‹ Prequel: Chances Taken
Sequel: The Three C's

Chances Risked

Chapter Eleven

“What the hell are you doing here, Marshall?” Seguin asked, he was all decked up in his practice hear and holding his stick while coming over towards me and I saw some of his teammates coming out onto the ice.

“Just helping my cousin with her hockey,” I said and he and Marchand looked at Dana and nodded their heads towards her and I looked back and saw she had a bright smile on her face, “Dana, meet Tyler Seguin and Brad Marshand, boys, meet one of your biggest fans.”

“Nice,” Tyler laughed and Brad smirked and shook his head, “Bet that goes over well with you and your brother.”

I shrugged my shoulders and smirked, seeing Chara skating over with Horton and Lucic and I heard Dana squeak because she loved Milan Lucic. I giggled and nodded my head towards the boys, “What’s up guys?”

“You warmin’ the ice up for us, Marshall?” Lucic asked and I smirked and nodded my head.

“What’s going on?” Chara asked and I looked back towards Dana to see that she looked really excited and looked like she wasn’t breathing.

“Dana,” I said and she looked at me and I giggled, “Breathe girl,” I laughed and heard the guys’ chuckle, “This is my cousin, she’s in from Vancouver for spring break,” I explained and the guys nodded their heads.

“Yeah, and apparently she’s one of our number one fans,” Tyler said and Lucic and Horton laughed.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah, laugh it up, she went to the dark side,” I said and even Chara chuckled.

“Who can deny all this?” Tyler said and I rolled my eyes.

“It’s not all that,” I said and motioned towards Tyler, “She can’t deny all that!” I said and then motioned towards Milan.

“What?” he laughed.

“Hey, hey! Look who it is?!” I heard and smiled when I saw my favorite Finnish coming over.

“What’s up, Tuuk?” I giggled as he came over towards me and threw his arm around my neck, which was heavy because he had his gear on.

“So what’s she been teaching you?” I heard and saw Lucic and Horton moving closer to Dana and I smiled, she was living out a dream.

‘…Come on girl, use your words…’ I giggled when I saw her struggle a little bit and then start to talk to them about what we’ve been going over while I talked to Tuukka and the others, “So how was your game against the Flyers?” I asked and the guys rolled their eyes, they won, but just like us and almost every team, they hated the Flyers.

“That Kokorin is a fuckin’ dick!” Tyler said and I nodded my head.

“Trust me, agree to that two hundred percent,” I said and the guys chuckled, remembering seeing me being flown over the benches, “We play them again in like a week,” I said and the guys nodded their heads.

“They were bad before, but with this guy, it’s like a whole new hatred for them,” Brad said and I smirked.

“I’m surprised they let this guy still in the NHL,” Chara said and I nodded my head, “What- He hasn’t finished his first season and he’s been suspended like four times?”

“Yeah, he gave the rookie in Calgary a career ending injury- A freakin’ rookie,” I said and then sighed, “This guy gives me the creeps.”

“Picked a fight with Big Z the other day,” Tuuka said and I smirked towards Chara.

“I saw, was watching the game, I was so pissed at those refs for breaking it up,” I said and the guys chuckled, “Serious, he seriously needs to get his ass kicked!”

“What? You’re not gunna give it to him?” Tyler said and I rolled me eyes.

“Sadly, I know my limit, and I know there’s no way that I could kick his ass. Maybe hurt ‘em, but nowhere near doing to him what I did to you,” I said and he scoffed and rolled his eyes. I heard a whistle and looked to see the Bruins Coach coming onto the ice, “Well, we’ll let you guys go, have fun.”

“Yeah, thanks,” they said and I giggled.

“Come on, Dana.”

“Can we stay and watch them practice?” she asked and I smirked and nodded my head.

“Go shower up and then come back out here, they’ll be here for a while,” I said and she nodded her head and walked off towards the Penguins locker room.

I went to the bench and changed out of my skates, putting my sneakers back on and then hearing my name when I was tying my shoes. I looked up and saw the Bruins coach coming over, “Hey, sorry to keep your players up,” I said and he nodded his head, “Just wanted them to meet a fan or yours,” I said and he smirked, “Well, good luck tomorrow.”

“You too,” he said and I stood up, grabbed my skates and headed towards the locker room, where I was going to wait for Dana.

-Mike-
“Mikey, I’m nervous,” Emma said as she sat on the table in the doctor’s office.

“Em, it’s all right,” I said and then stood up and walked over towards her, “Whatever happens happens,” I said and then hugged her because she looked and felt scared.

“What if I am pregnant?” she asked and I sighed and kissed her head.

“Then you’re pregnant,” I said and cupped her face, “There’s nothing wrong with that, I love you and I’m going to take care of you.”

The doctor walked back into the office, we had been here a while and she had done a few different tests on Emma, “Well Ms. Garner, your results are in and you are indeed pregnant,” she said and I felt Emma tense against me, “Congratulations.”

“Thank you,” I said and looked at Emma to see that the look on her face was saying that she didn’t really know what to think. The doctor left the room and I kissed Emma’s head, “It’s gunna be all right, babe.”

“You’re not mad?” she asked and I looked at her.

“Why would I be mad?” I asked and she sighed, “I know it’s not planned but- I don’t know, it’s pretty cool.”

“I feel like a whore?” she said and I looked at her.

“Why- Is this about Letang?” I asked and Emma looked at me, “God damn, you and Maggie really need to stop comparing this situation to what Letang did. No one cheated on one another, I love you, you love me-“

“We’re a happy family,” she sang and I rolled my eyes and snorted.

“Yeah, yeah, not with a great big hug,” I smirked and hugged her, hearing her laugh, “And a kiss from me to you-“

“I love you, Mikey,” Emma said and I smiled as she pressed her lips onto mine and I cupped her face.

“Everything’s gunna be all right, Emma, I promise,” I said and she smiled and nodded her head.

-Maggie-
“Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god!”

“Dana, holy shit girl, calm down, you’re gunna scare them away,” I laughed as we leaned against the boards and saw some of the Bruins coming over.

“How’d you like the practice?” Lucic asked and Dana smiled and nodded her head.

“Nice shirt, surprised you let her wear it,” Horton said and I rolled my eyes when they were talking about Dana’s Bruins shirt, “Who’s name’s on the back?”

Dana smiled brightly and then turned around and we saw a bright smile and Lucic, “Aw shucks.”

“I told ya,” I said and he chuckled.

“So what position are you?” Tyler asked and Dana smirked.

“Left winger,” she said and I smirked.

“Ah, like your cousin here,” Horton said and I smirked and nodded my head.

“Why don’t you tell them your number?” I smirked because Lucic would get a kick out of this.

“Seventeen,” she said and he smirked.

“She’s from Vancouver, Looch,” I said and he smirked because that’s where he’s from as well.

“Been following me a while, huh?” he asked and Dana smiled and nodded her head.

“Since you started with the Vancouver Giants in 2004,” she said and the guys laughed and Milan smirked and nodded his head, “My dad took me to my first game that year.”

“Fell in love with the sport then?” he asked and she smirked.

“Well, it’s always been in my blood,” she said and looked at me, “You just helped me love it a little more.”

“Told ya she was a big fan,” I said, still leaning against the boards. We ended up taking some pictures, Dana stood with Milan for one, and then she stood with the group of guys for the others, an excited look on her face for each picture.

“Hey Marshall!” Lucic called as Dana and I started to walk away, “Send me that picture, I want to know my biggest fan!”

“Sure,” I said and Dana squealed and I laughed.

“Did I ever tell you I love you and thank you so much!!!” she yelled and then hugged me and I laughed.

“Love you too, Dana.”