I'm Just Fine

Thou Shalt Not Steal From Friends

Tyr waited patiently at the table he and Flynn agreed to meet at. There was still five minutes before their meeting time, but Tyr couldn't help but find himself nervous. Deciding to put his nervous energy to use, he got up and started looking through the stacks for books. It took a little while, but he eventually found some psychology books that were from this decade. Their school really needed to buy new books... When he returned, Flynn was finishing putting his things on the table. "Hey." Tyr greeted, putting the three books on the table.
Flynn's hazel eyes looked up at him startled, "Hi." They shifted down to the books between them. "Waiting here long?"
"Not really." Tyr shrugged. "Thought I'd start looking for books since our library is terrible."
"I've noticed." Flynn snorted. He started flipping through the book. "Do you want to split it up? We can work together, but it'll make it easier to research outside of our meetings."
"Makes sense to me." Tyr looked at the paper the teacher handed out. "What do you want to research?" He looked up just in time to see Flynn's eyes flick to his left and smirk. But it was gone quickly and he questioned whether or not he actually saw the look.
"I don't really mind which I do. We can do every other one. I'll take the overview of the disorder which will include the age brackets, and the treatments. If we find interesting facts, we can include it in the paper. You okay with symptoms, and tests/diagnoses?" Tyr nodded. "For our famous person, I was thinking Dr. Nash since so many of us have probably seen or heard of A Beautiful Mind. But I don't know anyone else. We can look up a person now or later."
Tyr sat back and thought, "I'm fine with my research and I'm cool with Dr. Nash. We'll look up other people another day, I'd like to get some of the rigorous research of the actual disorder out of the way now than later."
"Sounds good to me." The two fell into a slightly awkward silence as they worked. Tyr looked up a few times to see Flynn writing notes without a book or his computer open.
He tapped his foot holding back questions that have been bothering him. Finally, he asked, "Have you done a project on this before?"
"Kind of. Nothing formal." Flynn replied before putting his pen down. He dipped his hand into his pocket to pull out his phone. He flipped it open and greeted, "Hey Nymph... I'm working on a project- No... Okay, I'll see you at home. Will we be alone tonight?... Okay, later Love." He snapped it shut and replaced it in his pocket. "Sorry about that. How's your research going?"
"Okay, I never realized how diverse each case is."
"Yeah, no two cases are a like."
Tyr went to comment on the strangeness of Flynn's answer when his alarm went off. "Shit, sorry. I have to go. Coach is making us have another practice."
"No problem. See you in class." Tyr waved after packing up his things and left.
The following week on Monday, Flynn was the first to sit at the table. He unpacked and flipped his computer on. He found this project to be easy and yet unnerving a the same time. Tyr arrived on time, greeted Flynn, and got to work. Half an hour into their research, Nymph arrived.
"Skitz, you did not do your friend justice!" She sauntered in, bypassed Flynn and stuck out her hand to Tyr. Tyr looked up at her surprise. "Hello gorgeous. I am Nymph, Skitz's beautiful and best friend in the whole world. Though I must say, you are close in the running."
"Ah, hi. I'm Tyr Morgenson."
Nymph gave him a feline smile as she slipped out her hand and walked around him. Tyr froze when she slid her hands down his chest and then hugged him, head resting on his shoulder. "You are awfully mean, love. We tell each other everything and yet you did not dish out any important details about your friend."
"I do believe I did tell you quite a bit. And it's nice to see you too, Nymph." Flynn looked up from his computer and smiled.
"Right back at you, Skitz." She winked.
"Skitz?" Tyr asked confused. He had originally thought that Nymph was Flynn's girlfriend, but their interaction said differently.
"Oh, that's from our time in the-"
"In high school." Flynn cut Nymph off and gave her a warning look. "What are you doing here, Nymph? You never come to the library."
"I'm bored." She pouted. "And I knew you would be here. Besides," She began running her hands down his chest again and to his thighs.
"Nymph." Flynn warned.
"What? I'm just being friendly. Any friend of Skitz, is a friend of mine." She purred before standing up straight and beginning to saunter away. "Well, you two are more boring than what I was doing. Have fun." She waved and started off.
"Nymphadora." Flynn turned to her as she whipped around with a glare.
"Flynn, you know I hate my full name." She growled.
He held out his hand unfazed, "Return them now. You know I hate when you take from me and mine." Tyr looked confused between them.
Then Nymph sighed and walked over like it was the most troublesome thing in the world. "Fine. You win. You always win." She started emptying her pockets. "So what's your project on anyway?" Tyr watched in horror as she took out his keys, watch, pencil, $30, and his flashdrive from her pockets and placed them on the table.
"We have to do a presentation and paper on Schizophrenia remember." Flynn looked at her carefully.
She stared at him a moment and burst into laughter, "I love hearing you say that." She swung herself into his lap, arms wrapping around his shoulders. "Too bad it isn't kleptomania, you could have interviewed me. I coulda come in. That that would have given you extra credit. Sorry by the way." She smiled apologetically at Tyr. "Some impulses can't be tamed. Especially others if you know what I mean." she winked at him and hopped up. "Well it's been fun. You should come over some time. I'd love to hear stories of when Skitz here was little. Bye hun, see you at home." She skipped off, giving a wink to a few people along the way.
Flynn ran a hand through his curls, "Sorry 'bout that. Nymph, is well a unique kind of person and doesn't know the words personal space. Are you okay?"
It took Tyr a minute to speak, "My head's too confused to answer that. I don't really care that she um.. groped me, I'm a man and she's a very beautiful young woman." Flynn nodded, couldn't argue with that. Not that Nymph would agree. "What I'm pissed about is that she pocketed my things and was going to walk away with them."
"I wouldn't have let her. Case and point, I didn't." Flynn weakly defended.
Tyr glared, "And if you hadn't? How many people has she stolen from?"
Flynn shrugged, "She's getting better."
"She's... What? Why are you defending her?" Tyr shouted.
"Because she can't necessarily help it." Flynn sighed, it's hard for other people to understand what it's like to be them. "She wasn't being funny when she said she was a klepto because she is. She goes to counseling... has been for years. She's better but she's gunna do it. I do my best to stop her but..." He shrugged, he was doing his best.
Tyr noticed him doodling and sighed, "Can you ask her not to steal from me or I don't think I'll be able to come over if she's there. I know she's important to you and I'm glad you have friends," Flynn could hear the 'who are real' in Tyr's voice. "But I wouldn't relax if I thought she was going to steal."
"I'll talk to her." Then Flynn cocked his head, "You want to come over?"
"Sure, I mean if you don't mind." Tyr's smiled.
Flynn blushed, "No, of course. I don't mind, I mean. You're welcome whenever, just ah be forewarned. If you randomly pop over there's a good chance Nymph may only be in her underwear... or less. She doesn't like wearing clothes when she's hanging around the house."
"I'll give proper forewarning." Tyr chuckled. He watched as Flynn visibly relaxed once again. "Well, it's been an interesting time, but I gotta head out. I'll see you later, Flynn. Or should I call you Skitz?"
"Please, Flynn. I'm not a fan of that nickname but Nymph and Marty think it's hilarious." He shook his head. "I'll see you later, Tyr." Tyr smiled before leaving. Flynn let his head fall onto the table and sighed. Life once again got complicated.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tyr's about to meet all of Flynn's friends. Yay! Let the fun commence.