Sequel: Fallen Embers

The Fire

Awareness

As the two walked toward the elevator; Tre had a hold of Sabrina’s hand and he felt like a school kid on his first date. The doors slid open and they walked onto the elevator. Sabrina reached into her jacket and pulled out a keycard and inserted it into a slot below the floor buttons. Tre watched in surprise as the doors slid shut and the elevator started its upward journey. The floors went by quickly and soon it stopped on floor 21. Tre glanced over to the panel of buttons but there was no 21 button, they only went up to 20.

“Top Floor, ladies shoes, hair salon and ladies lingerie,” Sabrina chuckled at the confused man. A look of understanding came upon Tre’s face as he realized that Sabrina’s celebrity was greater than his own. They were in the small hallway that held the two doors to the two penthouse suites the hotel had. Tre smiled to himself as Sabrina keyed the door on the right hand side and it opened up easily. The wild man liked the idea that Sabrina was higher on the food chain than he was. He had never dated someone more famous than himself and he found himself intrigued.

The penthouse was huge was it opened up in front of him. There was a kitchen to his left and the open floor plan had a couch with flat screen TV to the right, a large dining table in the center and by the huge windows a black baby grand piano sat overlooking the view. There were two doors that past the TV and a door over on the other side of the room by the piano. “How many rooms does this suite have Sabrina?” Tre called out.

“Two guest bedrooms and one master bedroom,” she answered from within said master bedroom. “Would you like to come for a ride with me afterwards Tre? You like, know how to ride a Harley right?

“Yes, a ride would be great after lunch.”

A few moments later Sabrina came out into the main room and smiled at Tre. Tre for his part was trying to catch his breath after seeing what Sabrina was wearing. She had on a pair of tight fitting Levi’s and cowboy boots. The outfit was completed with a tight white wife beater and a button up shirt. She looked at the speechless drummer and laughed “You need to close your mouth, you're catching flies.”

“Wow,” Tre finally replied. “I didn’t think that you could look any sexier than you did last night, and I was mistaken. You are beautiful Sabrina.”

Sabrina blushed at the complement. To cover up her blush she laughed and said “You don’t have to lie Tre, you already got the girl,” she winked. It was Tre’s turn to blush upon hearing her comment. “What, I made the great Tre Cool blush? Damn, I’m good.”

Tre grabbed Sabrina as she walked by him and closed his mouth onto hers. “Yes you are that good and more,” he murmured into her mouth.

When they came up for air, they realized that they were late for meeting the rest of the group for lunch. They ran out of the door and Sabrina guided Tre to a different elevator off to the side. “Private express elevator that goes right to the lobby,” she explained to the man as he hesitated. The express elevator got them quickly down to the lobby within moments and they jumped out.

Hand in hand they walked to the hotel’s restaurant, ignoring the stares and whispers of others who were in the lobby. ‘That’s Sabrina Sanders and who is that with her?’, ‘Oh My God That Tre Cool from Green Day and what is he doing with her?’, ‘WOW; the Queen of Pop and a King of Punk!’

Tre and Sabrina walked into the restaurant and looked around for the others. Both of them looked in different directions but soon found themselves face to face. Tre leaned in for a quick kiss, which was interrupted by Mike who had come up beside Tre and was now slapping him on the back. “Now I want a clean break with you two. Each go to your respected corners and wait for the bell,” Mike chuckled.

The three of them shared a laugh as they followed the bass player to the table where the rest of the friends were. Sabrina felt Tre’s hand in the small of her back and felt a warmth flow through her. She looked back and him and smiled which gave the man the same warmth through his body.

As the three walked up to the table, Billie Joe looked at his wife, smiled and said “Look at those two. They remind me of us when we first were together.”

Adie smiled back at her husband “Yes they do; I wonder if they will continue seeing each other?” she wondered.

Brittney laughed, “If the looks on their faces is any indication, then it will take a sledgehammer to pry then apart.”

Mike slid in next to Brittney and Sabrina slid in next to him and Tre sat at the end of the booth. Sabrina felt everyone was staring at her, and the whole table was staring at her and Tre. Tre ignored them and held his menu in front of his face. Sabrina started to get paranoid. “Why are you all staring at me?” she asked.

“Just looking at the woman who must have lost her mind to deliberately want to be hanging out with Tre Cool,” Billie teased Sabrina with a smile. Tre responded by giving the front man the finger and not even coming out from behind his menu. Billie Joe laughed at his best friend. “Welcome to the family Sabrina. We put the fun back into dysfunctional.”

“Ignore my husband Sabrina,” Adrienne said. “I also had temporary mind freeze when I agreed to marry his sorry behind,” she said with a smile at her husband.

The group shared a laugh and went on to enjoy lunch. Everyone acted as though they had known Sabrina forever and a day, and she felt herself being drawn into the tight knit group. The woman felt like she was finally with a group of people who accepted her, and where she didn’t have to pretend to be someone she wasn’t. It was a nice feeling, almost like she belonged here with this group of people.