Sequel: Fallen Embers

The Fire

Big Life

The heat and the questions of August swirled around Sabrina much like the hurricanes that were passing in Florida. MTV execs called Sabrina to ask if she would come to the Video Music Awards. She declined stating that she didn’t want to impede on Rick Derringers’ fun since he was already slated to be there. Sabrina and Toby watched the VMAs at her home in LA. They laughed at all the pimped out rides and when Green Day showed up in the car from the BOBD and Holiday videos, the two cheered since it was pimped but it was Green Day pimped. Sabrina and Toby watched the VMAs with the water works and enjoyed the show. Diddy did an excellent job as host and the whole show was great.

The fall months came and went without much fanfare since Sabrina was still avoiding answering questions about Derringer. She still attended parties and premiers, still wearing what she wanted, and soon the press stopped asking her for comments. On day in November, an exec at VH1 called up Sabrina and asked her if she would consider presenting an award in December at VH1’s Big in ’05 awards. The man stated that VH1 loved her style now and that she would be prefect to do the “Big Music in ‘05” award. Upon finding out that Derringer was not going to be there, she accepted. The man asked if she wanted to know who had won the award, since the winners already were told. Sabrina said no, that she would find out like the fans found out.

December began with Sabrina wondering what she was going to wear to the award show. She and Toby went through her closet, which had all of her music clothes in it, while her closet in NY had ‘normal’ clothes in it. They decided that she would wear her trusted black leather pants that were laced up the sides from the bottom to the top and showed off her large serpent dragon tattoo that ran from her hip to her knee, which covered up a large surgery scar. Toby found a black corset with straps that pushed the 'girls' up and gave a huge amount of cleavage. Sabrina added a pair of black cowboy boots and some cool studded belts which completed the whole outfit.

The day arrived and since this was LA she decided to drive her prized Lamborghini to the award show since VH1 put her up in a suite at the hotel where the after party was going to be held. Sabrina put on her rock and roll sexy singer outfit, under Toby’s watchful queer eye. She completed her outfit by having some minimal eyeliner and left her long blonde hair wild and loose down her back. As she walked by the full length mirror, she felt a lot younger than her 44 years.

Sabrina drove up to the red carpet and got out, she handed her keys to the valet. She did a quick check to make sure that the ‘girls’ hadn’t escaped, and she started up the red carpet alone. As soon as the photogs saw her, they started calling out her name and asking her to ‘Look here’; ‘Sabrina this way’; ‘Look up’; ‘To the left’; ‘To the right.’ She enjoyed the attention and continued to pose for the cameras.

Next thing she knew, she caught a glimpse of dark red out of the corner of her eye running behind her and she felt a smack on her ass. The dark red streak never stopped, just continued to run toward the arena. Sabrina looked puzzled and the photogs kept snapping. Sabrina started to move down the carpet and stopped for interviews for the gossip shows. All of a sudden the dark red streak was back. This time the streak ran toward the beginning of the red carpet, where she had just left. Only instead of a smack, it was a pinch. This time Sabrina yelled out.

When Tre Cool reached the rest of the band, Mike and Billie Joe were laughing so hard that they couldn’t breathe. Adrienne and Brittney just shook their heads at the 30 something going on 12 year olds. Tre just wiggled his eyebrows at them and said, “Don’t you know that I ALWAYS accept a dare?”

Back on the red carpet Sabrina shouted, “Hey, anyone get the license of that streak. It was involved in a run by pinching!” The photogs laughed and happily snapped her picture. Sabrina chuckled to herself. She was determined to have fun here tonight, and the ‘run bys’ helped put her in a wonderful mood. She arrived inside the arena and grabbed a glass of champagne from a waiter and made here way to her seat.

The award she was presenting was at the end of the evening and when the time came she was escorted to the backstage area to read the script of nominees. Again she was asked if she wanted to know the winner and again she declined.

Sabrina stood in the wings as they announced her name. She strutted out to the microphone and just stood there and listened to the shouting and hoots from the audience. She decided to ham it up a bit. “You think I’m sexy don’t you?” she asked the crowd. The response was deafening. She just laughed and gave her sexiest look to them.

The nominees were read by the announcer and she was handed a huge trophy cup which contained a t-shirt with the winners name on it. When the camera came back to her, she placed the trophy on the ground in front of her; giving the crowd a peek of her cleavage and pulled out the t-shirt. She stood with it in front of her face for about 20 seconds making the crowd go wild wanting to know the winner. She started to sing as she turned the shirt toward the crowd.

She began to sing, “Do you have the time to listen to me whine about nothing and everything all at once. The winner is GREEN DAY!” she shouted. As she dropped the shirt down into the trophy, the same dark red streak from earlier came running at her.

Tre stopped right in front of her, smiled and winked and dropped her into a dip and planted a kiss right on her mouth. After about 5 seconds he pulled away and smiled at Sabrina. In a split second she decided to herself that this was a GREAT television moment and the most fun she had had in almost 4 years and with that thought she grabbed Tre’s tie and pulled him back for another kiss. The shocked look on Tre’s face was there for an only a second before he placed his mouth over hers and slipped his tongue in her mouth.

The next thing she knew was that Mike and Billie Joe were slapping Tre on his back to get his attention so they could accept the award. He straightened himself up and released Sabrina so that she could stand to the side as they did their speech. The woman watched the drummer intently as the band did their acceptance speech. She smiled to herself at Tre’s antics. The band finished up and the four of them walked to the wings and backstage.

Once backstage, the producers and execs started clapping at Sabrina and Tre, who both looked at each and smiled and grabbed hands and bowed. Mike and Billie just starting laughing at the two musicians who were busy bowing to the applause of the staff backstage. Once they finished, Sabrina turned to Tre and smiled and said “Nice to meet you all again.”

Mike turned to Sabrina and pushed Tre out of the way. “I am sorry if this nimrod bothered you miss,” he said with a wink.

“Bothered hell that was the most action I have had in almost 4 years,” she said laughing. “Hell he can bother me like that anytime he wants.”

“God if that’s the case and you had fun with Tre, than you REALLY need to get out more,” Billie said with a laugh. Tre pretended to huff and pout, and turned his back on his band mates. Everyone laughed at Tre as he stuck out his lower lip.

An intern came up to the little group and told Green Day that they had to go and do some picture press before they left. They said their goodbyes and walked toward the press area. Tre turned around and blew a kiss to Sabrina and winked. The blonde just chuckled and turned toward the exits to join the celebrities who were waiting for their cars.