I'm Just Fine

First Week is Always Interesting with Friends

"Flynn!?" Tyr called when he saw the tall young man walking with his hands in his pockets. He wasn't sure at first, but when Flynn turned he knew he hadn't been wrong. "When'd you get a haircut?" Tyr laughed as he ran his fingers through his friend's now short hair.
Flynn's cheeks colored as he replied, "Last week. It was getting too long and mom complained every time I went home." He was self conscious about how short it was. The hairstylist was new and didn't exactly listen to how short he actually wanted it.
"I like it." Tyr grinned causing Flynn to relax a little. "What'd the other's say?" He turned his head when his other best friend arrived. "Hey Charlie."
"Hey Tyr, hello Flynn. Nice haircut." The other man nodded, easily falling into step with the pair.
"Hi Charlie." Flynn nodded. "Nymph cooed and then pouted that she didn't do it. Everyone else seemed to like it except Marty, but he never comments about anything unless it's one of the girls."
Tyr shook his head before patting Flynn on the shoulder. "I'll talk to you later. Class time."
Charlie and Flynn watched as Tyr left with a giant grin on his face. "Is it me or does Tyr seem a bit too chipper right now?" Flynn asked a bit perplexed.
"No idea." Charlie shook his head. "I'm assuming someone gave him coffee." Flynn nodded as the two continued on. They eventually split, Charlie heading to the third floor while Flynn headed to the Liberal Arts building.

During lunch the group met in the cafe. Charlie and Mal were the first to arrive and grabbed a large circle table. They only had to wait about five minutes before the rest of the crew started to show, place their bags down, and look for food. Nymph was the last to arrive, having a class on the other side of campus. Once her plate hit the table she turned a wicked grin at Flynn.
"Alright Skitz, spill now before I beat you." She demanded with eyes that stared into his soul. Everyone paused and looked at Flynn confused.
"Elaborate." He replied, he was fully aware of what she wanted but did not want to talk about it.
"Goddamn it Skitz! You know right well." She scowled, wanting all the juicy details. "Your date! Tell me about your date! How did it go? Are you going on another? Did you fuck each other? Am I going to have to buy earplug!" Save one, the entire table looked at Flynn surprised; he didn't tend date.
Flynn sighed, "Oh you mean the epic failure of an evening?"
"It wasn't that bad." Nymph rolled her eyes. "You are being dramatic."
"I'm not, it was an utter disaster."
"Come on Flyyyynn, stop lying and just tell me!"
"Oh he isn't." Lydia smirked with laughter in her eyes. Nymph cocked her head as Flynn leaned back in a huff. "It was so disastrous he called me from the bathroom and begged me to save him. He sounded like he was close to tears." Marty threw a glare at Flynn but it was ignored.
"What happened?" Nymph looked at him with surprise and curiosity.
Flynn scrubbed his face as he replied, "I found the guy so boring. All he talked about was cow manure and corn. And he never stopped. I timed him. He talked nonstop for an hour and fifteen minutes. I excused myself and called Lydia and when I returned he started talking again. I tried to say something and he sh'd me. Who does that on a date!?"
"Wow." Nymph along with everyone else looked at him with wide eyes (excluding Marty who was still annoyed at Flynn for calling his girlfriend). "You. You sure did have a bad date. How did Lydia save you?"
Lydia barked out a laugh, "I rushed in and started talking really fast and grabbed Flynn's things while shoving them at him. It happened so fast the poor man had no idea what happened."
"Clever." Trina grinned.
"It was either that or yell at him for being a fail baby daddy but I thought better of it." Her eyes slid specifically to Marty who was fuming. She let out a laugh and kissed cheek before leaning into him. He looked at her with annoyance but quickly lost all traces of anger when she whispered dirty things in his ear.
"You sure know how to pick them, Skitz." Trina shook her head with a grin.
"He asked me." Flynn shrugged. "I had no reason to say no."
"Until you tried talking to him?" Charlie smirked.
"Until I tried talking to him. How do you spend over five minutes talking about corn? I mean I bet there are some interesting facts bout the stuff but really." He couldn't finish his sentence as he scrubbed his face once more.
"Only you Skitz." Nymph patted his shoulder. "Only you find the most... unique people to go on dates with. Remember Brian?"
"Shut it, Nymph." He nearly growled. Brian was in a class all his own.
"Assholes and weirdos." Marty teased as Flynn scowled at him.
"Whatever happened to the guy you danced with at the club?" Mal asked as she munched on her carrots.
"What kind of dance are we talking about?" Nymph inquired, she wanted mental picture.
"The dirty kind." Trina grinned. "Yes, do tell about your time with him. I saw you two disappear into the bathroom."
"Nothing." Flynn could feel Tyr's eyes on him and refused to look over. "He met some other guy who I believe was high as fuck and I left as he was about to give high guy head."
"Oh my god Skitz, you are so boring." Nymph complained.
"Then why don't you tell us about your adventure?" He smiled coyly to which Nymph lit up. She excitedly began talking about her experience over the summer and how much she loved it. She was about to tell them about her European conquests when everyone realized the time. Most had class while others had work. Saving the juicy details for another time, the party split and went their own ways.
Later that night, Flynn and Tyr walked into the apartment to the chorus of moans, grunts, thumps, and 'Yes's.' Flynn pushed Tyr towards his room, shut the door, and turned on the stereo just loud enough to drown out the noises. "Sorry." He muttered as he flopped on his bed. "If I'd known she was going to have a guest, I would have suggested somewhere else."
"I think she has more than one and it's fine. Can't really hear anything with the music on." Tyr smiled before the pair heard a thump. Both froze and listened to make sure everything was okay. Within seconds they heard a soft (due to the music) 'Yes!' and stopped paying attention. "You're life is never dull."
"No it isn't." Flynn sighed. Scorch jumped up on his bed and curled up next to him. Unconsciously, he started stroking the chubby calico unaware that Tyr was watching. It was still strange knowing that his friend saw things that weren't there. More often than not, Tyr forgot that Flynn was Schizophrenic. But times like these, when Flynn's guard was down, Tyr was reminded that his childhood friend wasn't textbook definition normal. He never dwelled on the fact long though, Flynn always did something that would cause Tyr to watch in want. Like now. Tyr was watching Flynn pet his imaginary cat and then Flynn stretched. He brought his arms up as his back arched, revealing a toned stomach that few probably realized he had. Tyr couldn't removed his eyes from Flynn's body until there was another loud noise from Nymph's room. Why couldn't he just tell Flynn how he felt about him? He'd never had this much trouble with anyone else. Granted everyone else he'd dated or slept with threw themselves at him, but Flynn didn't. Flynn was different and Tyr feared his rejection. He feared losing the friendship they had just reforged.
Tyr sighed as he sat down, "Ready to try and figure out this homework?"
Flynn sat up, stroked Scorch one last time, and nodded. "Yeah, let's do this." He tugged his bag over and pulled out his Positive Behavior textbook. They spent an hour and half reading and writing out the end of the chapter questions. Around twelve Flynn's phone woke him up from the nap he was apparently taking. He quickly stopped the thing from vibrating when he realized there was something heavy across his waist and warm on his neck. He turned his head slightly to see Tyr fast asleep. The older man was on his stomach with an arm curled around Flynn's waist and face inches from Flynn's neck. Flynn's heart started racing as he bit his lip. Unsure of what to do, he focused on the text. Have you seen my roommate? Won't answer my texts. Flynn scrunched up his face as he looked at the name of the person who sent it. Charlie. So Tyr was sharing a room this year, huh.
After texting back, Flynn reluctantly nudged Tyr. "Tyr, wake up. It's midnight and Charlie's worried you were kidnapped my ninja llamas." He heard a groan and then a snicker as Tyr started to wake.
Once he realized what he was doing, Tyr bolted upright. "Ah, sorry. I tend to ah cuddle when I sleep." Flynn caught a hint of red coloring Tyr's cheeks.
"It's cool. No homo or whatever." Flynn chuckled.
"Really? You're gay and I'm bi, I'm pretty sure 'No Homo' doesn't apply to us." Tyr laughed as he stretched.
"Habit." Flynn shrugged, getting out of bed and turning off the TV. He turned to find Tyr looking at him questioningly. "Marty is secretly also a cuddler. We have on occasion woken up cuddling, but don't tell him I told you. He'd kill me. Seriously, he would."
"My lips are sealed." Tyr began packing and getting ready to go.
"So you no longer have a single?" Flynn asked as he watched Tyr tie his sneakers.
"I do, Charlie, Steven, and I got an apartment close to school. Everyone needs to come over sometime and check it out. Make sure it's up to your approval." Tyr grinned as he stood.
"Maybe this weekend." The two men walked out into the living room just as Nymph's door opened. The pair looked over to see a young woman step out in only a sheet. She squeaked in surprise and blushed a deep red.
"Hey Flynn. Tyr." Nymph smiled as she walked up behind the embarrassed girl, kissing her neck.
"Hey Nymph. Melody." Tyr greeted. "Do you need someone to walk you home?" He addressed the latter statement to Melody.
"Ah, um if you don't mind." The girl stuttered.
"Not at all." Melody nodded and disappeared back into the room to find her clothes.
"You know her?" Flynn whispered so as not to embarrass the woman further.
"She's on the basketball team with Trina. Point guard." Tyr replied and then smiled when Melody walked out. "Ready?"
She nodded and then turned to Nymph. "Ah, thanks. I'll see you around." When she passed Flynn she muttered a 'good night' before scurrying down the hall.
"Niiight." Tyr grinned as he left the apartment.
Flynn waited a minute before looking over his shoulder at Nymph. "I thought I heard a man's voice."
"He left a few hours ago. She still had some fire in her." Nymph smirked. "Guy's just don't have as much stamina as us women."
"So says you." Flynn snorted.
"I wouldn't know about you Mr. Skitz, it's been ages since you got any."
"You know how I am." He sighed. "When I liked someone I can't just go and find some easy fuck. Just doesn't work."
"Can't get your boy up?" She teased.
"Oh he's a presence but for a totally different reason."
Nymph laughed. "You are adorable. Now I will see you in the morning. Goodnight, love." She kissed him on the cheek and headed back to her room.
"Sweet dreams, Nymph." Flynn quickly got ready for bed and face planted onto his sheets. He fell asleep with Trinity, Rico, and Scorch curled up next to him and images of Tyr sleeping in his head.