I'm Just Fine

Documents Never Signed

"It's a Surprise!" Tyr laughed as Flynn asked for the fourth time where they were going. "You're acting like a little kid."
"But I wanna Knooooow." Flynn whined because Tyr called him a little kid.
"I'm gunna get arrested for taking a 5 year old on a date." Tyr rolled his eyes at his date's antics. Flynn flashed him a grin as butterflies fluttered in his stomach. He was still having a hard time believing he was going on a date with Tyr.
"Fine, I'll switch my question." Tyr looked at him waiting for whatever Flynn had to ask. "How much longer? I'm am getting restless."
"I haven't noticed." Tyr teased. "Five minutes." Flynn started bouncing excitedly. The moment they pulled up to their destination, Flynn froze with his mouth slightly ajar. He turned his hazel eyes to Tyr and then nearly squealed in excitement. The Museum of Fine Arts was one of Flynn's favorite places to visit, although he could not go often. Maybe once a year. Tyr let out a laugh as Flynn visibly vibrated with excitement. "You coming or just going to stare at the building all day?" Flynn quickly caught up and started telling him all about the exhibits he had seen the last time he was there. He managed to talk the entire twenty minutes they waited in line. When they were up to pay, Flynn went to pay for his ticket when Tyr stopped him. "Don't worry."
"Tyr." He stared at his friend, he was well aware how much the admission cost.
While ushering his date out of line, Tyr replied, "My parents have season passes to over 23 museums, so just enjoy." Flynn gave him a shy smile before leading the way to the coat check so they didn't have to carry their coats around. Once checked in, they headed to the ancient sculptures since Tyr's one clause was 'No modern art, please.' Flynn had chuckled before leading his date to the bowels of the museum.
It was an interesting switch to watch. Flynn went from unable to contain his excitement to almost statue still. Tyr could see the love his date had for art, both painted and sculpted. He listened quietly as Flynn whispered everything he knew about either the artwork, era, or both. It was soothing for Tyr as he stood back and observed. Everything he was interested in tended to be fast paced and adrenaline inducing, while art was anything but that. He had never been one to enjoy trips such as this. Whenever his parents went to art museums, he would beg not to go. He was always bored to death and tended to get in trouble. By age 12 his parents didn't even bother trying to get him to come. They would hire a babysitter or have him spend the night at a friends house. It worked for him and his parents. But now, now he was enjoying himself. Listening to Flynn tell him about art made it so much more interesting. He really began to think about each piece instead of waiting to move on to the next.
Half way through the visit, Tyr noticed Flynn's hand twitching. He snickered quietly to himself as he purposefully brought his hand closer to his date's and watch the young man's fingers flex. Having mercy and in general wanting to hold Flynn's hand, Tyr slipped his fingers through Flynn's. Flynn stopped his rant about a Renaissance's piece and looked at Tyr startled before blushing and continuing on. They spent the rest of their visit holding hands much to both's delight.
When they came to a room where they were basically the only ones in there, Tyr commented, "You know a lot about basically every artwork in this place." They were staring at a pointillism piece that was beautiful but the thought of doing so many dots made Tyr want to cringe.
"I wanted to be a curator once." Flynn looked at Tyr with a smile. "Even into high school, but somewhere along the way I decided I wanted to help kids like me instead of making art my life. Maybe when I retire I'll become one. I think that'd be a great way to spend the rest of my life."
Tyr squeezed his hand. "I'll come and visit and wreck havoc." He changed his voice to an old grandpa voice. "Old man what is this piece? Why isn't this man's penis covered, I'm offended. Look at those boobs on that woman, she'd be top heavy. How is this art, it looks like a hand sanitize doohicky!"
Flynn started laughing as he tried to quiet his friend. "You're going to get us thrown out! Sorry." He apologized to a couple who glared at them. He looked up into sparking eyes that made him want to kiss Tyr.
"I'll behave myself. Can't have a future curator thrown out of a museum now can we?" Tyr kissed the fingers in front of his mouth before removing them. "Now," He turned Flynn to the next painting and looped his arms around the younger man's waist. "Tell me about this painting. Gotta make sure you pass the curator exam." Flynn's face lit up for the second time that day as he settled into Tyr's embrace and started talking.
Around four they picked up their coats and left the museum. Once in the car, Tyr asked, "Are you up for one more surprise or do you want to go home?"
Flynn thought about his options. Did going home entail their date was done or would they hang out there? Not wanting the possibility of ending their time together, Flynn replied, "I think I can handle one more surprise."
"Great!" Then Tyr turned mock narrow eyes at Flynn. "Are you going to act like a five year old again?"
"No." Flynn shook his head as he fixed his glasses. "I think I'm sated for now." Tyr nodded and fifteen minutes pulled into an apple farm. "Wait! We're going apple picking!?"
"You really are like a five year old. And yes, we are. They're having an apple faire to get ready for Thanksgiving."
Once out of the car, Flynn cried, "This is probably the greatest date I've ever been one!" He easily grabbed Tyr's hand as they walked to the Farm stand, well building.
"I'll just have to top it next time." Tyr chuckled at how happy Flynn. Next time? Flynn couldn't help but bite his lower lip in excitement. Tyr wanted to go on another date with him, when the hell did his life start falling into place?
The pair retrieved a basket for their apples and began walking row by row. By the time their basket was about half full, they ran into a pair of friends that were also on a date. Mal turned with a smile and a wave as Charlie plucked two large apples. They chatted for a little while before splitting up and agreeing to meet up later. The pair weaved through the trees, caught a tractor ride up one of the hills, climbed a few trees (secretly, they weren't supposed to. Shhh), and ended up with a pound and a half of apples.
As they were picking some pink lady's on a more secluded part of the orchard, Flynn grew quieter than normal. Tyr was going to leave it be, let Flynn talk when he wanted but his face showed conflict. "What's on your mind Flynn?" Tyr turned to him with some concern.
Flynn stared at him with such intensity that Tyr shifted his position. He almost didn't catch when Flynn stepped closer and whispered, "May I kiss you?"
Tyr's lips parted in surprise before matching Flynn's volume. "I won't object if you do." Seconds later he felt his dates cherry lip balm flavored lips press against his. He smiled into the kiss while Flynn pressed him into the nearby tree. His body sparked like a live wire the moment their lips met and he can't say that didn't thrill him. It had been a while since anyone caused such a reaction in him. It also surprised Tyr how much he liked Flynn taking control, he never picked himself as one liking being submissive in a relationship. He tended to be the more dominant person whether it be a long term relationship or a one time thing. You learn something new everyday.
When Flynn finally pulled away, both men panted a little as puffs of breath blew into the air. They smiled quietly to each other, not wanting the moment to end. But like all others it had to and Flynn stepped back so they could move on. Once they were done picking, they walked back to the store to buy the apples, cider, and donuts. They were walking hand in hand talking about the treats Flynn could make the apples into when they heard scoffing near them. They paused to find a couple looking at them in disgust. "Is there a problem ma'am?" Tyr asked politely.
"Couples like you are unnatural." Her face was scrunched up as if she had just eaten something rotten.
"What kind of couple are we?" Tyr asked a little too sweetly. "Cause I see us as a happy couple on a date."
"A!" She flailed a little trying to think of a complete sentence. "Two men on a date together is unnatural!"
"I don't see how." Flynn watched as Tyr politely fought with the other couple and was amused. 21st Century and people still couldn't go on dates without being judged.
Finally he grew bored and placed a hand on Tyr's arm. "I think I know what all the fuss is about." The trio stopped and looked at him. "Clearly she's jealous that I'm on a date with you and she isn't." This made the other couple fume while Tyr looked at him amused. "I mean, you are a fine specimen of a man." She started sputtering a denial as her boyfriend grew angrier.
"And he's clearly mad at me for taking you." Then he looked at the man in seriousness and pointed his finger. "But you can't have him, he's my date and I don't like sharing. I'm greedy like that."
"I don't want him!" The man bellowed.
"And why not?" Tyr asked offended. "I'm offended for you Flynn. This man doesn't want you, I don't know why? I mean look at him." Tyr got up close and person with Flynn as he started touching him. "He knows how to dress to impress. He can pull off thick rimmed glasses. He's got gorgeous hazel eyes. I men look at them!" Flynn let out a 'hey!' when Tyr flipped up his glasses to show off his hazel eyes. "Playfully curly hair that is probably amazing to run your fingers through when its longer. He can cook like he's a food god. He's caring and talented. Now sir what about my date is not to your satisfaction? Because I think he's too good to be true."
"He chooses to be gay!"
"I don't recall ever deciding that." Flynn commented. "Didn't sign anything either, I'd remember that. I'm a freak and read those."
"It's unnatural!"
"You bring that up again but it really isn't that uncommon. I mean technically we all started off as females in the early stages, so you" He looked over at the fuming woman. "Are dating a person who once was a she before his Y chromosome was activated. And quite a few animal species have homoerotic tendencies. Did you know there was a study on zebra finches and if raised by their paternal parent instead of both parents the male chicks will later search for same sex mates. It has to do with imprinting scientists believe, but it goes to show that love is love. I'm not judging you for liking woman now am I? So I think you should calm your moobs and let me and my date enjoy the rest of the night. Our friends are probably worried about us. Have a nice day. Let's go before Mal starts freaking out." He dragged Tyr a few feet away before laughing. Tyr joined in, hiding his face in the crook of Flynn's neck.
"That was brilliant!" Tyr cackled. "Now let's go find our friends before Mal really does freak out." The two headed towards the rendezvous. The two couples had a good laugh as Tyr and Flynn told Charlie and Ml bout their fun encounter.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay date! Let me know what you think
http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=134811232 - Flynn is left, Tyr is right