I'm Just Fine

Our Friend's Celibacy

"Hey, Mal." Tyr greeted as he walked over to the frig. Mal sat at the bar the small apartment had, blushing as she took a sip of water. "How you you?" Tyr turned after making himself a bowl of cereal.
"Fine." She replied quietly. "How are you doing?"
"Fine."
He watched as her faced showed her deep contemplation. She bit her soft pink lower lip until she finally steeled herself. "Tyr, may I ask you something?" Figuring it probably had to do with Charlie, he nodded and waited. "Why did you sleep with that young man last night?"
Tyr nearly dribbled out the contents in his mouth. Swallowing mostly whole frosted flakes, he asked, "What?"
"Why did you sleep with that guy last night?" She looked at him with innocent eyes, but there was something behind them that he couldn't place. "I don't understand why you would when you like Flynn."
"Wait, what? Why do you think I like Flynn? I mean yeah he's a great friend, but." He couldn't finish as he saw Mal sigh.
"Please, do not lie to me. I know you like Flynn as more than a friend. You do realize you just took two steps back right?" Tyr looked at Mal confused. "He doesn't want or particularly like being a conquest. In high school when he had low self-esteem he slept with quite a few people, but now I don't even remember the last time he had sex with someone outside of a relationship." Tyr looked down at his finished breakfast. "Flynn saw you leave with the young man."
He looked up with startled eyes. "He did?" She nodded slowly. "Fuck." He groaned.
"Why are you fucking?" Charlie asked as he entered the kitchen area and came up behind Mal. He kissed the top of her head before wrapping his arms around her.
"Flynn saw Tyr leave with a young man last night." Mal replied as she smiled into Charlie's touch.
"Oooo." Charlie looked at his friend sympathetically as he shook his head. "That's not good, bro."
"I know." Tyr placed the bowl down and scrubbed his face with his hands. "How much did I fuck up?"
Mal though about it. "A little. It'll take a little while for Flynn to even consider that you aren't trying to just sleep with him. You aren't are you?"
"No!" Tyr replied a little too quick and a blush graced his face.
"In all honestly you're probably going to have to be celibate to convince him you want a relationship and not another fuck." Tyr made a face and took a deep breath before nodding. "Also," She waited for Tyr to look at her before continuing. "Even if you do start dating, it might be a little while before Flynn will sleep with you. Even when having sex Trinity, Rico, and Scorch do not go away. It gets awkward for him sometimes because he's virtually being watched by friends, so be patient. I'm telling you this because I like you Tyr and although you do not always make the best decisions in the... sex department, I believe you actually do care for Flynn. Tell anyone I told you any of this and I will deny it. We both know they will believe me over you. Another thing," Her usually large innocent eyes went serious and burned with protectiveness. "Break his heart and I will end you. If I don't there are at least three other overprotective people in our group that will either kill you or make your life a living hell. We are already crazy, we have little qualm over making it evident to others when it comes to people we care about. Understand?"
For that moment, Tyr was truly terrified of Mal. Usually she was the one everyone looked out for, the one who needed protecting. But after her little speech, Tyr was sure she was probably the scariest of the group. He nodded and replied, "I would never intentionally hurt Flynn. I know I screwed up with the guy last night, but I'd never use him."
"Like you used the man last night?"
Mal was being mean, Tyr thought. He crossed his arms and defended, "He knew what my intentions were just I knew his. We wanted nothing more than to have a one night stand. With Flynn I would never look for that. I want a relationship with him not a quick fuck."
"Then why haven't you asked him out?"
"I-" Tyr blanched and looked down.
Taking mercy on him, Mal said, "Just give him some time and then ask him out. If I have one last suggestion it's this, ask him out on a date. Don't get drunk and spew your feeling for him while sticking your tongue down his throat. He definitely doesn't like that. Someone tried it once and he ran away. It was kind of funny, but I don't want that to happen to you."
"Thanks, Mal."
"No problem. I need to get going, I have work in a half hour." She got up and placed her mug in the sink before hugging Tyr and then kissing Charlie. She smiled at the two men and waved. "Bye."
After a minute, Charlie turned to Tyr, "What made you think it was a good idea to sleep with what's his name?" There wasn't any cruelty in his voice, just a mere question.
Tyr sighed, "I was drunk and I wanted to sleep with someone. I wanted the closeness and shit. I really fucked up with Flynn."
"Maybe not completely but Mal's right, you're going to have to show him you actually like him. You do have a reputation for sleeping with people and not really being in relationships."
"I know, but when I am in one I am completely loyal." He pouted a little. He did not think his morning was going to be this stressful.
"I know dude, just need to convince Flynn you want a relationship." Tyr nodded and the two were in a comfortable silence, until Charlie commented, "So celibacy." Tyr groaned. This was going to suck. "You're almost as bad as Nymph." Charlie laugh.
"Not nearly that bad." Tyr scowled.
"She does get around... Are you sure you want to be with Flynn. Don't get me wrong, he's a great friend but he's... unique."
"Mal's unique."
"She is, but she doesn't have friends that aren't there." Tyr looked at Charlie. His friend found out about a few weeks before last semester ended. The guy's very observant (thus his interest in criminal justice and becoming a detective) and had noticed Flynn's quirks. The group was watching A Beautiful Mind for a Psychology class and the pieces started clicking. He sat up and turned to Flynn and asked, 'Are you like Nash?' The room froze as Flynn cautiously asked 'What? Why?' Charlie shrugged with a reply of 'You do similar things as Nash. Like now.' He nodded at Flynn who was unconsciously petting Scorch. He blushed a deep shade of red and stuttered, 'Um, yes.' Everyone held their breath as Charlie nodded and shrugged. 'Cool. I'ma have questions for you later though.' He turned back to the TV and the room could breathe again. "It's going to make having sex weird. He has an audience."
"I know. We'll cross that bridge when we cross it... If we cross it." Charlie patted Tyr's shoulder before turning to get something to eat.

~~
Two months. Tyr has not had sex in three months and was kinda going crazy. He wouldn't say he's addicted to it, but he enjoys it a lot. The feel of skin to skin is amazing and pleasing the other person to the point of orgasm is a magnificent thing. Being pleasured in return is always a plus.
The crew was at some frat party and Tyr had just turned down the fourth person that not so subtly offered themselves to him. He groaned as his head dipped down; fingers raking through his hair. Nymph plopped herself next to him and asked over the booming music, "Alright spill. What the fuck is going on with you? That girl nearly pulled out her vagina for you and you turned her away. What's going on?"
"Flynn." He replied, not looking up.
"Ah fuck, what'd he do?"
"Nothing. I'm trying to prove to him he isn't some one night fuck and I haven't had sex in like two months and it sucks." He whined, leaning in to her.
"Woah." She looked at him stunned. "Does he know?"
"No. I'm being cowardly and haven't said anything to him."
"Who told you not sleeping with others was the way to go?"
"Mal... That time I brought someone home and Flynn saw."
She remembered that night. Flynn had finally gathered up the nerves to ask Tyr to dance and then watched helplessly as Tyr pulled a stranger out the door. She watched Flynn's heart break and they ended up watching some movies and eating ice cream. "Mal, of course she did. Well, I don't see why you're at this party if you don't want to get fucked. You should leave." She sighed with a grin. "Maybe you can check up on Flynn." Tyr head lifted to look at her. "His sisters just left so I bet he's feeling a bit lonely. What do I know?" She got up with a shrug. "Stay if you want, not my house." She watched with a self-satisfied grin as Tyr left. No one can say she's a bad friend. She turned to see an attractive man raking his eyes over her body. Karma isn't always a bitch. With a seductive smile she sauntered over. Within seconds they were on the dance floor and she was sandwiched between him and very sexy young woman. She grounded her ass into the man's crotch as she started making out with the girl. Just because Tyr didn't get any doesn't mean Nymph shouldn't.
While Nymph basically has sex on the dance floor, Tyr was making his way to the apartment. With sweaty palms (what was wrong with him!?) he knocked on the door and listened as Flynn moved around. When the young man got to the door he was surprised to see Tyr on the other side. "Ah, hi."
Tyr chuckled, "Hey."
"What are-" Flynn cleared his throat. "What are you doing here?"
"I wasn't in the partying mood so I decided to come bother you. May I come in?" His eyes sparkled with amusement as Flynn became flustered.
"Ah, yeah, always. Sorry, I just wasn't expecting anyone since there was a party and all."
"It's cool. I was there but." He shrugged not wanting to admit it was because Flynn wasn't there. "So what were you up to?"
Jerking off. Flynn replied, "Thinking of a movie to watch. I want to watch Texas Chainsaw Massacre but I'm too scared to watch it on my own."
"Still want to? I love that movie." Tyr plopped down on the couch.
"Sure." He set everything up and sat so there was a few inches between them. "Sorry in advance-"
"If you cuddle up next to me?" Tyr grinned. "I remember you watching the Ring for the first time. You were nearly in my lap."
"I was 10!" Flynn cried as he threw in arms up in the air. "That movie was terrifying."
"Yeah, to you."
"You jumped a few times!"
"Because you startled me. You jumped at everything and then had to sleep in my bed because you were scared."
"Well, not everyone can be fearless like you." Flynn pouted with arms crossed.
Hardly fearless... Tyr looked at Flynn longingly before replying, "If you get scared, my shoulder is all yours." Sheepishly, Flynn nodded and the pair quieted as the credits started. A quarter through the movie Flynn was pressed up against Flynn, clutching the front of his shirt. Tyr prayed Flynn didn't notice how fast his heart was racing or chalked it up to the movie. He bit his lip before wrapping his arm around his friend. Flynn jumped, startled by Tyr's arm. With a chuckled Tyr whispered, "It's just me Flynn, you're fine." Flynn relaxed for all of five seconds before trying to burrow into Tyr's side. Sometimes Tyr believes he's a masochist.
Around 3am, Tyr was standing near the door to go home. "You sure you're going to be okay?" He knew that scary movies scared the shit out of his friend.
"Yeah." Flynn tapped his foot as Trinity made fun of him for being scared. Rico tried to scold her, but did little good. "I'll be fine."
"Okay." Tyr nodded but didn't move. He was nervous and he would never admit but also scared. "Flynn?"
Flynn looked at him catching some of Tyr's nervous energy. His fingers started tapping against his leg a he replied, "Yeah?"
"Flynn." Tyr made a fist and blurted out. "Wouldyougoonadatewithme?"
The pair looked at each other wide eyed. Tyr because he just asked his friend out on a date and Flynn because he thought he was hearing thing. With a heart similar to a hummingbird's wings, he asked, "What?"
"Would you go on a date with me?" Tyr asked slower, almost as if he had to physically push the words out.
"When?"
"Tomorrow?"
"Where?"
"I don't know." Tyr looked scared, fearing Flynn would reject him.
"Sure."
It took Tyr a moment to process Flynn's acceptance. The moment the word's clicked, Tyr's face lit and a smile spread across his lips; dimples and all. "Awesome. Um, I'll call you to let you know what we're doing. Yeah, so ah see you later today" Tyr dipped his head down as he pulled the door open.
Figuring hey, Tyr put his heart out on the line, why can't I? Flynn called to Tyr as he was half in and out the door. Tyr turned just in time for Flynn to kiss his cheek. His mouth hung open as Flynn whispered, "Good night."
"G-good night." Tyr's cheeks up to his ears were red as he walked out the building and to the cab that waited for him.
Flynn all but squealed when Tyr finally left. His fear of chainsaw maniacs out of his mind and long lost to the knowledge that he was going on a date with the guy he's had a crush on for a while. He was still up when Nymph finally arrived home. She was tipsy and smelt of booze and sex, but at that moment Flynn didn't care as he flung himself at her.
"Wooah." She cried as she tried to grasp what was happening.
"He asked me out!" Flynn smiled as he danced Nymph in a slow circle.
"Who asked what now?" Her brain was not functioning.
"Tyr!" He replied, pulling back to look at her. "Tyr asked me out on a date tomorrow!"
Nymph blinked a few times before breaking out into a grin. "I knew that boy could do it! Oh My God, Congrats, Flynn!!" She jumped on him and nearly broke one of his bones. "Where are you going?"
"I don't know. Neither does he. I think it was a spur of the moment thing."
"You are telling me all about it as you make me an omelette." Flynn chuckled and obliged. He recounted the entire night while he helped Nymph chase away a hangover.
♠ ♠ ♠
I debated whether or not to have Tyr tell Flynn while drunkingly making out with him or have them go on a date. I'm classy and Flynn deserves a date that isn't boring, thus this chapter was created. Hope you enjoyed