Sequel: Fallen Embers

The Fire

The Surprise

On the day of the 21st the phone rang in the Armstrong household. 10 year old Joey answered it.

"Hello?" the boy spoke.

"Hi, this is Sabrina, is your Dad there Joey?"

"Yea... hold on, lemme get him." Sabrina laughed when she heard the boy scream "DAAAAAAAAAAD, telephone. It's Sabrina."

"I got it Joey, you can hang up now."

"K Dad, bye Sabrina."

"Bye Joey, Hi Billie Joe, how are you?"

"Fine, but why are you calling me? Is Tre not around?" Billie Joe chuckled.

"Oh, I already spoke with him. I called to ask you a question. Christmas is coming up and I have no clue what to get Tre," Sabrina confessed.

There was silence as Billie Joe thought about what answer to give. "Well I think honestly all he would want for Christmas is to see you. That would be the best gift to give him. You under his tree with nothing but a red bow on," snorted Billie Joe.

"Good lord, you are almost as bad as he is," The woman exclaimed. "You have been hanging out with him way too long."

Billie Joe laughed, "Really Sabrina, he's miserable without you. He was so unhappy in Australia without you. I mean he was great for the fans and the shows, but when we were just by ourselves he was quiet and that's not normal Tre."

"Geez, Billie Joe, I'm sorry," apologized Sabrina, "I wish I could have been there, I know he wanted me to go. I just couldn't get away."

"Well can you get away for a day or two to visit everyone?"

"Well, I don't know. I suppose I could for a day. Fly in early and fly back late that night."

"Does it matter what day?"

"No, I can do any day."

"Good than it's settled, you're coming out for Christmas Dinner at our house."

"Wait, what?"

"Christmas dinner at our house, everyone comes over and we exchange presents, and then we eat, and then we talk and jam for the rest of the night. Everybody in the band comes over with their kids. Even the ex-wives come over since we all are friends anyway. Lisea and Ramona will even be there. Dinner is at 5:30pm but everyone gets there around 4pm to exchange presents and talk before hand."

"Are you sure, I don't want to intrude on your family holidays."

"Are you kidding, you are part of the family, besides that Adie would kill me if I didn't invite you."

"Okay, I'll come but you can't tell anyone only Adie. I want to surprise Tre."

"Deal, hell you're too easy to convince."

"I know... I'm a sucker for family dinners, I miss them. Oh, if I am coming then I need to know who exactly will be there because I am not coming empty handed. I miss shopping for lots of people for Christmas. It's been awhile since I have done that."

Sabrina and Billie exchanged information about the trip and soon Sabrina hung up satisfied with the plans that were made. She grabbed her purse and jacket to go shopping for her new friends' presents.