Transcontinental Overload

Molly.

When Noémie announced that she had snagged some tickets to the Bruleurs de Loups ice hockey game, everyone was excited to go. No one exactly had the appropriate clothing to represent the team since they were from out of town, so they had each went out and bought some team gear in the afternoon before getting ready for the game that evening.

They took four separate taxis to the ice arena since they had all deemed it too far and too cold to walk, and after a fairly short drive, they arrived at the arena, which was abuzz with action.

Molly, Noémie and Eliska all hopped out of the taxi they had taken together and met up with the others, who were waiting at the front door for the tickets Noémie had stashed in her pocket.

“Are you all ready for the game to start?” Noémie asked as she handed a ticket to each of them. “Our driver said it was going to be a good one.”

After everyone had received a ticket, they headed into the arena and to their section, which they soon discovered was right on the glass. They were the best seats to any game that Molly had ever had, and she was excited to see the action up close.

She looked down at her ticket, which read off seat 2A and plopped down in the seat one off from the end. Liam quickly took the one directly next to her and right on the aisle.

“Looks like we’re gonna be sitting together,” Liam said, flashing her a quick smile as he adjusted himself in his seat.

Molly smiled and nodded. “Looks like.”

“Do you wanna go grab some refreshments? I figured we could run up there before there’s a line.”

Molly quickly nodded her head and sat up from her seat. “Great idea. Let’s hurry before everyone else catches on.”

Liam chuckled at that and stood up from his seat just as quickly, the two of them slipping away before anyone had a chance to notice they were leaving. It was a short walk to the nearest refreshment stand in the middle of the arena, and Liam pulled his wallet out of his pocket as they approached it.

“What would you like?” He asked as he pulled a few bills out of his wallet, looking at Molly with a smile.

“Oh, you don’t pay for me,” Molly said, shaking her head as she held out her hands. She reached in her own pocket for the money she’d stashed there, but Liam quickly pushed her hand.

“No, I insist. It’s the least I can do.”

“The least you can do?” Molly chuckled softly as she looked at him with her lip curled up. “You’re the one sleeping on the sofa.”

“Well, it’s a great sofa. I’m lucky to sleep there.” Liam paused for a moment, smiling as he looked at her. “Really, I insist. What would you like?”

The only thing that stopped Molly from resisting further was knowing that he could be their small refreshments a million times over, so she finally told him and he ordered for both of them, handing the cashier a wad of money that he hadn’t even bother to count. She handed him over half the bills back before giving him his change and the refreshments, which they spilt between the two of them.

When they walked back to their seats, the game had just started, but somehow the groups attention was still drawn to them.

“Did you get me anything?” Niall called out from the other side of the aisle, which caused Liam to chuckle and roll his eyes.

“Not a chance,” he said as he moved aside so Molly could take her seat before he sat down in his. “And we cleared the place out too.”

Niall glared at him before dragging Esther up the stairs and to, they assumed, the refreshment stand. Molly looked over at Liam, who was looking at her with his lips pursed, and laughed at his expression.

“You didn’t want to share your popcorn?” She asked as she took a sip from her fruity drink.

He shook his head quickly and laughed. “With Niall? Not a chance. He’d eat it all in one bite.” He paused before tipping the bag in Molly’s direction. “You can have as much as you want, though.”

“Thank you,” Molly said, smiling at him as she grabbed a handful and tossed a few pieces in her mouth. It was completely plain as the arena hadn’t put any butter on it, and Molly wondered if Niall would be disappointed when he found that out. “It’s –”

“Not that great,” Liam finished for her, shrugging his shoulders. “I’m used to the fatty stuff back home.”

Molly nodded her head. “Me too.”

“Are you two going to watch the game or are you just going to keep babbling the whole time?” Harry laughed next to them as he nudged Molly with his elbow. Liam glared at him briefly before looking back at the ice, where two of the players were fighting over the puck.

Liam and Molly continued to talk softly on occasion until the game was over, with Noémie’s home team losing 1-3. She didn’t seem too upset, though, and they all left the arena smiling and chatting.

Noémie hailed a cab first, and Molly and Eliska began walking towards it since they had ridden with her on the way there. Before Molly could take too many steps, Liam reached for her arm and stopped her, causing her to turn back around to face him.

“You can grab a cab with me, if you’d like?” He asked, smiling down at her as he released his hand from her arm.

Molly smiled back at him and nodded her head. “Yeah, that sounds great.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'd love to be able to go to a hockey game in France!
They're the luckiest.

Is everyone enjoying this story so far?
We'd love to know your thoughts!
Any ideas about where they'll go next?

Thanks for reading!
♥ Katie ♥