Sequel: Fallen Embers

The Fire

Please Repeat the Following Words...

The official called Sabrina and Tre to the front to the chapel. The two walked to the front and stood in front of the official. Both of them were nervous and twitchy. They looked at each other and smiled.

"Please join hands."

When Tre took Sabrina's hand, all the nerves and jitters left her body in a rush that left her breathless. She looked into his bright blue eyes and found her soul mate looking back at her. She knew that she never wanted to leave his side ever. She smiled at him and brought his hand up to her mouth for a kiss.

Tre reached for her hand and gently grasped it. The anxiety was gone in a heartbeat. He was left with a feeling that was calm and serene. He looked up and saw she was looking at him. He smiled as she brought his hand up to her mouth to kiss it. Tre knew in his heart that this was the only woman to spend the rest of his life with.

The official glanced at Tre, "Please repeat after me the following..."

Tre looked into Sabrina's eyes as he spoke the words that would bind her to him forever in his heart.

"I, Frank Edwin Wright III, take you; Sabrina Danielle Sanders, to be my lawfully wedded wife. Confident in my heart that you will be a faithful friend, and a true and loving companion. On this special day, in the presence of God and our friends as witnesses, I give to you my sacred vow that as your husband. I will always be with you and support you in times of sickness and in times of health, in times of joy and in times of sorrow. I promise to love you completely, to console and comfort you during difficult times, to respect you and to protect you from harm, to honor you and to provide for your well-being, to be truthful and honest with you and to cherish you for as long as we both shall live."

By the time he had finished speaking, he was crying. He took her hands and kissed them, "I love you Sabrina and thank you for choosing me," he whispered. He watched as the tears fell from her eyes.

The official turned to Sabrina "Please repeat the following words..."

"I, Sabrina Danielle Sanders, take you; Frank Edwin Wright III or should I say Tre Cool," she said with a smile and a wink, "To be my lawfully wedded husband. Knowing in my heart that you will be a faithful friend and a steadfast and loving companion. On this special day, in the presence of God and our friends as witnesses, I give to you my sacred vow that as your wife. I will always be with you and support you in times of sickness and in times of health, in times of joy and in times of sorrow. I promise to love you completely to console and comfort you during difficult times, to encourage you to achieve your full potential, to laugh with you and to grieve with you, to share with you life's simplest but most enduring pleasures, to be truthful and honest with you, and to cherish you for as long as we both shall live."

Sabrina took a deep breath, "I love you Tre, from that first night we spent together as we slow danced in the room, I got lost in your eyes and I knew that you were the one." She looked up at him and was rewarded with a smile and a wink.

"May I have the rings please?"

Mike dug into his inner coat pocket and pulled out the necklace with the two bands on it. He unclasped the necklace and slipped the silver rings into his hand. He passed them over to the official who took them. She placed the woman's ring into Tre opened hand. "Please repeat after me again..."

Tre slipped the ring onto Sabrina's left ring finger and whispered, "With this ring I thee wed."

Sabrina looked at her mother's wedding band sitting on her own finger. She swallowed back the lump in her throat and closed her eyes. She saw her mother in her mind's eye smiling at her. 'I know I am doing the right thing here,' Sabrina though to herself.

The official asked Sabrina to open her hand and placed the ring onto Sabrina's open palm. Sabrina turned towards Tre and slipped her father's wedding band onto Tre's left ring finger. "With this ring I thee wed."

"By the power invested in my by the state of Nevada, I now pronounce you man and wife. You may now kiss the bride." Tre and Sabrina looked at each other and leaned in for a kiss. The group cheered as the two kissed for the first time as man and wife.

"I would like to introduce the new Mr. and Mrs. Frank Edwin Wright III."

"Or the new Mr. and Mrs. Tre Cool," shouted Mike as he smacked his band mate on the back.

"Hmmm I could get used to being Cool," Sabrina said with a wink at her new husband. "Okay let's go to the Palms so I can get some new ink before we leave town. I need to commemorate this event."