Sequel: Fallen Embers

The Fire

I Can Bring a Really Nice Rack to the Table

Back at the office, Sabrina started off the conversation and surprised the realtor with her comments. "As soon as you get a contract readied, I'll fax it to my lawyer and get his approval. I will be paying cash for this property. As soon as you give me the final figure, I'll have my accountant wire the money directly into your business account. I want to close this deal as soon as possible for we are staying with family and I would like to be in my own place."

The realtor stuttered for a moment. "I can have the contract ready now for you if you would like. I suppose I can get the other information you need also." The realtor scuttled around her office to get the contract ready to be signed. Sabrina flipped open her phone and scrolled through the numbers and upon finding the correct one, hit send and clicked on the speaker phone. After 2 rings a male voice picked up.

"Hello."

"Hello Daniel, it's me Sabrina. How are you doing today?"

"Okay until you called. The last time I heard from you, you informed me you got married with out a pre-nup."

"Shush, Daniel. Actually this is an easy thing this time. I am going to be purchasing a new home here in Oakland and I wanted to give you a heads up that you'll be getting the contract faxed to you in a little bit. Can you look it over and let me know as soon as possible that's it okay to sign. I want to get things taken care of tonight hopefully."

"Okay, not a problem, but you know that this will be community property now."

"Yes, Daniel, I know that. Thank you." she said with a groan.

"Just checking you know, I am your lawyer. Oh and stupid question but you are using your legal name correct?"

The blonde sighed, "Yes Daniel, what name would I use, Tre Cool?" she asked with a eyebrow raised and started laughing.

"Okay, okay. I'll give you a call as soon as the fax arrives and we'll go through the contract together with the realtor."

"Thanks Daniel, talk to you in a few minutes. I have to call Timothy now about the money end." the woman said as she said goodbye to the lawyer. Sabrina once again scanned through names and selected a number and hit the send button. The phone rang 4 times before another male voice picked up.

"Hello"

"Hey Timothy, It's Sabrina, how is life treating you today."

"Well hello stranger, how is married life treating you?"

"Pretty good Tim, pretty good."

"Hey while I have you here, I wanted to let you know that I took care of setting up the trusts that you asked me to do. I sent Daniel the paperwork so he is up to speed, oh and we changed your will also as you requested."

"Great Tim, that makes me feel better that the kids are taken care of. Okay now to the real reason I called. I am in the process of purchasing a new home, and I have the banking info for you." Sabrina paused as she placed her hand out for the paperwork with the final purchase price and banking info. The realtor quickly supplied the paper to the woman and continued with working on the contract. "Okay Tim I'm going to fax it over to you, that will make it simpler. Go ahead and wire the money right through. I want this taken care of as soon as possible. Oh also go ahead and get the utilities turned on in my name and other things like that."

"Will do Sabrina. Hey tell Tre congratulations from me and the wife."

"Okay Tim, say hi to Dorothy and the kids. Have a great night and thanks Tim." Sabrina said as she ended the conversation.

"May I use your fax machine to fax this over to my accountant?" the woman asked the realtor.

The realtor pointed to the machine set up in the corner and came to the realization that this was no normal housewife but rather a shrewd business woman in charge of more money than she let on to having. Another thought crossed her mind which she verbalized. "I thought you said your husband's name was Frank. Why did your accountant call him Tre?"

Sabrina looked back to the older woman before she answered. "Well he goes by Tre, and even I call him that, but his real name is Frank."

Suddenly like a lightening bolt in the dark, the realtor placed two and two together. A funny look came upon her face as she thought to herself. This Sabrina was married to a Tre whose real name was Frank, and Toby who was manager for a famous musician was also here. The realtor closed her eyes at her next thought. This could only mean that this was Sabrina Sanders in her office buying a house from her for herself and her new husband Tre Cool who was also known as Frank Wright III from Green Day.

Sabrina watched as the different emotions played across the woman's face ending up with a look of realization. She smiled as the realtor looked at her. She heard an muffled 'oh my god' escape the other woman's lips. Sabrina continued to smile as if nothing was amiss. "Are you okay" she asked

"Um yes, Miss Sanders, I mean Mrs Wright, I'm fine."

"You can call me Sabrina, now that you seem to know who I am doesn't mean that you need to become formal all of a sudden." she smiled to the woman trying to put her at ease. "I hope I didn't startle you with this information. I didn't want special treatment because of who I am. Thank you for doing a great job so far and I'm sure that you will continue to do a great job."

The other woman beamed from the complement. She finished off typing in her computer and with a final click of a button the printer started to come with life and the contract started to appear. After they watched the paperwork stop coming out, Sabrina grabbed it and went over to the fax machine and quickly punched in the numbers for her lawyers machine and hit the send button with a smile.

All of a sudden Sabrina phone started to play "Money" by Pink Floyd. She smiled as she flipped the phone open and hit speak phone mode. "Hey Tim."

"Okay Sabrina, I just wanted to let you know that the money has been wired into the account info you sent me. Enjoy your new home. I'm taking care of the other things as we speak. I'll talk to you later, Bye." A click sounded that the accountant had hung up the phone.

The realtor quickly went into her computer and clicked onto the internet. A few keystrokes later and she was looking at her business' online banking info and sitting in her account was the money that the accountant had wired. She was amazed at what could be done when you had money like Sabrina Sanders-Wright had money.

Suddenly Meatloaf's 'Lawyers, Guns, and Money.' broke through the quiet room. Sabrina opened the phone and soon the realtor, Sabrina, and her lawyer Daniel were going through the contract part by part. Within 20 minutes, Sabrina had become a homeowner yet again. With a handshake and relieving of the keys from the realtor, Sabrina left the office one more property richer.

Sabrina dropped Toby back to his car which he left at Rudy's from when they ate lunch there. With a comment about meeting tomorrow at the studio with the band, Toby left to go back to his parent's house where he was staying and Sabrina headed toward Claudia's house. She pulled into the driveway and saw the two other cars which she knew belonged to Mike and Billie. Parking her little Tracker out of the way, she quickly restored the soft top for the night and walked in to the house. She heard voices and followed them to the kitchen where Tre, Mike and Billie were sitting around at the kitchen table drinking beer.

"Is this party private or can anyone join?" she asked the men with slight smile on her lips.

"Well," Tre drawled "That all depends on what you can bring to the table."

"Let's see," Sabrina thought. She grabbed a hold of her boobs and said, "I can bring a really nice rack to the table."

The men laughed as Billie patted the chair seat next to him. Sabrina went over to the Sub Zero and reached in for her poison of choice and went and sat down where Billie indicated. She sat quietly as the men discussed the music they were messing around with. She was lost in her own thoughts and didn't realize that Tre was talking to her until she felt him kick her shin.

"Ow dammit what was that for."

"I asked you a question but you were lost in your own blonde moment." he retorted.

"Oh, sorry. I was just thinking."

"Thinking about what?" Mike asked

"Well I was thinking new music myself. So I had some ideas when the band and I met up tomorrow for the first time. What direction I want the music to do and shit like that, I hate coming to the table empty handed." she paused as she took a long swallow of her orange zima. "I also was thinking about talking a walk."

"A walk?" Tre blinked at the change of subjects. "Are you like Billie and take walks to think about music?"

"Well no, that's not the reason I want to walk. It's beautiful out and the night sky is so clear. Come on let's all go for a quick walk around the block."

"You've got to be kidding right?" Tre asked with an eyebrow raised.

"No I'm not, I think we all should go for a walk around the block. The night air will do us all good."

"You fucking nuts." Mike said.

"Yup, I even have paperwork stating that effect." she replied sticking her tongue out at the offending bassist. "I said I think we ALL go take a WALK around the block. Or at least to the end of the block."

Billie looked over at Sabrina and saw the look on her face. He could see that she really wanted to go outside for a walk and it intrigued him. "Okay, I'm game. Come on you two lazy asses. The lady want's to walk and so the lady will get a walk." he said as he got up from his chair.

With just a bit more of token grumbling Mike and Tre got up and followed Billie and Sabrina out the front door and down the driveway. When they got to the sidewalk, Billie looked for guidance from Sabrina and she turned to the right and started off down the sidewalk. Tre caught up and took his wife's hand in his own and was rewarded with a huge smile from her. She leaned into him as they walked down the sidewalk with arms linked. Mike and Billie followed behind the two lovebirds making face at them behind their backs.

When they came to the driveway that was before the end of the block, Sabrina turned to Tre and said "Wow this is a neat house, I wonder who lives here."

"I don't know who lives there now, but one of Frankito's little friends used to live there. The people built this huge backyard playground complete with a 2 story playhouse for their kids. It really is a neat place. That family moved when she got pregnant and had another baby to go into a bigger home. It's been empty for a while though." Tre answered.

"Wow, I wonder if we can sneak in and see that backyard. That would be cool." Sabrina muttered as she walked up to the gatebox.

"What are you doing woman, you trying to get us arrested?" Mike said as Sabrina started punching in numbers in the box.

"They won't arrest me for going into my own house dumbass." she said with a smile.

"Wha-what?" Tre stuttered. "What do you mean 'my own house'?"

"Exactly what I said, dear husband. Since about 2 hours ago, we have been the owners of this wonderful house. That was my appointment I had after being at the studio, I was house hunting and this was the third house she showed Toby and myself. How perfect is it that's it's like 5 houses down from Claudia's?"

"Boys, it's time for you to go home, I need to christen our new home with my wonderful, surprising, sexy, and dominant wife." Tre said as he grabbed Sabrina and swung her up over his shoulder and started walking toward the house. Billie chuckled as he watched the drummer carry his wife away. He turned and started walking back to Claudia's where his car was parked.

Mike stood there for a second as he watched the pair disappear into the house. He realized that he was jealous of one of his oldest and best friends. Tre had Sabrina. Mike remembered New Years Eve when he smelled her perfume, he remembered when he held her in his arms as they danced, he remembered kissing her neck and hearing her moan, he remembered kissing her sweet lips, and he remembered the dare that she had to do. He shook his head when he developed an erection over the memories and ran a hand through his hair. With one last look at the house, he turned and followed Billie up the sidewalk to his own car lost in his own thoughts.