Sequel: Fallen Embers

The Fire

Going Home

As Sabrina stood there and showing off her new ink, Right Said Fred started being played on her cell phone. She looked at Tre and groaned. Tre laughed. "Did you think that he wouldn't call?" he asked.

"'I'm Too Sexy' is what you programmed your cell phone with when Toby calls?" Mike asked.

"Yup... he loved that song when it came out, so I used to tease him about it. I thought it was appropriate," Sabrina explained. "I wonder if I can ignore him." Upon saying that, the phone stopped ringing, only to start all over again.
"Shit," Sabrina groaned. She went into the back and grabbed her phone. The woman flipped it open and turned on the speakerphone.

As soon as the phone clicked on Toby's voice was heard. "SABRINA WHAT DID YOU DO?" he screamed. "I have press calling me left and right about you getting married? What the fuck dude? Oh my god, couldn't you tell that you were getting married? I had to find out from the press! I'm your MANAGER for fucks sake. But more important, I thought I was your friend."

"Are you done Toby?" the woman asked quietly.

The man was quiet for a moment before he answered. Sabrina heard him sigh before he spoke again. "Sabrina, I'm hurt that you didn't say anything to me about what you were doing. I thought that I was more important to you than that."

Sabrina was hurt that she caused pain for her best friend. "Toby, I'm sorry that I didn't tell you what was going on. I have known you for over 22 years. Not only are you my manager but you are my best friend. We just got married about 2 hours ago Toby. Go ahead an issue a press release Toby; I will get you pictures to release after Lisea develops them. In the release, add that I am taking Tre's name. I figured Sabrina Sanders-Cool for stage and Sabrina Wright for real life."

Toby sighed again. "Okay Sabrina, but what about a pre-nup?"

"There is none Toby."

"Oh my god Sabrina, are fucking CRAZY?" he screamed.

"Nope, just in love."

Sabrina heard a click and she knew that Toby had hung up on her. She turned to her friends and husband and looked apologetic. "Sorry guys you had to hear that, I didn't think he would have gone spastic like that. Sorry Tre but things are going to be crazy press wise until we have been married a bit. I hope that you all don't get stalked," she said while looking at the rest of the group. "I have found over the years if I give press freely then I am not stalked, but getting married is like throwing blood out in the middle of sharks. It will be fierce until they get used to Tre and I being married."

"Well who said marriage was easy Sabrina. We can get through anything we puit our mind to," Tre smiled as he hugged his wife.

Sabrina looked at her watch. "Geez, at this rate I'm never going to get any sleep before I have to go back to the Hopeful Farm. Hey, I have an idea... what do you all, kids included; think about going to vacation at my farm for little bit? I have more than enough room, I have 4 suites in the house and that doesn't include my suite. I could get what I need to get done, and you all can step into my world for a minute. That way Frankito and Ramona can decide what they want for their rooms at the Farm. Hell, I can make the suites your permanent quarters, so all the kids can redo rooms."

"Are you sure about that?" Adie asked.

"Yes, the suites are huge; you walk into a large room which is the 'living room'. There is a small kitchen to the side with a bar for eating. There is a master bedroom on one end and another bedroom on the opposite side. All 4 suites are the same. I had the house done that way, so people could either each all together or eat privately. It will be fun; my interior designer has been bugging me to do something with the suites," Sabrina laughed.

"Well, I think its okay with me and Adie," Billie Joe said. The others added their agreements to his. So the group left to go back to the airport. Outside the Palms, the press had been gathering after getting tipped that Sabrina and Tre were there. Flashbulbs went off as the group got into the limo. The limo sped off leaving the press behind as it headed for the airport. Soon the group was landing back in Oakland to head to their homes to pack for going to New York.