Sequel: Fallen Embers

The Fire

I Smell Lettuce

Sabrina took a quick look at herself. "You know, I think I need to head to our room and refresh myself a little. I must look like a mess after sweating on stage for 20 minutes."

"I'll go with you Sabrina. I want to refresh too or actually go to the bathroom." Britt giggled.

"I see someone who is a little intoxicated." Sabrina laughed pointing at the younger blonde who was having a hard time sitting upright.

"Come girls. Lets Go." Tre said as he stood up and stretched. "I'll walk you too back."

"Wait, I have to drain the lizard too." Billie Joe shouted.

Mike sighed since he had to go to too. "Let's all go and refresh. We must have about 20 minutes or so."

The group stood up and headed toward their rooms. When they entered the hallway that the rooms were in Tre stopped dead in his tracks and sniffed the air.

"I smell lettuce." Tre said as he concentrated on sniffing the air.

Billie Joe stopped also and inhaled. "Oh yea, so do I."

"Lettuce?" Sabrina asked looking at the two musicians.

"Not all liberals smoke lettuce." Tre replied using his quote from Bullet In A Bible.

"Ohhhhh I get it. Yea some of the guys smoke." Sabrina walked along the hallway and sniffed by each door. The third door she sniffed she found what she was looking for. "This room." she announced.

Tre looked at Billie who looked Adie. Adie shook head and laughed at her husband. "Go" she said.

Tre and Billie looked at Mike who shook his head. The two men shrugged their shoulders and walked over to the door Sabrina had pointed out and knocked. A voice from inside asked who it was and Tre answered. The door opened up and cloud of thick smoke billowed out. The drummer inhaled a deep breath and pulled Billie into the room closing the door quickly behind them.

Sabrina chuckled at Tre and Billie and turned to go back to her room. She stopped to look at Britt who looked like she was enjoying herself as Adie helped her to her door. After Britt fumbled with the keycard, Adie finally took it from her and unlocked the door. She propelled the younger woman inside and shut the door.

Mike stood there watching Adie helping Britt. He was in a daze until Sabrina called his name and offered him to come into her room. He took a final look at his door and turned to follow Sabrina into room 202. As he went to walk past Sabrina who was holding the door, he smelled a different perfume on her than her normal light citrus scent. This one was more heady and thick. The smell made him forget where he was and who he was with. He couldn't stop himself from what he did next. He dropped his nose to her neck and inhaled deeply. He exhaled and brought his nose closer to her ear and inhaled deeply one more time. This time he exhaled into her ear before pulling his head away. As he pulled his head away he noticed she was smiling at him.

"You like what you smelled Michael?" she purred as she shook off the goose bumps he had given her.

"Oh god yes, it just.. Wow."

"Want to know a secret?" she asked playfully. He nodded for her to continued. "It's called Night Magic Evening Musk and its from Avon. I am such a cheap date." she giggled as she went into the room and left Mike holding the door. He chuckled and followed her in.

"Do you need to use the restroom before I re-beautify myself?" she asked as she walked into the room.

He nodded and she walked into the main room and left him to his own devices by the bathroom. He walked in and closed the door and was instantly reminded of the scene that played out earlier that evening in that same bathroom. He shook his head to rid his mind of the flashback and set about to use the facilities. He was done in a moment and washed his hands before opening the door and heading back into the main room.

He stopped dead in his tracks as he came around the corner at the sight of Sabrina bent over with her ass in the air as she dug around in the cooler looking for something to drink. He started to walk toward her when she popped back upright bringing an Orange Zima with her. She deftly twisted the cap off and tipped her head back as she took a log draft from it. She brought her head back upright and noticed Mike staring at her.

She smiled at him before she spoke. "Random thought moment. Do you know what the word 'zima' means in Greek?" He shook his head and shrugged. "Sperm" Sabrina laughed. "I am drinking orange sperm. AND just for the record, nice girls spit and bad girls swallow, and I am a very bad girl." Sabrina took another swig from the long neck bottle and swallowed loudly to emphasize he statement.

"You have drop of zima on the corner of your mouth." Mike spoke softly. Before she had a chance to flick it off, Mike moved closer to Sabrina and caught her chin with his fingers. He took his thumb and wiped off the drop of drink from the corner of her mouth. He moved his thumb and grazed her bottom lip softly. The bright blue of his eyes deepened into a darker color as the desire washed through him.

She inhaled quickly and held her breath as his thumb touched her lips. Sabrina was confused by the sudden rush of sexual feeling that coursed through her veins at that moment. She held her breath as she realized Mike was leaning closer to her. Just as his lips touched hers, she heard someone trying to open the door. She quickly moved away from him and went toward the sound. Just as she moved the door then exploded open and in fell a giggling Tre and Billie.

The two friends were toasted to the gills. They couldn't stop laughing as they tried to open the door with the keycard. Finally the door swung open unexpectedly and they fell to the ground just inside the door. Tre landed onto top of Billie and he placed a wet sloppy kiss on his lead singer's forehead.

"Ewww get off of me you big puppy." Billie said as he was trying wipe his face off.

"You love it and you know it." the drummer replied back

Sabrina walked over to stand next to her husband who was still lying on the floor. "Come on your two stoners, here comes Adie and Britt. It's getting close to midnight and I don't want to miss it." Sabrina tugged on Billie's and Tre's collars to get them moving. "You coming Michael?" she shouted over her shoulder.

"Yea." Mike leaned over and rummaged in the cooler until he found what he was looking for. His long fingers wrapped themselves the bottle of Jack Daniels and freed it from the ice bath in which it was imprisoned. Deftly he opened the top and brought it up to his lips and took a long healthy swig. As he swallowed the burning liquor, Sabrina's comment sprang into his mind. He shook his head as if to shake off the memory, recapped the bottle and followed his friends back to the ballroom.