Sequel: Fallen Embers

The Fire

MomBee

Tre held onto his wife for dear life. Billie Joe and Adie came up and hugged onto Tre and Sabrina. Soon Mike, Brittney, Claudia, Ana, and Lisea all joined in the group hug. Sabrina didn't know what to say to these people who barely knew her, but loved her no matter what she did. She loved this group of people like brothers and sisters that she never had but always wanted.

"I can't imagine losing one of my boys," Adie said. "But I am here for you Sabrina. If you ever need to talk, I'm here." Adie's sentiments were echoed by the people hugging her.

"Wait, you said something about the pond and everyone else," Mike said hesitantly as he looked out the window at said pond.

Sabrina pulled away for a minute and looked at Mike. "Ummm yea. Each of the trees out by the pond is a resting place. I believe it was you Mike that had a quote that said something to the extent of 'plant a tree in my ass'. I had always had that idea after my Dad died. I promised myself when I got some land, I would do that plant a tree."

Mike looked at Sabrina and saw her sad blue eyes. He realized that there was a lot of pain that the woman had experienced in her lifetime, and the fact that she was still here was a testiment to her strength. As she looked at him with her eyes filled with tears, he felt like he needed to protect her from the world. Mike swallowed the lump that had formed in his throat. He also knew that this woman was untouchable to him. He sighed and closed his eyes to stop the tears of his own that started to escape.

Sabrina looked at Mike after she answered his question. She saw his deep blue eyes mist over. Under the scurtiny of her gaze, his eyes darkened into an even more viberant shade of blue. She watched him swallow deeply, sigh and close his eyes. But before his eyes closed Sabrina thought she saw something more, a secret of his own that he couldn't tell. She shook off the feeling and turned to kiss her husband who was still holding her.

At that moment, 5 giggling kids came running into the room followed by a slightly out of breath interior designer. Frankito launched himself into the air and knocked his father to the ground. "I'm getting an airplane room Daddy," the little boy exclaimed with a smile the size of New York on his face. "An airplane room of my very own."

Tre ruffled his son's hair and smiled. "Too cool, little man. Ramona what did you decide on?" he asked his daughter who stood back a little.

"I want horses and music and photographs Dad," she smiled. "Laura is going to see if Mom will take some pictures of the horses on the farm and pictures of you and Uncle Mike and Uncle Billie and Aunt Sabrina... wait, that's not right, she's not aunt Sabrina, she's our stepmom," Ramona thought outloud. "Frankito we need to have a meeting and figure out what we are going to call Sabrina." The young girl looked at the woman in question. "What do you think Sabrina?"

"Well I think that this is a decison that you and Frankito need to think about. Maybe you should include your Moms and Dad for this meeting. This is something that you and Frankito have to be comfortable with and not something that I want. I will cherish whatever you decide to call me, except if you call me late for dinner," she said with a smile.

"Wright family meeting over in the kitchen in 5 minutes," Tre hollared. "All except the newest Wright family member, Sabrina," Tre said with a kiss to his wife's forehead.

Sabrina smiled at her husband's antics as he dragged Cluadia, Lisea, Ramona, and Frankito to the kitchen. 'I am indeed a lucky woman to have this man on my side,' she said to herself. "Okay since we are not 'Cool' enough to be in on that meeting," Sabrina said addressing the remaining kids, "Why don't you all tell me what you're going to do with your rooms?"

Billie Joe and Adie smiled at Joey and Jake as they recounted what they wanted. The boys decided on a music theme which would also have a mini stage where a full band set-up would be. Stella quietly spoke about her decision on a woodland theme with fairies and mythical creatures. Mike hugged his daughter since that was the same theme she had in her room at his house.

All of a sudden the quiet was shattered by Frankito and Ramona running to grab Sabrina in a bear hug. Frankito put his hands in the air to be picked up which Sabrina did and twirled in a circle to get the young boy giggling. Ramona stood back when Sabrina spun Frankito, but grabbed Sabrina around the waist when she stopped.

"And the winning name is..." Tre said while doing a drum roll on the counter top.

"MomBee," Frankito yelled.

"You're our back up Mom," Ramona explained. "You pick up the slack and step in if and when our Moms need help. So they are our 'A' Moms and you are our MomBee."

Sabrina looked at the two children that brought her into their world with a simple name. Frankito was giggling and hugging the woman's neck while Ramona was more reserved while leaning into Sabrina with her arms wrapped the woman's waist. "I think MomBee is perfect. Thank You Ramona and Frankito for deciding on such a wonderful name. I will try my best to live up to that name for you two," she said with tears in her eyes.

Tre came over to hug his wife and kids. "I never thought that I would hear the word 'Mom' used to describe me," the slender woman said into her husband's ear.

He pulled back and smiled at her. "It fits you to a 'T'," he whispered back.