I'm Just Fine

Friends Holiday Together

"So Skitz, what are your plans for Thanksgiving? Are you going to your aunt's?" Nymph asked, sitting on Clark's lap and playing with his hair.
Flynn was typing away on a paper that was due the day before the holiday. Without looking up he replied, "No, not this year. Mom, dad, and my sisters are but I can't. Work scheduled me to work Wednesday and Thanksgiving morning so I can't go."
"Why the hell would they schedule you to work?" Nymph was slightly furious. It wasn't often Flynn was able to go home and here he was yet again unable to see his family. Clark rubbed her back, but it did little good.
"It was either work Thanksgiving or Christmas and I'd much rather have that holiday off than this one." His face screwed up as he read a sentence he just wrote.
"They can't wait for you to get off work before going to your aunt's?" Malia asked with a frown.
"No, my aunt lives five hours away. They're going up on Wednesday and staying until Saturday. I'll probably visit them on Sunday so I'll be able to see them at least once this break... That doesn't sound right." He mumbled the last part as he deleted the sentence and started over.
"Well, that's not fair." Nymph pouted. "I'd invite you, but mom wants 'just the family.' We probably have some higher ups coming and she wants us to look like a perfect family. Total bullshit."
"What's total bullshit?" Charlie greeted everyone as he and Tyr walked into the area everyone was hanging out at in the library.
"Skitz, isn't going home because his work scheduled him to work and his aunt lives like five hours away." Nymph replied.
"Actually, the bullshit was because Nymph can't invite Flynn to her house since her mom is entertaining people from work. Or something." Clark cleared up.
"Oh, that sucks sorry guys. Hey, Mal." Charlie kissed his girlfriend before sitting down beside her.
"I can see if you can join us." Tyr offered. "I'll be able to pick you up before we have dinner."
Flynn finally stopped what he doing and looked up startled. "You sure? I don't want to intrude."
"You won't be." Tyr waved his hand.
"Ah, um sure. As long as your parents don't mind." Flynn gave a small smile as his cheeks tinted little. Tyr smiled back as he stood to talk to his parents.

~~
Right after his shift, Flynn walked out the back to see Tyr waiting for him. The older man was playing on his phone as he leaned against his car. Flynn smiled as he walked over and stood before him. Within seconds Tyr looked up with a grin. "Ready?" Flynn nodded and leaned forward to kiss his boyfriend. Tyr hummed happily before pulling back and opening Flynn's door.
"Oh, what a gentleman." Flynn teased.
"Never say we have died out." Tyr laughed and walked over to his door. Within an hour the two young adults made it to the Morganson house. Flynn whistled at the massive house. He hadn't visited since he moved away and it was still as impressive as he remembered. Inside was bustle with people moving about. A small group of people were working in the kitchen, finishing up the turkey, sides, and desserts, while more people milled about talking and watching the Thanksgiving Day Parade.
Theresa was the first to spot the couple and exclaimed, "Flynn!" She ran over and gave him a hug. "How are you? I haven't seen you in like a month. Why do you smell like food?"
"Hey Tess." He hugged back. "I just got off work."
"Makes sense. You are too dressed up for our family's dinner." She laughed as she stepped back and looked at his black dress pants and white button up. By now most of everyone noticed the two newcomers.
Mr. Morganson stepped out of the living room and was the next to greet them. "Welcome back son. Hello Flynn, glad you could join us." He shook Flynn's hand firmly. Flynn always liked him.
"Thank you for having me." His left hand started tapping his thigh as more and more family members stared at him.
"How rude, please come in. It's still fall out there and much warmer in here." Tyr's father laughed and ushered the two boys in. "Do you want anything? Water, soda, apple cider..."
"I'm okay for now, I would like to change though."
"We'll be back in a minute." Tyr smiled and steered Flynn to his room even though the younger remembered where it was. Once inside the room, Tyr suddenly grew self-conscious.
Flynn's eyes roamed the room, comparing it to his memory. "Definitely not a boy's room anymore." He teased. Remembered when it was covered in Lego's, dinosaurs, and different games. Now it had three bookshelves filled with different books, a desk with a computer and various other things, a decent sized TV and gaming systems, video games, a dresser with different types of cologne, and the sheets were now a solid color with a plaid comforter.
"We all grow up at some point." Tyr shrugged.
"Except when it comes to my drawings?" Flynn chuckled as he walked over to a pile of his grade school doodles and pictures. "I can't believe you kept these." He slowly went through them. "Damn, these pictures are so child like."
"You were a child Flynn. And of course I'd keep them. My best friend drew them for me, I wouldn't throw them away."
"Even when he disappeared without a word?" Flynn's voiced dropped to a whisper, still feeling guilty about never saying anything.
Tyr wrapped his arms around Flynn's waist. "Even then." Then kissed his neck.
"As much as I'd like to continue this, I do need to change."
"I can help with that."
"Mmmm tempting, but I also need to pee and I like to do that in private."
"Fiiiiine, if you must." Tyr laughed, gave Flynn one last kiss on the neck, and detached himself. Flynn smiled at him before walking into the bathroom to change and emptying his bladder. When he walked out he was in dark washed jeans, a burgundy Henley with a plaid button up over it. He fixed his glassed and smiled when he saw Tyr reading a book from his desk. Tyr's eyes raised, "Ready?"
"I suppose we should head downstairs where the real party is." Tyr chuckled as he took Flynn's hand and they walked to the living room. Flynn met most of the family as they sat in the living room where most had congregated. Flynn mostly talked to Theresa and her boyfriend Chris who was joining them since his parents had to work. Chris was on the varsity soccer team and was lucky enough not to have a game. Around 3:30, everyone was called into the living room to eat. Flynn sat between Connor and Tyr and waited patiently as the food was passed around the table and a prayer was said. It was quiet for the first five minutes as everyone dug into their long awaited meal. Slowly conversations started as bellies started to fill and the rush to eat diminished.
It was halfway through the meal when Tyr's Uncle addressed the two young adults. "So who are you young man? I have never seen you before and I have met most of Tyr's friends."
Flynn looked up and replied politely. "Flynn Tempest, sir."
"When did you two meet?"
"We were best friends in grade school, Uncle Dave." Tyr replied with some apprehension. His uncle tended to cause trouble, well his uncle's family.
Uncle Dave frowned, "Why have I never met him then?"
"I moved when I went to high school and we lost touch. We became friends again last year when we discovered we went to the same college." Flynn replied.
"What are you majoring in?"
"Psychology. I'd like to become a psychologist for teens with mental disorders."
"Why that type? They can be dangerous."
"It can be, but some of my friends have inspired me to do so." Flynn left out the part about him being diagnosed because he didn't need these people to judge him more than they were doing. He felt Tyr's hand slip into his and give it a reassuring squeeze.
"Are you dating anyone?" Uncle Dave's wife Candace asked with cold judgmental eyes.
"Yes."
Before anyone could ask, Tyr said, "Me. We're dating."
The table went quiet until Connor exclaimed, "When did this happen?"
"Couple weeks ago dummy." Theresa snorted.
"Why didn't anyone tell me?" He threw his arms up in frustration.
"I thought Tyr would tell you." Ryan replied with a shrugged.
"I assumed either one of your brothers would have." Theresa defended.
"Weren't you there when I announced it?" Tyr looked at Connor perplexed.
"He was at the retreat for rugby. Team bonding or something."
Tyr was about to comment when his aunt Muttered loudly, "What a disgrace." Once again the table went quiet and stared at the woman.
"What is, Aunt Cadence?" Tyr's voice grew tight.
"Homosexuals. When will both of you get out of that phase?" She rolled her eyes in disgust.
Before Tyr could blow a gasket, Flynn commented, "I never will. Not that it's a choice or anything, but I have never once felt attracted to a female."
"You just haven't met the right one then or one pretty enough."
Wooow. Flynn thought before voicing, "I don't know, I have three... four very close female friends and they are all very attractive if I do say so myself." Connor, Ryan, Theresa, and Tyr all nodded in agreement. "I've even kissed a few girls but it was liking kissing my sisters." An evil grin spread across his lips as he stated, "Deep voices, facial hair, muscle, and external reproductive organs just get my blood pumping. Don't you feel the same way?" Tyr's eyes shot to his boyfriend while Aunt Cadence nearly choked on her own spit.
"It's unnatural for a man to feel attracted to another man! You need to stop filling my nephews head with impure thoughts!"
"He's a male, studies show impure thoughts are part of being a male. Sex is a constant stream of subconsciousness. And I'm not making him do anything, he's the one who asked me out. It was adorable, he stuttered." Finally Flynn looked at Tyr with a soft smile. Tyr wanted to be mad at Flynn for purposefully egging his aunt on, but he couldn't. If anything, it turned him on that Flynn was being assertive. He definitely wasn't the boy he knew from his childhood.
"You harlot!" She nearly knocked her chair down when she stood.
"I take offense to that." Tyr could see the sheer amusement in Flynn's eyes as he toyed with his aunt. "I am neither a female prostitute nor a male lecher. I am quite independent and don't need a man to support me. Nor my parents really. Love them, but I can support myself for the most part."
"They must be ashamed to have a fag like you! Corrupting other men to be like you!"
"Cadence!" Tyr's father and mother both roared.
"Actually, they're happy for me. For a while they thought I was asexual, not that they would have cared if I was but they'd like for me to continue the Tempest name and/or pass on my genes. I think I have pretty fabulous genes. My sisters are adorable and the sweetest things in the world. And I'm told I'm not that bad either." Replied Flynn.
"Besides, Flynn didn't corrupt me. I've been Bi since I was old enough to know what liking another human being was other than a friend. I've had quite a few male and female dates.... not at the same time though, cheating's dumb." Tyr crossed his arms in annoyance.
"Good to know. I don't like cheating either." Flynn looked at Tyr with a small grin.
"Closed relationship right? As you know I don't like sharing."
"Of course, I'm quite greedy too."
"Oh my gawd, you too just gave me a cavity!" Theresa complained dramatically, easing some of the tension.
"Cadence, please sit down. Leave the boys alone or I will ask you to leave." Mr. Morganson looked at his sister with serious eyes and a stony face.
Cadence raised her chin and stated, "Come, we're leaving this heathen house."
Her son looked down at his half eaten plate and muttered, "But I haven't finished."
"I don't care, you are not going to be corrupted by these... people. We're leaving." She turned on her heels and left the room. Uncle Dave and their son quickly followed, the younger looking devastated.
Flynn watched as the family stormed off and leaned in to Tyr. "I didn't ruin Thanksgiving did I?" Tyr could hear the anxiety in his voice.
"Naw, don't worry. They always cause a scene." Tyr took Flynn's hand once again and stroked it with his hand.
Once the extended family left and Mr. Morganson returned to his seat, Tyr's grandfather on his mother's side called to his grandson. "Tyr, I like this one. He's a keeper." Both young men looked startled before the table crumbled into laughing
After dinner, everyone retired to the living room to watch a football game. It was five minutes to halftime when the doorbell rang. Confused, Tyr went to the door to see who it was; they weren't expecting anyone. To his surprise he found a very pissed off Nymph, growling as she muttered to herself. "Ah, Flynn? I think its for you!"
"What do you-" Flynn stopped where he was. "Nymph?"
"They are the worst people in the FU-" Flynn shoved his hand over her mouth before the swear could come out.
"Another person's house Nymph, no swearing." Flynn scolded.
Once he removed his hand she huffed. "Sorry and sorry for crashing but I couldn't stay at that dam- stupid house anymore." She started pacing. "The moment I got there everything went to hell!"
"Why don't we talk in my room. Mom! We have another guest." His parents appeared near the entrance. "You remember Nymph."
His mother gave a forced smile. "Hello, Nymph. Welcome to our house."
"Thank you. Sorry for crashing, my parents and I had a fight and I didn't know where else to go." Her face fell a little, feeling rude for showing up without giving some heads up. "I would have warned you a head of time but I sort of left my phone at my parent's."
"It's okay dear, come in. We'll be having dessert in a little while." Tyr father nodded.
Nymph's face lit up. "Thanks!"
"We're going to my room for a little while. We'll be down soon." Tyr told his parents as he began guiding Nymph through his house. He gave quick introductions as the small group passed the living room. The moment they stepped into the bedroom, Nymph started ranting and raving about her parents and the epic fail that was the holiday.
"Did you seriously wear that to dinner?" Flynn asked, referring to her outfit that consisted of a form fitting strapless corset, a mini skirt she couldn't bend in, fishnet knee highs, and spiked heels.
She looked down and replied, "Yeah, but only to spite my parents. I was going to wear jeans and a nice top, but they pissed me off so much. Then whoever was sitting next to me tried to feel me up and my parents blamed me for being over dramatic. I got yelled at and embarrassed in front of people I didn't know and they defended some sleaze bag for feeling up their daughter. Who the fuck does that?" No one replied as she flopped on the bed and her eyes watered. They let her cry quietly before Flynn sat her up.
"Alright Nymph, time to put on a happy face and eat some dessert. Tyr's mom makes the best pies ever. It's like biting into a piece of heaven and having the best orgasm you have ever had all at once." Flynn smiled.
"They better be that good or I might beat you." She narrowed her eyes mockingly.
"Oh it will be. But first you need to change or you might give a few people down there a heart attack. You can borrow some of my clothes."
"Or I can see if Theresa will let you borrow some of hers. You two should be roughly the same size." Tyr offered.
"I'll look into Flynn's clothes first, I'm not a fan of wearing other people's clothes." She waited as Flynn offered her his plaid shirt and a pair of skinny jeans he brought.
"Wait, you brought skinny jeans and I don't get to see your ass in them?" Tyr whined.
Flynn snorted. "Next time. We have all year, I do own them after all."
"Can't wait." Tyr growled in his ear and he nipped Flynn's neck.
"Get a room!" Nymph cried as she walked into the bathroom to change.
"I am in a room!" Tyr laughed, leaving his arms around Flynn
"And how many times have I caught you doing far worse than getting kissed on the neck?" Flynn inquired when his friend walked out in a set of his clothes.
"Too man, but I have a feeling we'll even out soon enough." She smirked, placing her clothes down near Flynn's things. Her eyes roamed over Flynn's body, causing him to squirm. "I keep forgetting how in shape you really are. You should wear more shirts like that without the extra layer."
"I agree." Tyr nodded and laughed when Flynn angled his head down to cover his shyness. The Henley he was wearing was more formfitting than most of his others. It hugged his body as if another skin and showed off quite a bit of his toned body.
"Can we just go down now before I become too self-conscious." His friends laughed and the trio walked down and rejoined Tyr's family.
♠ ♠ ♠
The annoying one was supposed to be the uncle but somehow his wife became the homophobic one. Stories man, stories. There will be far fewer scenes like this, so rejoice!

I thought of Nymph when I hear this