Transcontinental Overload

Eliska.

“You want to change seat with me?” Louis asked as they all settled onto their assigned seats on the plane. Eliska threw him a questioning look, one of her eyebrows rising. Louis grinned and pointed towards the window next to the girl’s seat. “I thought maybe you don’t wanna sit next the window because you know… height.” Eliska looked away and shook her head lightly, no. She didn’t need sympathy from him. “Are you for some reasons, mad at me?” Once again, she shook her head. She heard Louis let out a sigh but was glad when he left her alone and began conversing with Harry who was sitting in front of him.

She threw her sight out the window, watching the view of the runway. The passengers were still loading into the plane so Eliska took the time to calm her nerves. After about ten minutes, the captain of the flight began talking through the speakers and then, the stewardesses were giving demonstration about what to do if emergency was to happen. The girl however tuned out everything and closed her eyes as she felt the plane began to move. However, she didn’t expect for a hand to be covering hers that was resting on the arm rest. Opening her eyes a little, Eliska looked at her hand before moving her eyes upward and was met with Louis who was smiling warmly at her.

“So… we’re going to your country, huh?” he began, his eyes crinkling at the corner. Eliska nodded, still quiet. She gripped tighter on Louis’ hand when she felt the plane shook a little from the take-off. “How’s it? I’d never been there. Is it a beautiful country?” Once again, she just nodded her head. Louis chuckled at her reaction and patted the top of her hand comfortingly with his free hand. “Breathe, Eliska. It’s fine,” he continued, nudging his chin towards the window. Tentatively, Eliska turned her head and realized that the plane was already on the sky as she could only see the clouds out the window.

“Oh…” she muttered, her face red from blushing. She immediately pulled her hand from his grip and picked up the head phone that was provided and slid it on her head, covering her ears. Then, she closed her eyes, pretending to be asleep. She definitely didn’t see the look Louis was giving her.

*~*~*~*~*~*


After the plane touched down and everyone had taken their luggage, they all made their way towards the arriving hall of the Kuala Lumpur International Airport. There were already a mob of fans waiting with banners and cameras were flashing from all directions. The boys waved towards the screaming fans as Eliska kept her head down, frowning. The girls looked as lost as she was so she was relieved that she wasn't a lone. She’d always hated commotion and this was beyond hectic. Everyone was screaming the boys’ name and she was sure that if it weren’t for the security people, these fans probably would’ve attacked them right now.

They finally made it safely towards the exit and got into their limousine. “Wow, that’s crazy,” Molly commented as they all piled into the vehicle. Eliska then found herself squashed between May and Louis at the back seat and she felt sorry for Zayn who was pressed against the window. Why was everyone squeezed into this one vehicle in the first place?

After everyone had finally settled down, the driver pulled out of the driveway and began driving. Along the way, everyone was looking out at the scenery. Malaysia was definitely different than Grenoble in more ways than one. One major difference was the climate. While in Grenoble, they’re met with the snow and winter, here in Malaysia, it’s hot and dry because it’s the draught season. “The sun’s really bright here.” Eliska heard Harry’s deep drawl commenting and then the driver turned on the air-conditioner to higher level.

And the boys began chatting about the weather now. And in no time, they’re already entering the city of Kuala Lumpur. She heard May let out a gasp from next to her so she turned her attention towards the younger girl. May leaned towards Zayn and tried to look out the window, her head tilting upward. “Those are really high towers,” she commented in awe. Eliska smiled as the attention of everyone in the car shifted and they tried to look out too.

“Those are the Petronas Twin Towers. It’s the highest twin towers in the world,” Eliska began to explain, her tour guide mode switched on. “And that is the Kuala Lumpur Tower. It has a spinning restaurant at the top level,” she continued, not sure her choice of vocabulary was right but she assumed they understood what she meant when everyone just nodded. Louis however frowned at her words.

“What exactly is a spinning restaurant?” Louis asked. Eliska took a moment to answer, wanting her answer to be as accurate as possible. She personally hadn’t been to that restaurant because of obvious reasons but she’d heard people talking about it.

“Erm… the restaurant spins at 360 degree while you eat. And it takes about an hour to finish one round. I heard people said it’s nice up there and the view is beautiful. You can see the upper view of the whole city.” The other occupants of the car nodded their head understandingly. Then, the others began conversing with each other again. May and Zayn were pointing to the buildings out the window. Harry and Noémie were chatting with each other in hushed tone. Molly and Liam were joking around and Lauren was telling Niall some funny stories about her hometown. Suddenly, Eliska felt really left out. Everyone was getting along really well with their partners but she felt like such an anti-social idiot.

It took about an hour later before they reached the bungalow that the production team had provided for them. They should arrived half an hour earlier but they’re caught in the infamous Kuala Lumpur traffic jam near the city centre. By the time they finally made it into the house, everyone was cranky and tired.

Everyone had crashed in the living room, occupying every single chair, couch and sofa in the room. Seeing their tired faces, Eliska smiled a little and went to the producer. “I think it’s better if they just rest in tonight. They’re tired,” she told the producer. The man looked over towards the group and thought for a while before nodded his head. He then went to announce the news to the group as Eliska took her luggage and went to her assigned room.

Setting her luggage by the door, she sat on the bed and took out her phone. She stared at the small device for a moment, contemplating on whether or not she should call her family as she knew the area where they’re staying right now was the same neighbourhood as her own house. But after a while, she decided against it. Her father would be too busy with his business meetings to care whether she’s home or not and her mother was probably out with her other rich housewife friends. She let out a sigh and wiped her face a couple of time, exhaustion washing over her.

“Hey.” She lifted up her head at the voice and saw Louis standing leaning against the door frame. She tried to smile but it turned out forced. He entered the room and took a seat next to her. She instinctively scooted away slightly. “Apparently, the kitchen’s loaded with food. Harry wants to show off his cooking skills. You wanna join in?” She wanted to shake her head and refuse. She really wanted to be alone at the moment but before she could say anything, Louis had cut her off. “Seriously, El. Why do you hate me? You’re just fine with the others. And the other time I even saw you joke around with Harry.”

“I don’t hate you. I thought you hate me,” she said softly, her eyes cast downwards. Louis shot her an incredulous look. “I heard you told Harry that you think I’m a fun-killer.” At her words, Louis burst out into laughter. She just blinked her eyes, watching Louis curiously. Did she just say something funny?

“You heard that? Oh my God! I’m sorry. I was just…” Louis combed his fingers through his hair and shook his head. “I was being an idiot, alright? You were mad at me for that, weren’t you?” Eliska shrugged. “I’m sorry, okay?” Once again, she just shrugged. She wanted to keep being stubborn but at the same time, she knew it wasn’t entirely his fault. So after a few minutes, she let a genuine smile curved upward on her lips and turned to look at Louis.

“No, I’m sorry. I shouldn’t just…” She let her words drifted there, not knowing what to say. Instead, she got up. “Let’s see what Harry has to cook.” Grinning widely, Louis nodded and stood up as well. Together, both of them walked out of the room and made their way towards the kitchen that was already crowded with eight other people by now. But for once, Eliska didn’t mind the crowded space.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey! It's Lina again.

Read, rec, comment and subscribe are love.

Enjoy reading!