Status: Taking it slow but a c t i v e.

Flaying You Alive.

Eyes Burn Red.

''Are you kidding me?'' My balled up fist slams down on the table. ''This is just so blatantly ridiculous!'' I'm aware of the burning sensation in my eyes, and I'm aware that my friend Lucky looks terrified of me right now. Monster.

''Frank, look - '' her gentle and warm touch brings me to a startled sense of reality again. I growl lightly but she dismisses it, seeming to suck in all the confidence she can. ''I never meant to. Can you forgive me? I'm your best friend.''

The best friend card. Crossing my arms, I allow myself to drink in her false sense of calmness. ''You told Damon.'' I jab a finger of dismay at her. ''Damon, of all people. It's ridiculous. You have kept this a secret for five years, why now of all times do you decide to slip?'' Damon's name burns my tongue, makes my eyes water. I cross my legs as if it'll cover up all my rage.

''That's my brother, Frank.'' Lucky places her hand over my own, entwining our fingers. ''I know him. I know my brother, so I can be one hundred percent positive when I tell you he won't tell anyone.'' She sounds so positive, so sorry and I just can't be angry at her anymore. My eyes return back to their hazel color.

''I don't like what I am Lucky,'' it comes out as a mournful whisper. ''I don't like people knowing what I am. I...I'm a monster Lucky.'' If possible, my eyes would water up right now but they don't. No tear ducts.

''You didn't ask for it,'' she rubs her thumb soothingly over my own thumb. ''You weren't begging for the bite. It's not your fault.''

My stomach clenches, and the past five minutes do a speedy re-wind in my head. A groan escapes my lips.

''Doesn't matter,'' I mumble. Arms crossed. Pouting. This is about as human as I'm going to get now-and-days.

''You never wanted this,'' she gives me a small smile, our argument long forgotten. ''though I'm glad it happened or else I would never have been never been able to meet you.'' She beams at me, stands up and gives me a tight squeeze.

I close my eyes, knowing they have changed colors once again. Baby blue. Sadness, sorrow - whatever you may call it, I'm feeling blue. It's a shame I had to wait fifty years of blood taking just to meet Lucky.

Monster.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, the first chapter of the re-written version of Kill all Your Friends. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out - how about you guys? Like this version better? Vampires aren't discovered yet, so it's still like before. And, for anyone who doesn't know Flaying means to remove the skin. Oops cx

Comments are fabulous. And the song of the day is Alone Together by Fall Out Boy.<3c: