Sequel: Fallen Embers

The Fire

That Snoop Dog Fellow Has a Mansion Up There

A little later on the other side of town, Toby had pulled up to an office that housed his Mom's best friend's realtor business. The pair got out of the truck and walked toward the front door. Within moments they were inside seated in front of a desk where a rather matronly woman was starting to gush over Toby.

"Oh Toby, your mother is so proud of you. Are you still working for that big rock star?" the realtor gushed.

"Oh yea I am, she keeps me busy, but not enough that I can't get home once in a while to visit family and friends up here."

"Oh that's nice Toby. I know your mother enjoys when you can visit. So what brings you here to my office, looking for a new home for you and your girlfriend?" she said as she looked at Sabrina not realizing who she was or that Toby was gay.

"Oh no, this is my good friend. She and her new husband just got married and they are looking for a place. I told her that I knew the perfect person who could help." He replied. "This is Sabrina Wright but her husband Frank unfortunately is working and couldn't make it."

"So dear, do you have an idea what you're looking for and where?" the realtor said while giving Sabrina the once over.

"Oh yes, I am looking for a place with least 5 bedrooms, 3 ½ baths, and in the more upscale neighborhood of Oakland. Oh and price is not an issue, my husband and I are rather well off." she said with a wry smile while making the understatement of the year to the unsuspecting realtor.

"Well, I like when a client knows exactly what they want. Let's plug what your need into the computer and see what happens. There is a very upscale neighborhood where the houses run from 450 to 900 thousand. A lot of famous people live there. That Snoop Dog fellow has a mansion up there, along with some of the Green Day boys." she said as she typed into her computer.

Sabrina suppressed a laugh as she tried to keep a straight face. "Green Day boys?" she asked innocently. "I've heard of Snoop Dog, but who are the other ones?"

"Oh, they are some local boys who did real well for themselves. Actually all three of them live in this area. It's nice to see that they didn't forget their roots and move to LA or Hollywood." The woman paused to look at Sabrina who did her best to put a confused look on her face. "You may have heard one of their songs before, have you every watched Seinfield? Their song 'Time of Your Life' was used in the series finale episode."

"Oh okay, I might have heard it before. That's interesting." the blonde nodding.

"Yes, maybe Toby with his music connections could arrange a meeting." The unsuspecting realtor continued.

"Sure," Toby answered, trying not to laugh out right. "I could arrange that."

The realtor smiled as she continued her searching feeling very smug with herself. Within a minute the computer beeped and a list of homes matching Sabrina's needs popped up on the screen. "Okay, there are about 10 places that match your needs in that neighborhood. Do you have children?" she asked.

"My husband has two children and maybe we might have one or two of our own someday."

"The reason I asked is that 2 of these don't have much of a yard front or back, so I didn't want to show you them if you have children, since kids need a yard to play in."

"Ahh, oh yes, I defiantly want a yard since I would love to put in a pool, if one is not already installed."

"Well," the realtor said while looking back at her screen, "Out of the remaining 8, 4 of them already have pools."

"Well, can we look at those 4 first and maybe one of those will be the 'one'. I'll know when I see the place, if it will be want I am looking for."

"What about your husband? Shouldn't he look with you?"

"Oh no, he's working and can't make it, so that's why Toby is here. I am new to the area, so I have no idea where anything is, but my husband is from here, so Toby was the perfect choice to ask for help. He will be my husband's eyes and my city guide for our house hunting trip. " she said while giving Toby a big smile.

"Okay, let me grab my things and I'll take you around to show the 4 houses." the woman said while rising from behind her desk to grab paperwork and other items into her attache case. Toby looked at Sabrina and rolled his eyes at her making her snort. The realtor looked up at the sound and Sabrina covered it up with a fake sneeze and a smile. A few moments later and the realtor was showing them to her large luxury car and soon taking them on their journey.

"So dear, you never said what your husband does for a living?"

"Uh, he is in music sales."

"Music sales? Interesting. You said you weren't from around here dear, where are you from?

"Well I was born in the suburbs 15 minutes outside of Philadelphia, but my family relocated to upstate New York when I was a pre-teen. My husband travels a lot and that's how we met." Sabrina explained loosely trying to fend off what the next question was going to be from the other woman.

"Oh interesting, he must be very well off that you don't need to have a price range when looking for a new home."

"Between him and myself, I have family money, we are very lucky and want for nothing."

"Family money huh, what does your family do dear?"

"They are in the horse breeding business, I have a family stake in that."

"Oh that's nice dear." the older woman said absentmindedly as she turned into a driveway and punched numbers into a security gate. The gate opened up and the car pulled into the driveway. The trio got out of the car and the realtor started her talk about the house. Sabrina was half listening because this house didn't 'say' anything to her. After taking the full tour, they loaded back into the car and returned to the road to go to the next house on the list.

About 5 minutes later they pulled into yet another driveway with a gate and deftly the realtor plugged in a code that opened the gate so that they may gain access to the house. Upon piling out, the realtor started a new talk and once again this house didn't 'speak' to Sabrina, but she looked around and listened to the other woman. For a third time they loaded back into the car to go to their next destination.

Suddenly with a start Sabrina recognized where she was. She knocked Toby's arm and mouthed the words 'Tre's house' as they drove by the house in question. They continued along the familiar street until they got to almost the corner and the realtor pulled into a driveway. Sabrina looked out the window as the realtor punched numbers into a keypad for another gate. The house sat on the corner lot and since the driveway took up most of the front, Sabrina concluded that the back yard must be huge. The car stopped and she and Toby jumped out. Her interest was noted by the saleswoman. With a flourish she opened the door and gestured Sabrina and Toby inside.

Sabrina stood inside of the huge foyer area and looked around. There was on the right, a huge open stairwell that wound around to the second floor. To the left and through an arch was the living room. To the right near the bottom of the stairs was another room that connected with a second room. Sabrina walked straight forward and found herself in a large dining area and she glanced to the right and saw the connecting room to the front room. The dining room and kitchen were an open floor plan and the kitchen was huge, complete with an industrial stove and sub zero fridge. There was a door at the end of the kitchen which drew Sabrina to it. She walked over and opened the door to find a huge 4 car garage. She quickly closed the door and went over to the french doors that was situated in between the dining room and kitchen and that led to the backyard.

She looked out and gasped. There in the huge ass backyard was a wooden play ground that rivaled any elementary school's offering anywhere. There also was a 2 story play house situated next to the playground. She continued to scan the yard and her gaze fell upon the pool and hot tub which had an iron safety fence around it. She looked back to the realtor who had a smile on her face.

"The family who lived here had children and built the back yard as a children's paradise. They actually outgrew this house, so that's why it's on the market. It gets better. Wait til you see the bedrooms on the second floor." Upon saying that the realtor guided Sabrina back to the foyer and up the front stairs and opened the first door they came upon. Walking into a bedroom that was the perfect size for a child, Sabrina looked around. The realtor walked over to what was the bathroom door and opened it up and then surprisingly opened a second door in the bathroom which revealed the second bedroom. "The four smaller bedrooms share 2 baths. The third and fourth bedrooms are set up just like these two bedrooms."

They walked through to the second bedroom and out it's door to the hallway. Upon opening the third bedroom door the trio walked through an identical setup as they just came from. They followed the rooms around and soon came out of the fourth bedroom's door back into the hallway again. The fifth door was a set actually a set of double doors which Sabrina figured led to the master bedroom. She grasped the handles and pushed the doors inward.

Sabrina's breath hitched in her chest as the master bedroom opened out in front of her. On the left was a huge walk in closet complete with a dressing area. The main part of large room had huge loft ceiling along with windows that bathed the room in the glow of natural light. There was a set of french door that opened up to a small, cozy and romantic patio where you could see the whole backyard in it's entirety. She walked over to another set of double doors which she figured led to the bathroom. She opened up to find a paradise. There was another dressing area, which had a hairstylist chair in front of a huge lighted mirror. It was like a mini hair salon right in the bathroom. There also was a huge steam shower and on a platform in the corner sat an overflow tub that looked as though it could seat 4 people.

"You like it?" The realtor asked.

"I'll take it, lets get back to your office and get the paperwork around. I want it now." Sabrina laughed as she propelled the realtor out of the bedroom and down the hallway to the stairs and out the front door. The saleswoman laughed at the thought of the commission that she was going to get from the sale of this home as they piled back into her car and started the drive back to her office.