Expectations.

and who ***ing cares?

Two weeks and at least ten shows later, Presley and Alan are still going strong. Everyone in the other bands absolutely adored the couple. That is, everyone excluding one sulking guitarist.

“Elliott,” Hazel pouts as she pulls on her boyfriend’s shirt sleeve. “Can we go to dinner with the other bands? I’m sick of staying in the bus.” He rolls his eyes, shrugging off her touch.

“I’ve told you, Hazel. I don’t wanna go out. I like staying on the bus.” Hazel falls back onto the leather couch behind her, arms outstretched as she huffily blows air out of her nose.

“But it’s so boring.” He ignores her and just scrolls through his twitter timeline on his phone, poking out his bottom lip a bit when he spots a tweet from a fan to Alan that claimed he’s ‘soooo lucky’ to be dating Pres. Alan had responded with just a snotty ‘i know’.

And it burned Elliott to the bone.

“Besides,” Hazel rattles on, not noticing that El wasn’t paying much attention, “Presley and Alan are having a barbecue tonight. Can we please go, baby?” Elliott sits straight up to liken a meerkat at the word ‘Presley’. To say he still likes Pres is a bit of an understatement.

“Okay.”

“Please, babe? I really - wait, what?”

He smiles, in a much better mood now that he would be seeing her tonight. “I said ‘okay’. Let’s go.” Hazel claps her hands together, ecstatic. “Yay! Okay, I’m gonna get ready! Tonight is going to be so fun!” She springs up from the couch and runs towards where her and Elliott’s clothes were stored.

Oh yeah, Elliott thinks, tonight is going to be very fun indeed.

“Hi Presley! I haven’t seen you in forever!” Hazel runs up into Pres’s arms and embraces her in a hug. The smaller girl grins as she rubs Hazel’s back. “I know right? Where have you two been hiding away?” Elliott shrugs at P’s question, rubbing the back of his neck.

“Just been busy, you know?” Pres nods, smiling. Alan runs up from behind her and scoops her up in his tatted arms. “Hey babe! Oh, hey El. And Hazel! I haven’t seen you guys in a while.” Elliott just shrugs again, trying to keep the glare off his face.

Alan kisses Presley’s cheek and she blushes, placing her hand on top of his. “If it’s okay with you guys, I’m gonna steal her away.” The couple walks away hand in hand.

Elliott grins quietly to himself as a plan forms in his head.

“Come on, Hazel. Let’s get a drink.”​​