Transcontinental Overload

Maymay.

May hadn’t expected to win the competition and she sure as hell didn’t expect to meet One Direction. Sure she had heard of them before but she’d never really done a double take of them, if their music was playing on the radio she’d hum along but that was as far as her knowledge went.

It was May’s younger sister that had convinced her to join in the first place. “Take a gap year Maymay, enter the competition! It’ll be fun!” She had said.

May let out a huff as she sat in the room she was assigned.

“Are you okay?” One of the guys asked, sticking his head around the corner of the open bedroom door to look at May.

“Oh, yeah,” May grumbled, taking a closer look at the guy, dark hair, brown eyes. “Uhh? Zayn!” She guessed, her face flushed red as he chuckled, coming into full view and leaning against the wall a few feet from her.

“You guessed, but yes, I’m Zayn, nice to meet you…” He said politely, waiting for May to introduce herself.

“I may have guessed but I still got it right,” She gave him a cheeky smile before continuing. “I’m May, May Hawk, but everyone calls me Maymay.”

Zayn grinned at her. “So have you finished putting your stuff away? Everyone’s in the lounge area, we’re waiting on one more girl to arrive.” He informed, before motioning for them to go join the others.

“Right!” May got up and followed him out, he sat on an empty two seated couch and patted the spot beside him, and May smiled thankfully, taking a seat as they waited for the last of the girls to arrive.

When the last girl had gotten in and explained why she was late all of them ended up going to a bar to relax.

When the morning came around May was the first one up, she was beginning to relax now, getting hyped about the trip. She waited patiently for everyone else to wake up, choosing to use her own time to get ready before the bathrooms got hogged. When everyone was ready they hoped onto a coach and she wondered what they were going to be doing.

When she heard Noémie say they were going skiing May got nervous but managed to supress showing her nerves, today would be interesting.

As they hopped off and were told to pair up May got distracted by the snow, she had never seen the snow before, and she gave a childish giggle and moved away from the group. Crouching down she took a glove off to touch the snow, a grin on her face.

“Hey, Maymay, you want to be my partner?” Zayn had spotted her crouching over and came to see what she was doing, amusement on his face.

“Huh? Oh, yeah, I’d like that.” She smiled at him as she stood back up and placed her glove back on her hand.

“You’ve never been in snow before.” Zayn observed, bemused before grabbing her hand and dragging her back toward the group “Come on, we don’t want to get lost.”

May caught up to his pace and walked beside him “Where I come from it never snows.” She explained, catching an understanding nod from Zayn.

When they gathered their equipment May picked snowboarding and watched Zayn pick the same before they placed the gear on.

“You’ve never snowboarded before then?” Zayn asked her and she replied with a shake of her head as she watched others.

“This is the beginners course right?” She asked, confirming and he nodded his head. May grinned at him before giving him the thumbs up. “My dad always says, the best way to learn something is to do it!” With a quick shuffle May took off down the small hill, glancing back when she heard Zayn yell in protest before watching him take off after her. She laughed and sent him a wave as she neared the bottom.

He managed to catch up to her. “Do you even know how to stop?” He asked, worried. May shook her head; she hadn’t thought that far ahead. “Here, copy me.” He told her, before making sure that she could see how he stopped. She followed him but wobbled and ended up falling to her butt. “You nearly gave me a heart attack.” Zayn stated, pretending to clutch at his heart.

“S-sorry.” May said, apologizing as she rubbed the back of her head and laughed. Zayn smirked at her, shaking his own head in amazement.

“Do you always just throw yourself into situations like that?” He asked her curiously.

“Sometimes you end up having the most fun if you just plough straight in.” She said matter-of-factly, a grin on her face.

He helped May get up and they went back at it and as the day progressed they ended up stopping snowboarding and instead choosing to throw snowballs at each other. May scooped the snow up and moulded it into a ball before tossing it at Zayn and hitting him in the head. She pointed at him and let out a round of laughter before stopping as he came running at her. She let out a yelp and took off running in the opposite direction but Zayn was faster and he grabbed her, tackling her to the ground.

A smirk crossed his lips as he held up a handful of snow, he leant down and smeared it on her cheek as she squealed from the bitter coldness of it before leaping up and retreating.

“It’s on now, Zayn!” She yelled, getting up and chasing after him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi, I'm Jordy! I'll be writing for Maymay, this is the first time writing anything One Direction related, so any advice or tips to improve would be great! Thank you for reading!