Status: COMPLETE!

Thank the Lucky Stars

Epilogue

2 Months Later

Max and Nicole had moved out of New York to Jacksonville, North Carolina. The two of them thought it'd be a great idea to start fresh. They rented an apartment together and the beach was about an hour and a half away from them. Tyler loved the sand and picking up seashells off the beach. Matter of fact the three of them were at the beach right now. Nikki was sitting on a beach towel under an umbrella watching the two boys that stole her heart make sand castles.

"Ready and..." She heard Max saw before turning over the kids pale quickly.

He slowly lifted it up and there was a perfect castle, no cracks and not crumbling. Tyler smiled while clapping his hands.

"You know, I was never able to make a perfect castle." Nikki called out.

"That's because you didn't have the right amount of moisture in the sand. And besides you know that I'm a way better builder than you."

"No you're not. Who's the one that can build a card tower? Hmm?"

"That's not fair, you switched the cards out so they wouldn't work for me."

"How could I do that if you used the same deck that I did?"

"I don't know, I'm still working on that." He said smiling at her. "Where are you going little man?" He asked Tyler when the boy got up and waddled to Nikki.

"Momma."

"What sweetheart?" She asked in a baby voice while extending her arms out.

Tyler went into her arms with a yawn.

"Seems like he's tired."

"Alright. I'll get everything packed, you go get him in the car." Max said kissing her lovingly.

"Sure you're able to handle it?" She asked getting up with Tyler in her arms. "I mean there's been a lot of girls watching you."

She had to admit he was looking pretty hot on the beach with wet hair, shirtless and a six-pack covering his stomach.

"You don't have to worry Nikki. You're the only one that I see." He said giving her a reassuring kiss.

She headed to their car and strapped Tyler in. A few minutes past before Max came to the car and loaded the things up. He started driving back home and the ride was peaceful.

When they got home about an hour and a half later Max carefully took a sleeping Tyler out of the car and told Nikki that he'd get the things later. Nikki went into the kitchen to start unpacking more things while Max layed Tyler down. Nikki was stretching to put a cup up on the shelf when a pair of arm circled around her waist and someone kissed her neck lightly before they rest their head on her shoulder.

"Max, I'm trying to put things up. We've been here three days and only the important stuff is unpacked." She said giggling.

"Can't it wait a little bit longer?" He asked with his lips softly touching her skin as he spoke.

She gently put the cup on the counter and turned to face him. He smiled down at her and gave her a kiss.

"What did you have in mind?"

"I have a couple of things in mind." He said slyly while taking her hand and gently leading her to their bedroom.

Nikki gave a final sigh while Max gave a final groan into her neck. He slowly rolled off of her sweaty body and gave her a long loving kiss. Nicole would've never thought that having sex could feel so good. Max was gentle, passionate, and put her needs and want before his. She knew that Max was the one for her. The two of them layed there a for a few minutes until they heard moving through the monitor.

"Looks like little man is waking up from his nap."

"Seems that way."

"Don't look so sad. We've got a lot more of that in the future." He said smiling at her.

"I'm not sad, just tired. And I'm going to hold you to that." She said smiling at him and got dressed again.

He chuckled and got dressed too. Nikki got Tyler out of his crib and put him on the floor.

"Did you have a nice nap?" She asked sweetly and in return got baby talk.

The two of them walked out of Tyler's room and Max came and picked him up.

"There's the little man." He said before tickling him before walking away with the boy in his arms.

"Max, Tyler's got to learn how to walk on his own feet." She scolded playfully.

"But Nikki-"

"No buts, he's got to learn sooner or later."

"Don't listen to her for now, she doesn't know what she's talking about." He said before putting the boy down onto the floor.

Nikki went into the kitchen to get something to drink when there was a knock on the door.

"Alright. Our pizza is here." Max said going to the door.

"Hey, there Charlie." Nicole heard Max say with a hint of nervousness. "Why don't you come on in."

She walked out of the kitchen and saw Charlie and Lono standing in their living room. She started to get scared, it wasn't a good sign when a mobster and his henchman showed upon your doorstep.

"Nice little place you got here, kids." Lono said.

"Thanks." Max said putting a protective arm around Nikki's waist.

"It took us a lot longer to find you two than expected." Charlie said. "Why's you guys move?"

"We wanted to live all that stuff in New York so we could start new and for my son's sake."

"How's Tyler doing?" Charlie asked nicely.

"He's learning how to walk and talk. I don't mean to be rude but why are you two here?"

"The money." Lono said.

"What money?" Nikki asked completely confused.

"The money your boyfriend conned Charlie out of."

"What's he-"

"I'll go get it." Max said letting Nikki go and heading to the bedroom.

"Momma."

Nikki turned around and saw Tyler standing there with his green and blue stripped blanket. She went to him and picked him up protectively.

"My, he has grown a lot in the past two months." Charlie commented.

Max came out of the room and handed them a briefcase. Lono opened it and it revealed a ton of cash.

"Max." Nikki gasped.

"I'm sorry. I was going to use it for me and Elise so we could get out of town and get married, but that didn't happen. I realized I was in love with Nicole so I broke it off with Elise."

Lono closed the lid and looked at Charlie for orders, he was like an attack dog.

"Well you broke it off with Elise for Nicole, what were you going to do with the money?"

"I was going to buy an engagement ring for Nikki so I could marry her, save some for the wedding, and the rest would go to Tyler for college." Max said truthfully.

Nikki was shocked at what she just heard come out of Max's mouth, Charlie was thinking about something and Lono scoffed.

"C'mon Charlie the kid stole your money. Let's just finish this."

"Would you really kill a woman and leave a baby without it's mother? And take away the guy that is practically a father to that woman's son?" Nikki asked challenging Lono.

"Max, be honest with me. Is that what you're really going to do?"

"Yes, sir."

"Lono." Charlie said motioning for the briefcase.

Lono opened it and Charlie took out four to five bundles of cash.

"That should get your son through college." Charlie said to Nikki then looked at Max. "And this should get you the perfect ring and throw the perfect wedding."

Nikki almost dropped Tyler from shock. They weren't going to die?

"Thank you Charlie." Max said gratefully.

"If I ever see you three again, I better see a big rock on her finger." Charlie warned.

"Trust me, you will." He said wrapping an arm around Nicole's waist. "Right Nikki?" He asked her looking at her hopefully.

"How can I say no to you and your beautiful blue eyes?"

He smiled at her and kissed her. Tyler squealed happily and started poking Max's face. They two of them broke a part with a chuckle.

"What is it little man?" He said taking Tyler.

"I wish you three the best of luck." Charlie said.

Nikki went to Charlie and kissed his cheek then kissed Lono's cheek before going back to Max.

"Thank you guys." She said happily.

"Nicole, if Max does anything wrong let me know. You're smart, you'll know how to find me."

"Don't worry Charlie, I'd never do anything to these two. Ever."

"Keep it that way." Charlie said with a little smile before escorting himself and Lono out the door leaving the new family undead and unharmed.