Military Husband

Military Husband

Perrentes – Military Husband

Tony’s P.O.V

It’d been 12 months. 12 agonising months since I’d last seen my husband, Mike Fuentes.

He’d been stationed in Afghanistan.

My heart skill breaks slightly whenever I think about the day he left. Seeing him board that plane, dressed in his uniform.

Every time I hear the phone ring and a knock at the door, I begin to panic. My mind races, he’s hurt, he’s dead.

Brushing away a stray tear that escaped my eye, I looked over at a picture frame that held a picture of me Mike on our wedding day, 3 weeks before he was deployed.

His arms wrapped tightly around my waist, my head resting on his shoulder. Everything about that moment was perfect.

Poppy came over, placing her head on my lap. I smiled at her, stroking her head softly.

‘I know girl, I miss him too.’ I told her.

I wonder what Mike was doing right now. If he was thinking about me and Poppy, and our friends.

More importantly, I wondered when he’d actually be home.

I’d sent numerous letters, but very rarely got anything back from him.

What if he’d forgotten about me? Or worse, was lay in a ditch somewhere, missing.

My mind began to race, tears beginning to pour from my eyes.

The sound of rattling keys outside filled the room.

It was probably Vic coming to check on me again, he’d been doing that a lot recently.

The door opened and I hear footsteps approaching, ‘Hey Vic, heard anything from Mike recently?’

I heard a low chuckle from behind me.

Wait, that’s not Vic…

‘Nothing yet.’

It couldn’t be…could it?

I spun around, and came face to face with me tall, skinny, slightly more tanned, shaved headed husband, Michael Fuentes.

More tears escaped from my eyes, however, no longer tears of sorrow. I threw myself of the sofa and my body collided with Mike’s, wrapping my arms tightly around his neck, sobbing into his chest.

‘I-I thought you-you’d forgotten about me.’ I managed to say through my bawling.

Mike rubbed my back in circles lovingly, burying his face into my neck.

‘I know, baby, I’m sorry I got you so worried.’ He said, pressing a kiss on top of my head.

‘All that matters is that you’re home safe.’ I smiled up at him, pressing a short, but passionate kiss on his lips.

God, how I’ve missed his kisses.

I could feel something tugging at my leg. Looking down, I could see I wasn’t the only one happy to see Mike. Poppy was jumping around begging to be petted by Mike.

‘Looks like someone else is happy to see you.’ I giggled, wiping away a few stray tears.

Mike chuckled, picking Poppy up and making a fuss of her before turning to me once more.

‘I love you.’ He smiled, pulling me towards him again, pressing another kiss on my lips.

‘I love you too.’ I said, pulling away slightly.

He’s finally home.
♠ ♠ ♠
First Perrentes oneshot :3 I'M TAKING ANY BAND SHIP FANFIC REQUESTS! MESSAGE ME ANY REQUESTS, ANY RATING :)