Sequel: Fallen Embers

The Fire

Wonderdul Tonight

"Good evening ladies and gentleman to Holiday Inn's New Year's 2006 party. We are the Sam Pallet Big Band from Corning, NY and we will be playing until 1:30am. I would like to announce that a good friend of ours is here tonight and she is celebrating her new marriage which happened less than a week ago. Let me introduce her and her friends. I would like to introduce Tre and Sabrina Sanders-Cool. Also Tre Cool is part of a little band you might have heard of before, Green Day. Billie Joe and his lovely wife Adie and Mike Dirnt with his beautiful girlfriend Brittney," Mike the lead singer announced.

The crowd hooted and hollered for the celebrities in their midst. Mike shushed the crowd as he continued to speak. "We will be playing for a half hour while they get dinner ready to be served. We'll stop for dinner and then we will really start to party until its 2006."

The crowd clapped as the band started 'Margaritaville'. Sabrina was soon singing along much to the surprise of her companions. "I love classic rock, so shush," she chided them. "I'm going to sit with talk with Laura and Laur for a minute. I'll be right back"

Sabrina gracefully rose from her chair as did the three men sitting at the table. The woman raised an eyebrow at the men as they showed high brow manners. She was going to say something nice about the manners until Tre started to tell the men about their quicky in the hotel room right before meeting everyone in the hallway. She shook her head as she went over to the next table to sit with the two older women.

Sabrina moved back to her table when the band was told to stop playing for dinner. She smiled at Tre as he rose up and pulled out her chair for her. She rewarded him with a kiss and lowered herself to the seat. She shivered when he dragged his fingers across her shoulders as he returned to his own seat.

"I need to eat something soon or I am going to be one sick camper later on." Sabrina remarked to no one in particular.

Adie laughed at what Sabrina said. "Betty came over to say that we are second table in line for the buffet."

"Sweet, I tell ya knowing the band comes in handy." the older woman replied with a wink.

Within minutes the band went up to the buffet and Sabrina's table were next in line. A few people while they waited in line spoke to the group and were surprised when Green Day and Sabrina answered questions and had conversations. Everyone plied their plate high with the good smelling food, full tummy meant more booze less being drunk. Everyone sat down with their plates and small talk was made while the food was being consumed.

About 30 minutes later all the tables were served and the staff started to take down the food and tables so the dance floor could be used. The group chatted with each other about everything and nothing all at once. "I hope you girls are ready to dance tonight" Sabrina stated while draining the last of her red wine.

Adie raised her eyebrows, "Dance? Hell ya! We have to get Laura and Laur to dance with us."

"I have my dancing shoes on," Britt exclaimed.

"Oh and you boys better be ready, cause some of those songs you need a man to grind up on," Sabrina said while looking at her husband.

"Songs like what Sabrina?" Tre asked his tipsy wife.

"Mustang Sally, The Blue Brothers songs, Johnny B Goode medley to name a few."

"So this band plays what classic rock?" Billie asked

"Yup, they do some horn rock from the 70's and mostly they added horns to other songs. They also will so some southern rock since Jeffery is here on fiddle."
"Southern Rock, does that mean Lynyrd Skynyrd?" Billie Joe groaned.

Sarina reached across the table and smacked her friend. "Yes, and you will behave, Billie. 'That Smell' is awesome, and even they hate 'Gimmie Three Steps'."

The band came back up to start the show, and Ronnie the bass player started the opening notes for "Gimmie Some Lovin" from the Blues Brothers movie. The group was started when Sabrina brought her fingers to her lips and let loose with a piercing whistle. She glanced over to the band table and nodded her head toward the dance floor. Laura and Laur responded by getting out of their seats and walking toward the dance floor.

"You girls coming?" the blonde asked as she get up to join the others.

"Nope we need to get a feel for the music first." Adie laughed as Sabrina grabbed Tre's cheech and quickly finished it off before she left the table.

Tre watched as his wife moved toward the women waiting on the dance floor. They were the first ones to dance, but he knew that it only took someone to start and before long the floor would be crowded. Tre watched as Sabrina started to dance with her friends. She swung her hips to the music and laughed with the other women. He eyes were bright and cheeks slightly red from the booze she was drinking. She was having the time of her life and looked every part of being sex goddess she was.

Adie and Brittney soon moved to join the other women and left the three men to sit alone at the table. The five women looked as though they were having a ball. They were bumping hips and pretending to mosh and laughing and giggling all at the same time.

The trumpet player Kenny came up to do the introductions of the band.

"Good evening everybody and welcome to the Riverside Holiday Inn. We are the Sam Pallet Big Band and we are from Corning NY." The band women on the floor cheered as Kenny started his intros. "When I say each person's name, I want you to say 'HEY'."

"Introducing first from Corning NY, he is the band director for Corning East High School, Greg. Say Hey"

"HEY" shouted the dancing women, as they turned around in a circle, not unlike the blue brothers move in the movie.

"I am Kenny and from a little town called Gibson, NY. Underneath the 'Christ is the answer' sign, near where the junkyard used to be, say HEY"

"HEY"

"Next to me is the Richie Cumminham of the band. He is the music director for Waverly Schools, Jeremy, say HEY"

"HEY" the women shouted back.

"Next to Jeremy is the oldest member of the band. He is a four time NYS fiddle champion. From Rathbone NY, Jeffery, say HEY."

"Hey" by now the whole audience was shouting hey so the dancing women were not alone.

"Behind him is the bottom end of the band. From East Campbell NY, JJ Jerome what a white boy, say HEY"

"HEY"

"And from Watkins Glen NY, the only sober man of the band, sober for almost 10 years. When he stopped drinking Jack Daniels had to lay off employees and then Juan Valdez hired them. He is the best bass player you'll ever find. Ronnie Boom-boom, say HEY"

"HEY" the crowd responded.

"Finally comes the member with the most seniority in the band. He has played with Mike for over 25 years and that is why he is called Nick, Saint Nick, from Savona NY, Mr Nick, say HEY"

"We are the Sam Pallet Big Band." Kenny did a count off and the band played a bridge of the song. Soon Kenny came back to the microphone to do the last introduction. "And now, I will introduce to you the lead singer for the band. He is the winner of the Bluto look a like contest 6 years running. He poses for Jesus pictures on the side. He IS the Jack Daniels poster child. From Corning NY, Mike, say HEY"

Mike came up and pretended to boot Kenny back to the horn section. The crowd laughed. Billie Joe saw that the big man was indeed a entertainer not unlike himself, and he sat back to enjoy the show. The went into 'Gimmie Good Lovin' which was followed by 'Shake a Tail Feather'. Billie laughed at his wife who kept dancing and shaking her ass when then song came to 'bend over and let me see you shake tail feather'.

Finally after playing 'Soul Man' band stopped for a breather. The three Green Day women came back to sit down with their men. Tre glanced at his wife as she was slightly out of breath with her face a little red. Her eyes glistened brightly as she laughed at something Britt was saying to her.

Just as Sabrina sat down the opening notes of "Wonderful Tonight" rang out through the room. "This is going out to the newlyweds." the lead singer spoke up.

Tre smiled at his wife as he rose and offered her his hand. "A dance m'lady?" he asked with his eyebrow raised.

"I thought you would never ask kind sir." Sabrina said as she stood back up to follow her husbands' lead back to the dance floor.

The crowd watched as the newlyweds started to move across the floor. Billie swung Adie out onto the floor and was followed by Mike twirling Britt in a circle. The Green Day men surprised the crowd as they danced with their women. Other couples soon joined in and the floor began to be filled.

Sabrina smiled as her wild man quietly sung along to the band. His eyes were dark blue and filled with love as he sang to her.

It's late in the evening
She's wondering what clothes to wear
She puts on her make up
And brushes her long blonde hair
And then she asks me
Do I look alright
And I say yes, you look wonderful tonight

We go to a party
And everyone turns to see
This beautiful lady
That's walking around with me
And then she asks me
Do you feel alright
And I say yes, I feel wonderful tonight


Upon coming to the bridge Sabrina joined him in harmony. They looked into each others' eyes as they sang, and they felt like they were the only ones in the room.

I feel wonderful
Because I see the love light in your eyes
And the wonder of it all
Is that you just don't realize
How much I love you


Tre smiled and kissed his wife gently as the band took its solos. Sabrina held onto Tre a little tighter as she felt him kiss her. Tre continued to serenade his wife when the singing resumed.

It's time to go home now
And I've got an aching head
So I give her the car keys
She helps me to bed
And then I tell her
As I turn out the light
I say my darling, you are wonderful tonight
Oh my darling, you are wonderful tonight


The song ended and Tre finished dancing by dramatically dropping Sabrina into a dip. The crowd around them clapped as the pair straightened up. Sabrina blushed at the clapping and Tre ever the ham just bowed. With his hand in the small of Sabrina's back he steered her back to their seats.