Sequel: Fallen Embers

The Fire

Truth or Dare?

Mike looked at Sabrina out of the corner of his eyes. She seemed happy that the conversation focus was off of her and onto the others. He watched as Tre snuck his hand under the table to grab hers. The pair turned to each other and smile. Mike's heart caught in his throat at the pair looking at each other and realized that they were in love. The tall man smiled to himself at his friend's good luck in finding love with the older woman. 'They make a great pair,' Mike thought to himself. 'They love each other so much in such a short amount of time. I wonder if they realize what's happening.'

Sabrina felt Tre's hand clasp her own and the pressure of him squeezing it. She turned toward him and smiled. She was rewarded with a smile from him. As she looked at him looking at her, she started to get lost in his twinkling blue eyes. She felt her heart swell with love. She thought that she had loved men before Tre, but those times paled in comparison with what she feeling at this moment. Her eyes widen in surprise at what she was thinking. Sabrina looked again at Tre and her smile somehow got even bigger.

Tre felt like Sabrina needed something from him, so he moved his hand until it reached hers. He entwined his fingers through hers and squeezed. At the pressure of the squeeze she turned to look at him. When she looked into his eyes, he felt as though they were the only two people in the room. When she smiled, he heart leapt into his throat. 'I've fallen in love with her,' the drummer thought. 'All I want to have her with me forever. I don't ever want to leave her side.' He smiled back to the woman he loved and was rewarded with her smiling face.

After dinner was finished and the table cleared and dishes done, the adults retired to the basement where Billie Joe had a band room set up. There were a number of couches and assorted chairs along with a bar complete with various liquors and beers. There was a full band setup complete with keyboards sat up at the end of the room. It was prefect for having everyone over to jam.

People grabbed what they wanted from the bar and while the women sat down the men grabbed instruments. "Oh no, Sabrina, you are not getting away that easily," Billie Joe snickered. He handed Sabrina a Gibson guitar, but she shook her head and grabbed a Fender from off the wall. She threw the strap over her head and walked over to turn on the amps and play with the pedals to get the sound she wanted.

After strumming a few power chords, she was satisfied with the sound. She looked at Tre, Mike, and Billie Joe and with an evil smile and a twinkle in her eye she shouted "Follow me if you can boys!" Upon saying that she started the beginning notes of Ozzy Osbourne's 'Crazy Train'. The guys laughed and came in at the proper place and they started the night of jamming.

They played for over 2 hours, playing everything from Green Day songs to their own favorite cover tunes. Sabrina played for them a couple of her own songs acoustically, including the one she wrote earlier in March. Finally they went through everything and ended with a loud crash of chords, and cymbals. The musicians were laughing as they made their way to the couches where the women sat watching the show.

"Let's play 'Truth or Dare," Tre giggled. He looked at Mike and hollered "Truth or Dare Mikey?"

"Fuck... I am smarter than take a dare from you Tre," Mike laughed. "Truth, you asshole."

"Damn," said the smaller man. "Umm lemme think, the weirdest place you have had sex?"

With that question a rousing game had been started. Some dares were given, but mostly truths in the beginning. Sabrina had just chosen a truth from Billie Joe and she answered so she was thinking of her response.

"Yes, I was given stripping lessons. It was 1987 and Nikki Sixx and I were engaged. Motley Crue had just dropped 'Girls, Girls, Girls' and Vince had just met his next ex-wife at the Tropicana Strip Club. We all went there one night and I wanted to shock Sixx a little. I went onto the stage and had all the girls show me how to strip and use the pole. I didn't take off my clothes but I was able to bump and grind with the girls. The look on Sixx's face was priceless."

Tre groaned as hearing that truth. "Oh my god Sabrina, you have never danced for me?" he whined. "Dance for me, I'll keep you over employed" he sang to her. Everyone laughed at the wild drummer singing the Motley Crue song and was dancing in front of Sabrina.

The games continued as the groups laughed and giggled at what truths were being said and what dares were being done. It was Adie's turn and she looked at Sabrina and asked "Truth or Dare?"

"Truth please," Sabrina responded.

"Do you ever think you'll get married?"

Sabrina stopped and looked at Adie to think before answering. "I hope so, I still hold on to the marriage and kids dream. BUT it will be no engagement period or ring. It will be 'You wanna get married', and then go to Vegas and do it. I have been engaged 3 different times and relationships were fine until the ring went on my finger and soon each one crashed and burned."

Tre listened with his head cocked to the side and took in what Sabrina was saying. He filed the information away in his brain for another time. The game continued and soon Mike looked at Sabrina and asked the question. With her response he asked her "What is the kinkiest thing you have ever done sexually?"

Sabrina groaned, "You'll have to define 'kinky' because what is kinky to you may not be kinky to me. But without the redefining, I'll answer you. More than likely the dungeon in San Francisco that Sixx took me to is one of the kinkiest things I have done. You have heard of the saying, 'Sticks and stones may break my bones but whips and chains excite me'. I am a true kink at heart."

Now it was Tre's turn to groan. "You mean to tell me that sex with you can get even better? I think I died and gone to heaven."

Sabrina smacked the drummer and he yowled "No don't tease me." The woman rolled her eyes as she continued the game. Quickly though the game came to Tre who took a dare from Billie Joe and had to french kiss a surprised Mike Dirnt. Tre sat back down and looked at Sabrina. "TRUTH or dare? Do you want TRUUUUUTH or dare?" he asked with his eyes gleaming.

Sabrina laughed as she heard Tre enunciate the word 'Truth'. "I guess you want me to pick truth Tre, so I will," she giggled.

Tre looked at Sabrina and with all seriousness asked her quietly, "Will you marry me?"

"Wait, what?" Sabrina cried out, as everyone turned to look at the two of them. "What did you say?"

"I said," Tre said quietly, "Will you marry me?"

Sabrina just stood there staring at the man show stole her heart within a few short weeks. She knew that she loved this man, with all her heart. She knew that she didn't want anything more than to live together with this man until they grew old. Her mind drifted and she saw a vision of her and him, walking along the path that went around the pond at her home in New York. They were older and wrinkled but their blue eyes still shone bright within the folds and creases of their faces. They were walking hand and hand, she was leaning into him. She saw his smile as he felt her weight against him. She brought herself back into the present and turned to face Tre.

"Yes," she answered quietly.