say Ro? We ARE doing this."

"Fine." He sighs. "When and where?"

"After we leave here, my room."

"That soon?"

"Yup. I already told Seth and Mox. They'll be waiting there for us."

"I hope you're right about this."

"I am. Don't worry." She grins.

They talked for a bit longer, Roman telling her more about how he feels as they finish their morning coffee like they have always done. Once they were done, Roman paid this time since she paid last time. When that was done, they left the coffee shop and headed back to the hotel that was about a block away. It was chilly out, but refreshing so they didn't mind the walk. They got back to the hotel and went up to Belle's room. When they got there, Dean and Seth were already waiting by the door.

"Stop staring." Seth nudged Dean.

"I'm not."

"Then why is there drool on your lip."

"Is not." Dean wipes his mouth.

"Busted." Seth laughs.

"Shut it." Dean glares.

"Uh oh. Why is Mox in a mood?" Belle chuckles as her and Roman walk up.

"He just-" Seth says only for Dean to elbow him.

"No reason." Dean says. "Why are we all here?"

"You'll find out soon." She says opening the door, everyone walking in.

"Care to explain?" Seth asks as they all sit.

"I don't know man, she just told me we were all meeting here." Roman shrugs.

"Alright boys. I can't stand to see your friendship be ruined by things going on at work. You have not been the same and it's killing me." Belle gets right to it. "So, we are here to talk about all the frustrations you have."

"We did that on Smackdown..."

"Not those. The other ones." She says, Dean and Seth looking confused. "Roman's push." She bluntly says.

"Oh...that." Dean rolls his eyes.

"Mox!" She slaps the back of his head.

"Ow!" He rubs his head. "You're lucky you're a girl." He mumbles.

"What?" She says, getting up.

"Nothing." He puts his hands up.

"That's what I thought." She grins, sitting down.

"Now, Seth, you first." She says.

"Alright, I'm alright with this 'push', but I just don't get why they didn't give us all one. I mean, we've been doing the same thing for over a year and we're all equal. Dean and I are happy for you man, but I think I speak for both us when I say, they should be giving him and I something too and not just you." Seth says it all.

"I agree." Dean says, eying Belle.

"I know and I don't think it's right either, but there's nothing I could do. You both know, if there was, I would do it. I know you're both going to amount to great things. But, this is not going to be happening for a long time. We have nothing to worry about. Right now, we need to stay good buds, and keep this at work. It's been eating at me and I can't stand to see my best buds, no, brothers be affected by this. What happens at work, stays there. Other than that, we'll always be bros." Roman spills.

"What do you say?" Belle looks at Seth and Dean.

"Deal." Dean says, putting his fist out, followed by Seth.

"Yaayy! My boys are whole again!" Belle cheers.

"We owe it all to you." Seth smiles at her.

"I know, again." She laughs.

"We'd be lost if it wasn't for you." Roman grins.

"How well I know." She flips her hair. "But now, you all need to get ready for Raw in a few hours. Off you go." She starts to shoo them out.

"What about you?" Dean asks.

"Don't worry about me. Just go and I'll see you there." She says.

Since Roman was up first, he had the door open and they were waiting for Dean. Seth had to pull Dean out of the room again, them all heading to their room to get ready for the show and all that came with it.

Raw: March 10, 2014

Everything seemed normal backstage and they guys knew what was needed from them for the night. They stayed in their locker room with Belle for most of the night until they were needed. Once it came time, they went to Kane's office since they had a segment with him. Once the current match was over, the cameras faded to them with Kane.

"...you're wondering why I asked you here. Gentlemen, we need to talk. Last week on Raw, you lost to The Wyatt Family. Again. The first time was because you abandoned your teammates." Kane says to Dean. "Which is exactly what you did Monday on Raw, Seth. And then on SmackDown, the three of your aired your dirty laundry in public. In a most unprofessional manner."

"So...is there a point to all this?" Dean asks.

"The point is, that The Shield has proved itself to be a valuable asset in the past. As Director of Operations, I've taken it upon myself to light a fire under the three of you, to see if you remain a valuable asset. Or, if you've become disposable. It seems to me, that the first cracks in The Shield appeared, when you two lost the WWE Tag Team Title to The Rhodes Brothers." He says to Seth and Roman. "So tonight, you will face The Rhodes Brothers to see if you can exorcise that demon."

"Alright. That's cool. We'll take on The Rhodes Brothers any time, but Kane I'm kinda wondering...is this about us? Or are you trying to deflect a little of the attention away from the fact that last week on Main Event, you got pinned by Daniel Bryan." Seth says trying to get to Kane.

"Again." Dean says casually.

Roman says something in Seth's ear.

"Or, last week on SmackDown when The Big Show knocked you out...and you got pinned by Daniel Bryan." Seth points out.

"Again." Dean buts in casually.

"Enough! I am giving you the opportunity tonight to step it up. Now go do it!" Kane raises his voice, getting angry.

"Oh, we'll step up. We always do. And we'll exorcise that demon you're talking about." Dean says confidently.

"Just like we've destroyed any other demon that gets in our way. Believe that Kane. And believe in The Shield." Roman says, getting a bit tense.

They then walk off and prepare for their match and since they faced both them before, they knew what to expect. It wasn't long until it was time for the match and they were in their position, ready to go out. Cody and Goldust went out first then their theme hit, them walking down through the crowd. Dean stayed ringside while Roman and Seth got in the ring. Seth started the match and it got going quickly.

Back and forth to start but The Brotherhood takes control of Rollins and works him over. Rollins drops Cody in the corner and tags in Reigns. Reigns drops Cody and covers for a 2 count. Reigns takes Cody back to the corner and beats him down. Reigns with more offense on the ropes. Rollins tags in for a big right hand off the top. Rollins with a takedown and a knee to the face for a 2 count. Reigns comes back in but misses a big right hand in the corner. Goldust tags in and unloads with clotheslines on Reigns. Goldust with the big right hand and a shot to Rollins. Goldust nails a spinebuster for a 2 count.

Goldust with a crossbody on both men. Cody and Goldust send Rollins and Reigns to the floor. They both then leap out and clean house as Ambrose looks on and approaches. We go to commercial with Ambrose threatening to get involved.

Back from the break and Reigns slams Goldust for another 2 count. During the break, Reigns hit a big Samoan Drop on Goldust. Reigns drops Goldust with a big right hand. Rollins tags in and keeps Goldust grounded. Rollins with a jumping forearm in the corner. Reigns runs around and hits his trademark dropkick to the head. Reigns drags Goldust to their corner and Goldust finally moves. He gets up and fights back but Reigns drops him with an elbow for another 2 count. Rollins comes back in and Goldust goes at it with him. Rollins with a kick to the back of the head. Reigns tags back in.

Reigns with kicks in the corner and a running clothesline. Goldust catches Reigns in a big powerslam out of nowhere. Rollins tags and stops Cody from coming in. Goldust kicks him away and tags in Cody. Cody unloads on Rollins and rolls him up for 2. Cody drops down with the right hand. Cody blocks a move and hits a Disaster Kick on Reigns. Rollins runs into a boot. Cody nails a moonsault on Rollins for a 2 count. Cody blocks a kick and nails a right hand. Cody with a Musclebuster for a close 2 count as Reigns breaks the pin. Goldust dropkicks Reigns to the floor. Rollins sends Goldust out. Cody and Rollins collide. Reigns and Goldust come back in. Reigns spears Goldust. Cody dumps Reigns to the floor. Rollins blocks CrossRhodes and blocks a Disaster Kick. Rollins powerbombs Cody back into the corner and stomps on the back of his head for the win. After the match, Ambrose comes in to celebrate.

They guys stand in the ring, united again as The Shield of old. They stay in the ring a bit longer before heading to the back.

"I think we proved to him that we exorcised that demon." Seth says confidently as they head to the back.

"We sure did. We're still one." Roman says.

"Got that right." Dean dances around.

"Dude, relax. It's like there's music playing in there that only you can hear and it's creeping me out." Seth tells him.

"It's good music too." Dean grins.

"Alright boys, let's just get out of here and head the next city. I want to rest as soon as I can." Roman stops them.

Dean and Seth nod, them heading back to their room. They get their things together along with Belle and they head off to the next city. On the way, Roman still can't help but to think that something is going to happen and mess up this good thing they have going. It doesn't matter to him though, they'll always be bros. This push will help farther his career, but make them even strong as brothers.

Smackdown: March 14, 2014

The drive to Little Rock, Arkansas wasn't that long and they all got to the hotel and got the rest they need for the show and that was good since there was a lot going on. When they got to the arena, they learned Seth would have a match and there would be another segment with Kane.

"What doesn't he get? Why does he got to be bothering us?" Dean seems a bit annoyed.

"He's trying to push off all his frustrations about Big Show onto us, that's all." Seth says.

"We'll it's not going to work."

"Whatever it may be, don't let him get to you. We're stronger than ever and he's not going to ruin that." Roman states.

"Exactly."

It wasn't long until they were told to go to the concourse since Seth's match would be starting the show. They waited until they were given their cue, walking down through the crowd. Once they made it to the bottom, they hopped the barricade, Seth getting in the ring. The action would start off on the WWE app, Seth taking control quickly.

Seth stomps on Sandow's arm. He charges, and Sandow hits a back elbow. Sandow backdrops Rollins to the apron and takes out his knee. Ambrose and Reigns stare at Sandow as the ref starts the ten count. Rollins gets back inside, and Sandow stomps on him and hits strikes. Seth comes back by dropping Sandow face first into the corner. Seth lands an enziguri. He hits Sandow with a flying elbow. Seth goes up top and leaps off, but Sandow rolls outside. Ambrose and Reigns box Sandow in, and Seth takes him out with a dive. He sends Sandow back inside and hits his curb stomp finish for the win.

Dean and Roman join him in the ring, standing united as one. They leave the ring and head back to their locker room until they are need for the segment with Kane later in the night. Once they were needed, they headed to his office. Once given the signal, they start the segment.

"What exactly do you need us here for then? 'Cause we got a lot going on." Dean says, swaying back and forth.

"Well I'm just glad that you took my advice for Raw. I mean I hate to say that I told you so, but congratulations Roman and Seth on your victory over the Rhodes brothers Monday on Raw. And congratulations Dean, on your successful defense of the United States Title against Mark Henry Tuesday on Main Event." Kane congratulates Seth and Dean, putting his hand on Dean's shoulder.

Dean shrugs Kane's hand off his shoulder.

"Oh, okay. Thank you. Did you expect anything different? And why are you even worried about us right now? Shouldn't you uh...shouldn't you be focused on your match tonight? Against The Big Show? You know, seven foot, 500 pounds. Knocked you out last week." Dean reminds him.

"And you still have a lot to learn about this business. But tonight I'm going to teach by example. I'm gonna destroy the Big Show. And I am ordering the three of you to be at ringside. So you can get a closeup look, to see how to properly handle a situation. Who knows, I may even leave some scraps of the Big Show for you." Kane basically orders them to be out there.

"Oh, so that's why you want us out there? To pick up the scraps? Nice try Kane. We know why you want us out there. To protect you. When the Big Show tries to knock you out again. Cause he's gonna." Seth refuses.

"Really?"

Roman then steps up to Kane, face to face.

"You just don't get it do you Kane? We don't take orders from you. But we are looking forward to how you do handle this situation with the Big Show." He says firmly.

"Look, look, look, look. Take it easy, take it easy, take it easy. Kane, don't worry. You saw what happened out there earlier with Damien Sandow. When it comes down to it, push comes to shove, The Shield always does...what's best for business." Seth gets between them.

"Believe that." Roman says before they walk off.

They leave his office and are met by Hunter.

"Well done boys. I like what I saw." Hunter commemorates them.

"Why thank you." Dean says in a sassy way.

"What happened in there, you were right. He's not your boss, but I am. I want you to do what he says, but do nothing to help. Just stand there and observe. Got that."

"Oh we got that." Roman grins.

"Good. Now , I have something else I want to go over with the three of you." Hunter motions for them to get closers to him.

They all huddle up, Hunter telling them the plan for later in the night. They all nod, agreeing with him. Once Hunter was done, he patted them on the shoulder and walked off.

"Oh this is going to be good." Dean rubs his hand together.

"It is, just don't lose your cool."

"Nothing to worry about."

"Good."

They walk around backstage for a bit before stopping by some equipment boxes just standing there talking. Shortly after that, Kane walks by and they just look at him.

"I'm not going to repeat myself." He says to them.

He starts to walk off before they start to follow him. Kane heads out to the ring first, they guys staying behind. Big Show comes out and heads down to the ring.

Before the match could start, The Shield walk out and distract Big Show. Kane attacks Big Show. Show comes back with strikes. He chops Kane, and Kane rolls outside. Big Show goes to pull him back inside, but Kane snaps him across the ropes. He gets inside and attacks Show. Kane dropkicks him in the head. He attacks Show's leg. Show fights out and hits Kane in the stomach. Kane comes back with a DDT. He signals for a chokeslam. They grab each other's throats. Kane hits Show's arm away, and Show lands a clothesline. He spears Kane. Show goes outside and stares at the Shield. He goes up top, and Kane pops up and chokeslams him off. Kane tells Rollins and the Shield to attack Show. They get up on the apron and stare into the ring. Kane yells at Rollins, and the Shield jump down from the apron. Kane yells at them some more, and turns attention to Show. Show hits a chokeslam for the win.

Kane gets up and starts yelling at them for not helping him. Kane then pulls Rollins into the ring after the match to chokeslam him, and Reigns spears him. They start to beat him down before giving him the triple powerbomb. They stand above Kane, united, to end the show and the night.

They then head to the back, getting ready to leave, but get stopped.

"Right now, I'm standing outside of the gorilla position, waiting to get a word with The Shield, to see about what happened going off of SmackDown." Renee says to the viewers watching Backstage Pass. "Guys if I could just get a quick word with you. I mean, clearly you guys have been working with The Authority very closely lately, but the way SmackDown just went off I mean, Roman you speared Kane. What's the message you're trying to send to him?" She asks them as they walk past her before stopping.

"Okay, here's what happened tonight. Okay, something very interesting happened tonight. Kane thought he was gonna give us a learning experience. We were supposed to go out there and learn something, but it turns out, Kane is the one who learned a very valuable lesson." Dean states.

"Yeah, we taught him to never put his hands on The Shield." Seth says.

"Exactly." Dean adds.

"Kane thought he was our boss. Kane's not our boss, we don't take orders from him. Now he knows." Roman sends a message to Kane.

"Thank you very much." Renee says as they walk off.

With that being done, the night was over and they were better than ever. They got their things and headed out to get some rest over the next few days off.