Sequel: Fallen Embers

The Fire

Watch and Learn Grasshopper

Everyone started talking at once. Mike and Billie Joe were slapping Tre in the back congratulating Tre. The girls however were talking to Sabrina to find out why she would do such a thing. Finally Adie decided to be the 'voice of reason'.

"Okay this is all well and good but how do you propose to get to Vegas?" she asked the two.

Tre looked at Sabrina and his face fell. "Shit, I didn't think of that."

"Watch and learn grasshopper," Sabrina replied as she raised an eyebrow at her future husband. She deftly flipped open her phone and scrolled through her numbers. She found the number she was looking for and hit the speakerphone while she dialed the number. There were two rings before a woman's voice answered.

"Good evening Miss Sanders, my name is Judy, how may I be of service to you tonight?"

"Hi Judy, I need the jet fueled and ready to go to Vegas and back. How soon can things be ready?"

"Within 30 minutes Miss Sanders. How many people will be flying with you tonight?

Sabrina did a quick head count, "10 total Judy."

"Okay Miss Sanders I have the flight plan of 10 people from Oakland International to Las Vegas and back. A limo will be waiting at the airport to drive you around town also. Will that be all tonight?"

"Yes, Judy. Thank you and have a great night."

"Thank you Miss Sanders enjoy Las Vegas."

Sabrina closed the phone with a click and looked at the group of people looking at her. Tre smiled at his wife to be. "Wow, how did you do that?" he asked her

"Easy, I flew on my jet here today and it's sitting at the airport waiting for me. I just call a number and the representative picks a pilot to fly me wherever. They do all the arrangements for my travel," Sabrina explained to the group. "It's one of the perks of having your own jet."

Adie tried again, "What about rings? You need wedding rings if you are to get married."

Sabrina reached into her shirt and pulled out the necklace that she had been wearing that night. A thin silver chain was in her hand and on that chain was two silver bands; a man's and a woman's. "These were my mom's and dad's wedding bands. When dad got sick, he gave mom his ring to give to me when I was older. After he died, my mom put their bands on this necklace and gave it to me. I wear the necklace on holidays and special occasions. It helps me remember them and makes me feel like they are still a part of my life, like they are right there next to me."

Adie gasped and Sabrina looked at her. "I am a true believer of 'everything happens for a reason.' Whether it is destiny, karma, kismet, god, or mother earth pulling the strings, everything happens for a reason and things are meant to be. It's hard to explain, but this is where I am supposed to be. I feel it in my core. I just can't explain it; it's just something I feel, and for the first time in my life, it feels right."

Tre walked over to Sabrina and pulled her into his arms. "I know what you mean Sabrina; I can't explain it either, it just feels right to do this." He turned to look at his friends, or rather his family. "I know this seems weird and kooky, but it feels right and I hope that you will support us in this decision we have made."

Billie Joe was the first to speak. "Okay Tre, I think that I speak for everyone and say, that you are happy, that is what counts. If getting married makes you happy then we will all support you and Sabrina."

"Thanks brother, that means a lot to me," Tre said while hugging the singer.

After calling Billie Joe's mother to come and watch the kids, they all got into cars and drove to the airport where Sabrina's jet waited to take them to Las Vegas. They all got into the plane where there was champagne and strawberries waiting for them. The next hour and a half went by quickly for the group as they drank and talked about the upcoming nuptials.

Upon landing at Las Vegas airport a stretch Expedition limo was waiting to take the group to wherever they wanted. Tre gave the driver instructions to go to City Hall to obtain a marriage license. Since it was a holiday the bureau was open 24 hours. Sabrina and Tre filled out the paperwork and showed their driver's licenses; his California one and her New York state one; and within 10 minutes, they were able to legally get married in the state of Nevada. They piled back into the car and told the driver to go to The Little White Wedding Chapel on the strip.

The SUV pulled up to the Chapel and the group entered the building. Tre and Sabrina held hands as they walked over to the counter to make arraignments to get married. The owner saw who they were and came over herself to help them. The two decided on a no frills ceremony. The group walked into the chapel and the girls took Sabrina to one side and the boys took Tre over to the other.

As Sabrina stood there she glanced over to Tre stand with his band mates. She trembled as she thought about what was going to happen. Adie had her hands in hers and felt the older woman shaking.

"Sabrina, you don't have to do this you know. It's okay, you know."

"No Adie, it's not that. I'm nervous because I'm getting married, not because I'm getting married. Everyone is nervous beforehand," the blonde explained. "I want to do this Adie." Sabrina turned to Lisea, "Will you please take the photographs Lisea?" Tre's ex-wife nodded in agreement since she already had her camera out and filled with a fresh roll of film.

On the other side of the room, the boys were talking about something else entirely. Tre was fidgeting and Billie and Mike were trying to calm him down.

"Tre man, calm down," Mike said. "I don't remember you being this nervous before you married ether Lisea or Claudia."

"Are you sure that you want to go through with this?" Billie Joe asked. "Man if anything happens, with no pre-nup then she can take you to the cleaners."

Tre stopped fidgeting and looked at the lead singer. "Billie, if anything happens, Sabrina has MUCH more to lose, than I do."