Sequel: Fallen Embers

The Fire

Pink Elephant

The next couple of days seemed to fly by for Sabrina. She and Tre stayed in LA while the rest of the band went back home to Oakland. The two went out to restaurants and clubs and were followed by the photogs relentlessly. This was a new thing for Sabrina, she had never been stalked so much, but she knew that it would fade away after she and Tre were together for a while. She just hoped that it wouldn’t scare Tre away before things had a chance to calm down.

After a rather vigorous round of romping one night the exhausted pair relaxed together on the bed. They were in their favorite reclining position; Tre on his back and Sabrina cuddled up along his side with her head on his chest with their arms wrapped around each other. Tre was lazily tracing the dragon tattoo that ran down Sabrina’s left thigh.

“I have to go back home to Oakland to pack and get ready for the last of the tour dates in Australia,” Tre’s voice cut through the room’s silence. “I want you to come with me.” He expected to hear a positive answer but was shocked when he was met with the sound of Sabrina sighing.

“I would love to Tre, but I really have to get back to the farm. It’s foaling season and I have let poor Chris handle everything alone for so long,” she said with a heavy heart.

Tre looked at the top of her head and frowned. He had just assumed that she would have jumped at the chance to go overseas with him. He had forgotten that she had her own career. The drummer frowned. ‘Is this going to end up like Lisea and I did?’ he thought to himself. He frowned again, because he didn’t want this relationship to end.

Neither of them spoke. They were afraid to voice out loud the concerns each had about the near future. After the tension in the room became unbearable, Sabrina finally spoke. “Okay... I’m going to address the pink elephant sitting in the middle of the room Tre.”

“Okay,” he laughed.

“I have a life and you have a life. I’m east coast girl and you’re a California boy,” she began, “I want to be with you and hopefully we want to be with me.”

“I concur.”

“You have to go finish up the tour and I have to help with foaling season. I propose that we go our separate ways and meet up again for New Years,” Sabrina suggested. “By that time, most of the foals will have been born and it will be less hectic at the farm, and you will be officially off tour.”

“But that’s a long ways away,” Tre whined.

“I know it sucks, but hey there is always web cams and phone sex.”

Tre’s ears perked up with those words and pulled the blonde on top of him. “Phone sex? You promise? Lots and lots of phone sex?” he begged her, while wiggling his eyebrows.

“Yes Tre... as much as you want. We might not be in the same place at the same time but that’s what they invented cell phones and web cams and instant messages for,” she giggled back.

“Hmmmmmmmm phone sex.”

“Oh shut up and kiss me, my little drummer boy,” she murmured.

He obliged her by shutting up and kissing her, and then he obliged her in other ways that night.

The next morning the sun light filtered onto the couple lying in the bed. Sabrina opened her eyes and groaned. Today was the day that she and Tre would part for a few weeks to get back to their busy separate lives. One quick glance confirmed that Tre was still sleeping. She kissed him gently on the lips before she got out of bed to go into the bathroom to get around for the day.

Tre woke up when he felt Sabrina kiss him. His heart lurched at the thought that they would be parting today and that he would not be able to touch her for a few weeks. He closed his eyes and tried to burn Sabrina’s image into his brain. He opened his eyes when he heard the shower start running. The naked man rolled out of the bed and walked toward the bathroom. He tried turning the handle and opened the door quietly. He was stopped short at the sight of Sabrina standing in the shower with her hands lathering up shampoo on top of her head. His eyes traveled down her wet body drinking up every wet inch of her. With a smile on his face he walked over to the shower and opened the door.

Sabrina was enjoying lathering in the shampoo on her head. It felt good to rub her head and it made her scalp tingle. She never heard Tre open the door or walk into the shower. She jumped when Tre added his hands to the lather and started to wash her hair.

“Jesus Christ,” she shouted. “Warn a girl next time you join her in the shower.”

“I’ll give you warning woman,” Tre growled as he claimed her lips and then he claimed the rest of her.

Upon getting out of the shower, the two got dressed and went downstairs for lunch before they left. During the meal they talk about nothing and everything all at once.
They agreed that Sabrina’s jet would fly them both to Oakland to drop Tre off and then Sabrina would continue on to fly home. It was a waste of jet fuel but Sabrina and Tre wanted to make the time last before they had to separate.

As Sabrina watched Tre walk out of the plane and down the stairs to the tarmac, the woman felt more alone than ever. She watched out the window as Tre walked over to Mike’s BMW and load his bags into the trunk. She waved at Mike standing next to the driver’s side door and blew Tre a kiss when he turned around to look at her before he got into the car. He reached up into the air and grabbed the blown kiss and touched his hand to his mouth and then blew back his own kiss to her as he opened the door and got in. Sabrina smiled to herself as she watched Mike drive the BMW off the tarmac and onto the road. As the pilot was getting things ready to start take off, Sabrina took out her phone, turned it on and quickly sent out a text message.

Miss you already, Miss you like crazy. You’re 2000 light years away

She heard the phone beep as the message was sent. As she leaned over to put the phone away, it beeped as an incoming text arrived. She quickly snapped open the phone and opened the message from Tre.

Miss you more. I was alone, I was all by myself. No one was looking, I was thinking of you

Sabrina laughed out loud as she snapped shut the phone and turned it off. As she put the phone away she sighed. 'This is going to be a long couple of weeks', she thought to herself as the airplane started moving down the tarmac to the runway.