Love Yourself so Nobody Has To

I'm Just A Kid.

I finally got to Hell Hole or as others seem to call this horrid place school.

As I was making my way to my locker The Evil Queen of Dulaney High School, Jess and her servants decided to come bother me.

I honestly don't know why Jess hates me so much. We used to be best friends before high school, but I guess that it changes you.

"Well look what we have here." Jess laughed as one her little "servants" shoved me against my locker.

"What do you want Jessica?" I asked annoyed. This isn't the first time it has happened to me. It happens everyday.

"So the beaches whale has a voice today? Ha!" She snorted. "Anyways, I don't want anything, I just like bothering you." Jess evilly smiled before snapping her fingers and having her little clique follow her to class.

I quickly opened my locker and got my books and made my way to first period, Geometry.

You see, I don't hate math like the rest of the world. I kind of find it fun, the only hard part about math is the fact I have dyslexia.

However, the people in the class are what make me hate it.

*skip to Lunch*

11:50. 3rd lunch. Awesome.

I walk up the gym stairs and make my way into the hall. I stop at my normal spot outside the cafe.

I don't eat school lunch, i mean who would? Road kill is probably more edible than it.

"Not eating again?" Kristen, one of Jess's little friends snickers at me.

I just ignore her, but I guess that is wrong...

"Speak to me when I talk to you, fat ass!" She screamed while pulling my hair.

"I-I-I'm s-s-sorry." I stuttered.

"You better be!" Kristen yelled as she threw me to the ground and kicked me. She walked away laughing.

The bell soon rang.

I went through the halls cringing as i hear everyone's comments about me.

"I heard she cuts herself."

"Yeah but she doesn't starve herself, maybe if she did she'd be skinny."

"She's such a freak."

"It's the ugly troll."

I couldn't take it anymore, i ran out of the school and to my secret spot outside of the building.

I slid my back down against the brick walls and cried.

Why can't i ever be good enough?

The last bell of the day rang and everybody left. i walked to the front of the building waiting for Alex.

It began to rain, down pour if we wanted to be specific. After an hour I decided it was best if i just walked home.

The rain was coming down really hard and it was freezing.

A Car pulled up next to me.

"Get in." It was Jack.

"No, I'm fine, i could use the exercise anyways." I said quietly.

"I wasn't asking you, I was telling you. Now get in." He said sternly.

"Y-y-yes s-sir." I stuttered opening the passenger side door and getting in.

"Lex fell asleep at my house. Do you want to go there?" Jack asked.

"I don't think that's the best idea..." I whispered.

"Well too bad, we're already here." He chuckled as he pulled into the drive way.

We got out of the car and Jack engulfed me into a hug.

"I missed you so much Marcy" He whispered into my hair.

Jack was my Princes Bubblegum and I was his Marceline. cool i know ;)

"I missed you too PB" I said hugging him tighter.

Without any warning Jack picked me up and threw m over his shoulder. I winced at the pain but he didn't seem to notice.

Jack opened the door to his house.

"SPECIAL DELIVERY!!!" He yelled.

Zack and Rian jumped off the couch and the three of them all hugged me while i was still being carried by Jack.

Alex sat on the couch giving me a dirty look.

"Marceline you're going to crush him. Get down." Alex spat at me.

I got out of Jacks hold and stood away from everyone. Alex kept giving me a look as if he didn't want me to be there, before walking out of the room.

I couldn't help but feel like i was being watched. I turned around to see Jack looking at me. Not like he was going to murder me, but like he was trying to see through me. I really hope he can't.

*Buz.Buz.Buz*

Phone vibrated, i checked to see who it was.

'Dad'

Dad: "Where the fuck are you, you worthless skank?"

Marceline: "I'm at Jack's."

Dad:" You better get your ass home now, or else."

Marceline:"Okay..." I slid my phone in my pocked and went to go find Alex.

He was talking to some chick, so i just let him be and walked out of Jack's house, only to have my name being called.

"Marcy Mae!" I knew it was Jack. He was the only person who ever used my middle name.

"Where ya going?" He asked.

"Home." I simply replied.

"Why?" He asked, he seemed upset.

"Dad wants me home." I said looking down. Jack nodded.

"Do you want a ride? It's still kinda raining and you could get sick." He said.

I shook my head. "No thank you.."

Jack nodded again and picked me up gently walked over to his car placing me in the passenger seat. He got in on the drivers side and started the car.

A few minutes later we were silently driving down the street.

"Soooo...how's it going?" Jack questioned.

"It's good." I lie to him faking a smile.

"You sure?" He responds. I simply nod and he let's it go.

I'm not going to open up to him. Sure we are close but he doesn't really care, nobody cares about me.

We pulled up to my house. I thanked him and got out of the car and into the house.

"WHERE WERE YOU?!" My father screamed while slapping my face.

"J-J-a-ack's" I stuttered holding my face.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU COME HOME YOU SLUT!" He yelled slamming me into the wall making the picture frames smash onto the floor.

"LOOK AT WHAT YOU DID!!" He said with clenched teeth.

"Why can't you be like ALEX?! WHY ARE YOU SO WORTHLESS!??" I fell to the floor and he began kicking me.

All of a sudden the front door swung open. It was Jack. He looked furious.

"DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH HER AGAIN!" Jack yelled at my father before walking over to me and picking me up off the ground.

"Go pack your stuff, you're staying with me. I'll deal with this." He told me.

I nodded and ran upstairs. I grabbed everything I would need including my trusty razor. I heard the yelling downstairs stop. I picked up my diary (I need to tell my thoughts to someone.) and made my way to my bed room door.

That is until i walked into someone and ended up on the floor...

"I'm so sorry." I say sitting on the floor not looking up to see who it is.

"It's fine Marcy." It was Jack. He held out his hand for me. I grabbed it and he pulled me up with such ease. I'm surprised he could actually do that, not because he's weak, but because I'm heavy.

I gave Jack a small smile and he helped me with my bags. I was putting my last bag in his trunk when he comes out with my two guitars (an electric and an acoustic)

"You play?!" He asked excitedly.

"Mhm, i sing a little too..." I mumbled quietly.

We got back into his car and started to drive back to his house.

"I'm sorry you have to keep wasting you gas on me..." I told him. I really felt bd about it.

"It's not a problem... How long has that been going on?" Jack asked worriedly.

"Um... since you guys left for your first tour..." I mumbled. Jack's eyes widened.

"Does Alex know?" He questioned nervously.

"No." I shook my head. "Please don't tell him, I don't want him to worry." I told him. Jack just sadly nodded.

To be honest I didn't want Alex to know because Alex wouldn't care.

You see, Alex and I used to be very close until the band got signed. He'd always tell me I was getting in the way or that i was being annoying when I'd quietly be sitting watching the guy practice. He pushed me out of his life. Then we got into that "fight" before he left last year and he basically told me he hates me. So not telling him would be best.

We got back to Jack's house and he helped me bring my stuff in.

"Thanks PB." i smiled up at him.

""No problem Marcy, my home is your home." He smiled back.

And out of nowhere Alex walked into the living room.

"Why do you have all your stuff here?" Alex scuffed at me.