Transcontinental Overload

Lauren.

Lauren was still reeling at the fact that she had won the competition let alone the fact she had met the boys of One Direction and had been flown to the other side of the world. Lauren was a simple country girl who had never been out of her home state and now here she was in France, Chamrousse to be specific.

Lauren had always been a friendly girl and always interested in meeting new people, she had several pen pals scattered around the world so when her mother stumbled across this opportunity Lauren couldn’t pass it up. Her mother, April, was just as excited as she was the two of them spent several days gushing about the possibilities that could arise if she won a spot. However her father, Danny, didn’t share the same excitement and enthusiasm. Danny Malloy didn’t trust the internet or anything electronic he had a cynical approach to the whole technological aspect of the world. He was a simple man, grew up on the land cut off from most electronic devices, he could use a simple phone and use the basics on a television remote but above that he struggled. So the whole idea of his only daughter signing up to a competition that she knew very little about made him uncomfortable and wary. Both Lauren and April had assured him everything would be fine.

“Dad, it’s a safe site, everything will be fine.” Lauren had assured her father when he began to grumble about the scams that floated around ‘cyberspace .

“Darl, I have checked everything out and it’s legitimate, there’s nothing to worry about… plus how is this any different to Wren having pen pals scattered around the globe?”

“They can’t hack into her bank account.” Danny mumbled dryly.

“They can’t hack into my bank account on this either Dad,” Lauren pointed out but couldn’t help the smile stretched across her face and a light giggle escaping her lips at the end of her sentence.

Danny mumbled a few incoherent sentences as he turned and walked out the back door leaving the two girls to laugh at his attitude toward it all.


When the news came that she had won a spot her mother pranced around the house happily gushing words of delight and encouragement to hurry and get her bags packed. However Danny was more subtle with his happiness for his daughter, smiling warmly and giving her a tight hug and whispering ’give ‘em hell,’ in her ear.

Now she’s in France at a Ski Resort with four other beautiful girls from various parts of the world and the five Sex Gods of One Direction. Lauren was sure she was never going to get a better day in her life, ever, not even her marriage or birth of her children could live up to the experiences she would have.
Lauren pulled herself into a padded jacket zipping it up and checking she had everything on that she needed, the others were already outside skiing while she buggerized around double checking she had everything she needed.

“Ay” Lauren spun around at the sound of a thick Irish accent. A smile spread across her face when she saw the blonde singer enter covered in snow.

“Hey,” she greeted back happily, her Australian accent dripping from the word

“Uh…” Niall struggled to remember her name.

“Lauren, me friends call me Wren,” she chuckled helping the Popstar out.

“Right… Wren?” he said her name as a question as he reached up and lifted the goggles from his face his cerulean irises locking with Lauren’s darker, burnt coffee, ones.

“Yep.”

“’Ow come you’re not out skiing wit the rest of the rest of the girls?”

“Just makin’ sure I’ve got everything,” Niall’s eyebrows rose in a questioning manner, “anyways, I think I’ve got everything I need so wanna walk me out?” she asked grabbing her skis and poles before walking toward the exit. Niall didn’t have a chance to utter a word before the girl had walked through the door and into the snow. She was definitely different to say the least.

“So, do ya know how to ski?”

“Absolutely no idea, but that’s the fun of it, ay?” Niall couldn’t help but laugh at her, the bluntness about her was hilarious.

“You’re a funny one.”

“I try, now are you gonna show me how to do this or do I have to struggle myself?” she asked turning her head and looking at him smiling.

“It’s not that hard, just slip you boots into the foot part of the skis, lock yourself in, an’ then use your poles to move.”

“Right, so if I balls this up does that mean I can blame you because you gave me one of the vaguest explanations ever?” Niall’s famous laugh rippled from his lip causing Lauren to turn and look at him, he tried to compose himself but found it hard.

“I’m sorry…” he apologised before laughing again, Lauren shook her head smiling gently before stepping into her skis, locking herself up and gripping her poles taking a deep breath she used them to push herself along.

“I’m moving YAY! I haven’t fallen arse over tit yet!” the brunette cried happily sending Niall into a fit of hysterics. Stopping she turned back and saw that the blonde had doubled over with laughter, awkwardly she turned herself around and moved back over to him.

“Are you okay, it’s not that funny.” She chuckled lightly, “Come on superstar let’s go ski a slope.”

“Are ya serious?” the blonde asked taming his laughter long enough to for a question.

“No of course I’m not serious, if I did that then I would end up seriously hurting myself or possibly dead,” the teenager joked before tugging on the blondes arm, “But we should get away from the entrance.”

“Good point,” the two of them took off, well Niall took off while Lauren was left trying to figure out what how to move faster. Giving up she took off her skis and ran over to where Niall was waiting for her. Slightly breathless due to having to hold everything she chucked everything onto the snow and looked around taking in her surroundings. “Ya ran?”

“Well it was a hell of a lot easier than skiing over,” pausing she wandered over setting herself up again. “Right let’s ski,” with that she pulled and pushed herself around looking like an idiot making the blonde laugh while shooting her helpful pointers on how to look less like an idiot. Either way Lauren was enjoying herself.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi there, I'm Esther and I will be writing for Lauren and Niall.

So excited for this story. So thanks to everyone who is enjoying this so far.
Let us all know what you think :)
Cheers Esther