Status: Active ;)

I Feel So Alive Again

Chapter One.

Kellin.

Oh, the notorious headlines. Putting one foot in front of another I walked to school ( I would normally drive but this gave me time to read ), skimming through the daily newspaper in my hand ‘San Diego Police Department find a break in the Shadow Killer investigation’ . This isn’t to great for me, though I highly doubt they’ll pin a senior, seventeen year old boy to all the murders that have been happening recently. I took a bite of the apple in my hand as I tossed the paper into a recycling bin outside the school. I went through the double doors, putting a smile on my face. Even if it was all an act it’s hella good. I walked down the halls until I got to my locker, spinning the little wheel three times then putting in the numbers unlocking it. I started taking some books out until I heard my name on the intercom. What could they possibly want?

I strolled down the halls until I got to the principal’s office. I knocked on the door and then opened it. Stepping in I sat down in one of the chairs facing the front of the counter that divides me with the secretary that work in the office. I waited a few moments as the principal ( Mr. Smith, how generic ) roamed out of his office. I sat with my legs crossed and hands placed resting on my knees, as I saw the office door open.

“Mr. Quinn, we have a – er” he started to speak and then hesitated, “New student, I would like for you to be his tour guide for today. Show him around with the utmost courtesy” he concluded then adjusted his cheap red striped tie. I waited for this kid to come out. I tend to over analyze things so as the boy entered the room I made a virtual profile inside my head. Male, olive skinned, shoulder length wavy brown hair, brown eyes, skinny, around my height maybe maybe an inch or two shorter 5’ 6” maybe. Safe to say he’s pretty damn attractive.

“I’m Kellin” I smiled, extending my hand out. He reached out and shook it, this is defiantly not a high school student, like really who shakes hands. He paused for a second before replying.

“Hudson” he spoke slowly like he was questioning himself about it. The name is too white to fit his Hispanic appearance, alias most likely, or just shy.
“Well, nice to meet you. Follow me” I spoke softly, and escorted him out of the office along with myself.

We sat at the lunch table together, along with some of the kids who consider me ‘friends’ however that works. Hudson had been tailing me all day, I actually learned quite a bit about him. I am actually quite fond of him, he’s not like the rest of the meat heads in this place.

“So you’re the popular ladies man” he laughed taking a sip of his drink.
“Well, popular yes. Ladies, no” I replied taking a bite out of my burger. He took a second to look at me, opened his mouth like he was going to speak the closed it again.

“So, tell me you’re not a homophobe” I asked and said at the same time.
“Well no, I’m uh” he stuttered a bit, “I’m like you, I’d just never seen someone so open about it is all” he explained. A cute boy that’s gay, that’s a pleasant surprise. I finished my burger and crumpled up the paper wrapping.

“Ready to go?” I asked with no intent of rushing him

“Yeah” he replied. As we both stood up he hit his side on the table, making a clanking sound. I placed my tray on the closest trashcan and turned around seeing that he was picking up a shining metallic object with a black border. I remembered this from somewhere, it took me a few seconds but then I realized he’s a police officer, well the badge at least. Most likely undercover, well this is perfect. He stood back up, I don’t think he noticed that I saw. He quickly placed his tray on top of mine and started following me again.

“So do you want to skip the rest of the day?” I asked blinking a few times. He stopped for a few minutes before he agreed. This wasn’t usual of me but, I need information from the police, and I think I finally found a good source.
Once we were a few blocks away from the school, I looked to see that no one was in hearing range.

“So, officer, tell me. Do you have some hand cuff that go with that badge” I said in a suggestive tone still walking, looking forward. I felt him stop behind me.

“What’s the problem officer” I said as I kept walking. He stood sill for a few more seconds before starting to walk again.

“You cannot tell anyone about this, and it’s detective” he said firmly, then gloating about his position. By inference I could tell he was a rookie, just got promoted. It was obvious due to the mistake he just made, confirming being a cop. I couldn’t point it out though I could be under suspicion myself.

“What are you doing at a high school anyway” I asked, I know it’s pushing my luck but for all he knows I’m a curious kid.

“I can’t really reveal information on cases I’m working” he told me. Well this is disappointing, I’ll get it out of him somehow. We kept walking, San Diego is a lovely city. I stopped when we got to a park I like spending time outdoors. I sprinted over to the swing set running and jumping onto one. The chains clinking as I moved forward. When he came over I waited a bit until we were a bit worn out and started going at a slower pace.

“What’s your real name?” I asked him in the kindest way possible.

“Well how do you know Hudson isn’t my real name?” smooth, directing the question back to me. C’mon don’t be stubborn.

“Because it doesn’t suit you” simple as that.

“I guess your right, and you already know this much about me.” yes, this is it finally, “it’s Vic.”

“I really like that name” I smiled directing my sea blue eyes to meet his deep brown ones, “it really does suit you” I smiled still holding eye contact.

“Thank you.”