‹ Prequel: Chances Taken
Sequel: The Three C's

Chances Risked

Chapter Twelve

I was in my laundry room throwing some clothes into the washer when I felt someone come up behind me and I saw Dana, “Um,” I looked at her confused because she had a weird look on her face, “Uh, why are- You’ve got-“

“Spit it out girl,” I giggled and she sighed.

“Someone’s at your door,” she said and I nodded my head and then stood up straight.

“Can you finish throwing those in the washer for me?” I asked and she nodded her head and walked into the room while I walked out. I walked over towards the door, seeing the top of two heads threw the high window in the door. I opened the door and my eyes widened and I smiled brightly.

“Hey beautiful!”

“Pat!” I squealed and then wrapped my arms around him and felt him pick me up from ground and spin me around, “What are you doing here?” I giggled as I cupped his face.

“We had a little break and you’re home, so- Here we are!” he said and I smiled as he put me back on the ground and looked to see Jon next to him.

“Hi,” I smiled and hugged Jon and felt him pull me into his side.

“I had to come and make sure he came back to us,” Jon said and I giggled, “Didn’t know if you were going to keep him here.”

“I would try,” I said and smiled towards Pat, “How long do I have you?”

“Till Thursday,” Pat said and I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck and felt his arms around my waist. Today was Tuesday, the thirteenth of March, Pat had a home game against the Blues last night and the Blackhawks won in a shootout, I knew their next game wasn’t until this Friday where they played in Dallas against the Stars. I smiled and kissed Pat’s cheek and then pulled him and Jon into the house, “Some girl answered the door before and then kind of shut it in our faces.”

“Oh,” I let out a laugh, “That’s Dana.”

“You’re cousin?” Pat asked and I nodded my head, he knew that she was in town because I was helping her with her hockey.

“Yeah, but she had that star-struck look on her face,” Jon said and I giggled.

“Well, she did meet the Bruins the other day, so I’m sure she’s just excited to meet more players,” I said and they smirked, “Dana!” she peaked her head around the corner from the kitchen and I giggled, “Come ‘ere, silly. I want you to meet-“

“Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews,” she smiled brightly and I nodded my head, “Sorry about the whole door thing-“

“At least you didn’t slap or poke me like this one or Emma,” Pat said and I giggled and shrugged my shoulders. Pat came up behind me and wrapped his arms around my waist and I leaned back into his chest, “We get to see one of your games this time.”

“Awesome,” I smiled, “You’re going to the Ranger game?” I asked and he nodded his head and Jon smirked.

“So how many games have you seen so far?” Jon asked Dana and she smiled.

“Um, the Coyotes, Maples Leafs, Panthers and Bruins,” she said and I was proud to say that we won every single one so far.

“Cool, bet you’re having fun with Mags?” Pat said and Dana smiled and nodded her head.

“We were actually going to head to the rink to work on more drills,” I said and Dana turned around and disappeared, probably to get her gear, “Wanna come?”

“Sure,” Jon and Pat said and I smiled and then pressed my lips against Pat’s and wrapped my arms around him again.

“Come on, come on, come on!!!” Dana yelled and I giggled and nodded my head and watched as she disappeared into the garage.

“She’s excited,” Jon said and I nodded my head, “How long have you been working with her?”

“Uh, about nine days, she’s getting better,” I said and Pat smirked. We laughed when we heard the car horn in the garage and I shook my head, “Better hurry before she drives off without us.”

-Kane-
“She’s not bad,” I said and Jon nodded his head as we watched as Maggie helped her cousin with her footwork and showing her some tricks to keep the puck away from opponents.

“Naw, I’m guessing she wants to be the next girl in the NHL,” Jon said and I chuckled and nodded my head, “We better step it up or girls will be taking over.”

“No doubt about it,” I laughed and shook my head.

“Maggie, Maggie, Maggie, Maggie!” Jon and I turned our heads to the excited voice and saw a blonde flash go past the bench and onto the ice, she screamed when she almost fell, but slid into Maggie.

“Jesus Em, what the hell?!” Maggie yelled and then laughed. Emma said something because Maggie’s eyes widened and her mouth was opened, “What?!” Emma repeated it and Maggie screamed and laughed and they hugged.

“What the hell?” I asked and Jon chuckled and nodded his head.

“Em, come on, don’t run off like that!” I heard and turned to see Mike showing up. He looked over towards us and his eyes widened, “What the hell?”

“Yo,” I said and waved towards him and he smirked and shook his head.

“Mikey, Mikey, Mikey, Mikey!” Maggie skated over towards Mikey and practically jumped him, “Congratulations!”

“What’s goin’ on?” Jon asked and I shook my head.

“Hell if I know,” I said and we both walked over towards them.

“Well look what the cat dragged it?!” Mike said as he smirked and looked at me, “When did ya’ll get in?”

“Today,” we said and I leaned against the glass and he nodded his head.

“When are you here till?” Emma asked as she came over and I watched as Mike pulled her to his side.

“Thursday,” Jon said and Emma smiled.

“Good, then you get to see us kick the Rangers asses!” Mike said and I smirked and nodded my head.

“So what’s the big news?” I asked and looked towards Maggie and Dana who were smiling brightly.

“I’m pregnant,” Emma said and I smiled and nodded my head towards her.

“Congratulations,” Jon and I said together and we shook Mike’s hand and patted his back.

“When are you gunna tell the guys?” Maggie asked and Mike smirked.

“Tomorrow before the game,” he said and Maggie nodded her head, “How long have you been here?”

“A while, gettin’ ready to head out soon,” Maggie said and then smiled towards me.

“Cool, let me call Nicky and we can all get some food,” Mike said and we all nodded our heads, “Did he tell you his news?”

“No, what?”

“Apparently the little twerp has a girlfriend,” Mike said and Maggie laughed.

“Aw, I’m gunna torture the little bastard,” Maggie smirked and I looked towards Jon and laughed.

“Wonderful siblings, huh?” I said and he laughed and nodded his head.

“Dana, go shower up,” Maggie said and we moved out of the way so that the girl could head towards the locker room.

“We’ll meet you at home,” Emma said and Maggie nodded her head and we watched as Emma and Mike walked off and I looked towards a smiling Maggie.

“I’m gunna be an Auntie!” she said and I chuckled. I heard Jon’s phone going off and he walked down the hall to answer it. Maggie stepped off of the ice and I pulled her into me and then pressed my lips against hers and felt her arms wrap around my neck, “I’m happy that you’re here.”

“I’m glad that I could surprise you,” I said and she giggled and leaned her forehead against mine, she cupped my neck and rubbed her thumb against my cheek and then pressed her lips against mine again and I slipped my hands into her back pockets and roughly grabbed her ass and she giggled and pulled her face back.

She kissed my cheek and then smiled at me, “You seem to be able to surprise me a lot lately.”