I'm Just Fine

Sober Party of Friends

Flynn woke to noises in his living room. With a groan, he groggily stood, found a clean t-shirt, and walked out to see what was happening. He was only out three steps when a body collided with his. Flynn winced but wrapped his arms around the sobbing girl. "It's okay Mal."
"Not it's not, you're hurt!" She cried. "And you're an idiot! How could you fight him?"
"He hit you Mal, I wasn't going to let that stand." Flynn replied gently.
"What if he calls the police on you?"
"I'm bruised enough to show it was mutual, I have witnesses that can testify that he threw first, and he hit you. He'll be in a lot more trouble than me if he tries to get legal."
Malia looked at him with watery eyes. "You're still an idiot."
Flynn smiled down at her as Marty cried, "That's all he gets? You gave me the cold shoulder for like half a day!"
"You started it, Flynn didn't." Trina laughed receiving a growl from Marty.
"I'd love to stay and chat, but I have to get ready for work." Malia whimpered. "But we can hang out later. Sound good?"
"Yeah!" Everyone cheered.
"Let's go Bowling!" Nymph smiled and bounced. "We haven't done that all year." Everyone muttered an agreement. "Do we want it just us or invite other friends?"
"More the merrier." Trina grinned as she looked straight at Nymph. They silently communicated and then nodded in agreement.
"Sounds good, now if you'll excuse me I have to get ready." Flynn squeezed Malia before walking back into his room to change and get ready. Within ten minutes he was ready to go. Grabbing a protein shake and a yogurt with granola in it, he left for his eight hour shift.
The restaurant was crazy for a majority of Flynn's shift. He never had a moment's rest until his break where he spent most of it sitting and trying not to cringe. His whole body was still sore from a couple of days ago and running around was not helping. He popped some ibuprofen and then headed back out to finish his shift. By the time he was able to leave he wanted nothing more than to take a warm shower and crawl into bed. However, when he walked in to his apartment he internally groaned at the amount of people crammed into it.
"Ready for a fun night of bowling?" Nymph smiled excitedly.
Flynn looked at her for a moment before replying, "Yeah, let me shower first."
"Hurry up, we've been waiting all day!"
"You mean eight hours?" Flynn grinned at her before leaving. As he passed his friends, he tiredly smiled and greeted them. Five minutes later, Flynn made it to his room, picked out an outfit, and then made his way to the bathroom. He took longer than he should have but he didn't really care. He was hurting and the warm water felt glorious on his muscles. For a little while he watched as the water flowed down his body and down the drain. With a sigh, he turned the water off and began the laborious process of drying off and changing. When he stepped out (half blind) he felt everyone's eyes on him. "What?"
"You took long enough." Nymph teased.
Flynn shrugged, "The water was just so nice I may have fallen asleep once or twice."
Nymph rolled her eyes and replied, "Just hurry up, we want to booooowl!"
"I'm ready, I just need my glasses and shoes." He walked into his room to grab his things and then the group headed out.
With ten people in their party, they were given two lanes. Trina, Steven, Nymph, Clark, and Marty were on lane 12, while Flynn, Mal, Tyr, Charlie, and Lydia were on 13. After setting up each lane with unique names, the mini tournament began. Flynn was bemused as he watched Tyr knock down two pins and groan.
"You'd think with all his athletic talent he'd be able to bowl." Charlie cackled when Tyr threw his ball into the gutter.
"It's all about the wrist." Flynn grinned.
"Shut up." Tyr scowled.
"I didn't say anything."
"Your face said it all. Well wise-guy why don't you show me how it's done."
"I will." Flynn muttered in a low voice before getting up. He retrieved his bright orange and pink ball, lined up, and rolled. Tyr was about to poke fun until the ball spun and knocked down seven pins. Staying focused, Flynn got his second ball and finished with only one pin up. As he passed Tyr he purred, "It's all in the wrist."
"Asshole." Tyr glared. "Where'd you learn to bowl?"
"High school. We were on the bowling team?"
"You were on a team?"
"Yeah. All of us were. Don't worry, me and Mal got you." He winked causing Charlie to laugh.
"Wow, you really are an asshole."
"Only on occasion."
"Or when he's a hurting puppy." Lydia patted Flynn on the head. "Defense mechanism."
"Hardly." Flynn crossed his arms.
"Please, whenever you have been hurt you deflect by being a jerk."
"I am not a jerk."
"Who's being a jerk?" Marty asked, wrapping his arms around Lydia.
"Flynn's being mean to Tyr. By the way, I'm winning." Her eyes sparkled up at him.
"Liar!" His head turned to see she was beating him by 2. "Shit. And he totally deserves it." Everyone looked at Marty. "What? Keep him from getting a big head. He excels at everything else at least now we know Tyr's human."
Charlie was the first to start laughing again, "Oh man, it's true! You're a real man!" He hugged a very annoyed Tyr who pushed him off.
"Yeah, yeah. I could have told you that." Tyr mumbled.
"Oh cheer up Tyr, we pick on you because we love you." Nymph kissed his cheek.
"Tyr you're up." Mal smiled and traded places with him. "Why does Tyr have the look of annoyance?"
"We were teasing him about his fail bowling abilities." Marty replied.
Mal rolled her eyes, "That's rude."
"He should get over it."
"Marty."
"Mal." The two had a stare off until Marty grunted, "Fine."
Mal smiled as Tyr returned. "You're up." Flynn got up and paused at the rack. The pills were beginning to wear off. He breathed out and rolled his frame knocking 8 pins down in total.
A game and a third later Tyr dropped into his seat. "You're up Flynn." After the initial teasing and Marty apologizing, everyone started to have fun. Lydia and Marty yelled at each other whenever the other was leading. Charlie, Marty, Trina, and Nymph would purposefully try to screw each other up. Mal helped Tyr get more than three pins down at a time. Flynn once swiped Mal's ball mid swing and then threw it down the lane (giving her a spare). The alley was filled with the group's laughter.
"Thanks." Flynn stiffly got up and picked up one of Mal's eight pound balls. Even such a light weight was causing him problems. Essentially giving up on trying, he let it go. The ball was slow but steady, knocking down five pins. He repeated the process with a final score of eight pins down. He high fived Lydia on the way to his seat.
"You alright?" Tyr asked.
"Why wouldn't I be?"
"Other than the fact you look like you're about to pass out? You've slowly decreased your ball's weight," Charlie snickered receiving a glare from Tyr. "Until you hit the lowest weight. You went from a twenty point lead to a seven. What's up?"
"My body's bruised and I forgot ibuprofen. You may actually beat me this game." Flynn mused as he looked at his friend tiredly.
Tyr raised a brow, "Highly doubtful. Even in your... weakened state you still can manage eight pins on average."
"I'm magic." Flynn chuckled trying not to think of their thighs touching. "Have you ever been bowling before?"
"Not really. I went candle pin when we visited family but other than that we aren't bowling people."
"Poor you. I find it relaxing and it's always funny to watch Marty get heated over a game. I guess I can find solace in knowing I'm better than you in at least one thing."
"Flynn." Tyr rolled his eyes. "You're better than me at a lot of things. Take drawing. I can barely draw a stick figure while you can make a sketch look like a black and white picture. I've also seen the way you dance, you are far better than me at it."
Flynn's cheeks started burning red. "I guess- Shit!" He growled as he doubled over in pain when Marty smacked him of the back. His vision became spotty.
"Buck up Flynn and stop crying over your bruises." Marty laughed as he went to bowl.
"I'm going to kill him." Flynn panted.
"You alright?" Charlie asked, dropping down next to him. "You went white for a minute."
"Lydia?" The girl turned to Flynn. "Go make sure your boyfriend royally fucks up."
An evil glint crossed her face, "Anything for you." She sauntered over and began her devious work.
"What is she going to do?" Charlie asked.
"Be evil." Mal smiled. Charlie looked up interested. "Marty can't say no to her or get angry." She held up a hand when Charlie went to object. "Yes he get annoyed but it's never as heated as when someone pisses him off. They argue, take half day to cool down then they make up. He's whipped." She cackled.
"Is being whipped that bad?" Charlie slouched in his seat to get more comfortable. "I find that for the most part it isn't that bad. Though the other party gotta realize once and a while I want to hang with mah boyz."
"Dated crazies?" Mal asked with interest.
"Once or twice. Not lately though, been cruising the single train." Mal giggled before getting up to do her frame.
"Smooth." Tyr mouthed receiving the bird from Charlie.
"I suggest waiting a few more weeks before asking her out. She's still heartbroken, but she'll do better if she realizes she doesn't need him." Flynn suggested with his eyes closed.
"I don't-" Charlie stuttered.
"Don't worry I won't say anything but it's kind of obvious. Not to her though, you'll have to be blunt with her. She doesn't take subtle hints."
"She's not the only one." Nymph muttered as she passed by.
"Hmm?" Flynn finally opened his eyes to look at her.
"Nothing. You're doing terrible love. Usually you're kicking all our asses."
"But I got kicked right here."
"I saw."
"I don't care much for scrap fighting. Too rough."
"It wasn't entirely a disaster."
"But I got kicked. Right here." The two friends stared at each other before beginning to laugh. "Shit, laughing's a terrible idea."
"Poor baby." She cooed. "How can I make it up to you?"
"Shouldn't I be asking that?" Mal walked over and sat on Flynn's lap.
"He defended my honor." Nymph shrugged.
"Technically I defended both of yours I think." He cradled Mal closer to him.
"And thus we love you for it." Nymph kissed his cheek and Mal's forehead.
"He gets praised for getting into a fight while I get scolded. How the fuck is that fair!?" Marty scowled. "I suspect favoritism!"
Mal and Nymph looked at each other before replying, "Duh!"
"Fuck you guys!" Marty flung up his hands and pouted.
"Oh babe, don't pout. I love when you defend my honor." Lydia wrapped her arms around his waist before whispering into his ear words the group had no interest in knowing.
An hour later, everyone decided on what cars to get into and headed home. Once on campus Flynn took one look at Nymph and Clark and proceeded to look at Tyr. "You busy tonight?"
"Not really, why?" Tyr replied.
"Mind if I hang with you? I don't feel like going home to that." He nodded his head towards a very handsie pair.
"No problem." Tyr chuckled. "We can have a Super Smash Brothers tournament. You in Charlie?"
"Sure." The other man smiled. "Anyone else want to join?"
The two other pairs declined wanting some alone times while Mal nodded. "Sure, if you don't mind."
Charlie's face lit up. "Not at all."
"Awesome, let's go." The four friends headed towards the frat house for a night of rivalry and fun.
♠ ♠ ♠
So trivia time... What show is Nymph and Flynn's conversation based on?

Update soon! I graduate in two days!!!!!!