‹ Prequel: Chances Taken
Sequel: The Three C's

Chances Risked

Chapter Fourteen

-Kris-
“Come on Maggie, keep going, keep going!” Sidney was yelling on the bench as we watched as Maggie was pushing her way through the Rangers.

Marc Staal was coming up behind her and she knew it. Maggie passed the puck to Mike who shot it towards James, Maggie pushed herself in front of the net, James passed it to Geno, Maggie called for it, Geno looked like he was going to tip the puck into the net, but passed it to Maggie, who threw the puck in-between Rangers’ goalie, Martin Biron’s legs. He was too slow to react and Maggie threw herself into the boards and was attacked by Geno, James, Matt and Mike for her goal.

We all stood and cheered for Maggie’s goal and I looked towards the jumbotron to see it again, but as soon as the finished showing the replay, I noticed that they brought up two people on the screen wearing white jerseys and cheering. When I saw ‘Blackhawks: Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews’ appeared on the screen, my eyes widened and I glared towards the ice, not liking that they were here. It all made perfect sense now on why Maggie was moving a little slowly tonight.

‘…What the fuck is he doing here?...’ I thought as Maggie and the others came over and we held out our hands to congratulate them on the goal, we were now three to one in the middle of the second period.

-Maggie-
By the end of the second period, we were all in the locker room for intermission. I was sitting on the bench trying to catch my breath because I was still tired from last night. The score was three to two and I was so happy when I got that goal because I was kicking myself for going another round with Pat last night. My whole body was sore, especially my back and legs.

“Nice goal, Mags,” Sidney said and I smiled and nodded my head towards him.

“Thanks, I got a little lucky on that one, I hit it pretty weakly,” I said and he nodded his head, realizing that I noticed my mistakes.

“I’ll say lucky,” I heard and looked up to see Kris looking at me.

“Excuse me?” I asked because I didn’t like the way he said it.

“Dude, come on, don’t start anything,” Matt said to him and Kris just looked at me.

“You’re off your game today, Maggie,” Kris said and I gripped my stick.

“How ‘bout you worry about your own game, Letang, I haven’t seen you score in three weeks,” Mike said and I put my hand on his shoulder.

“Don’t worry about him,” I said and then took my gloves off and grabbed the tape from the top shelf of my stall so that I could retape my stick.

“I might not have scored, but at least I have energy for this game,” he said and I looked at him, “I wasn’t busy fucking someone last night.”

“Enough, Tanger!” Sidney said and I glared at him.

“I saw him, him and Toews,” he said and I smirked.

“They came to visit me,” I said and sat up straight, “I didn’t realize that was a problem. What are you, jealous?”

“Guys, stop!” Geno said and I felt a hand on my shoulder and saw James looking at me.

“Let it go,” he said and I sighed and went back to taping my stick.

I looked up when I heard Kris growled and then walk out of the locker room, ‘…What’s his problem?...’ I sighed and shook my head and started to tape my stick.

“Mags,” I looked up, Sidney was looking at me, “Don’t let Kane affect your game.”

“He’s not,” I said and Sidney just gave me a look and I sighed and nodded my head and went back to taping my stick.

“And don’t listen to Kris either,” Sidney said as he stood up, tapped my shoulder and walked out of the locker room, probably to go after Kris.

‘…Why would I want to listen to what that bastard has to say anyways?...’ I thought as I wiped down the tape and looked towards James to see that he was fixing his hair in the mirror, “Oh my god Nealer! Your hair is fine!” I yelled and the guys laughed, happy to get the awkward tension out of the air.

-Kane-
I smiled brightly as the game ended and the score was five to two, Penguins. Jon, Dana, Nick, his girlfriend and I were up in one of the suites. Jon and I were on the balcony the whole time, other than intermission or when we needed another beer. I saw that after Maggie’s goal, when Jon and I stood up to cheer, both supporting number 46 away jerseys, we were spotted and appeared on the jumbotron. I don’t know if the fans noticed us or what, but we weren’t booed because we were wearing Penguin jerseys.

After the game we waited in the suite until Maggie came up to get us. When she was in Chicago, we just had her come to the locker room, but she told us that she would find us because she didn’t want anything to happen. Meaning that she didn’t want Letang to see us and start something.

About forty five minutes after the game, Maggie appeared in the suite and she was engulfed into hugs by her younger brother and cousin. Jon and I walked off of the balcony and over towards her to congratulate her win. Jon hugged her first and then I walked over towards her and pulled her into a big hug, picking her off of the ground and kissing her cheek.

“You were spotted,” she said lowly and I looked at her.

“Letang?” I asked and she sighed and nodded her head, “Fuck ‘em.”

She smiled towards me and then wrapped her arms around my neck and I smirked and held her, “I’m really happy that you’re here, Pattie.”

“I’m happy to be here, babe,” I said and then looked up to see Mike and Emma walk into the room, “Did he tell the team.”

“Yeah,” she smiled and I wrapped my arm around her shoulder and pulled her into my side, “They were busting him about it’s his fault that we can’t keep someone in the photography position,” she giggled and I smirked, “Not his fault, but it’s true.”

“But she’ll stay, right?” I asked and Maggie nodded her head.

“Oh yeah, she’ll stay until she has the baby, or when she’s close,” she said and I nodded my head, “But we’ll need to hire a new person when she has the baby.”

“When’s she due?”

“December fourth is her due date,” Maggie said a huge smile on her face.

“You just can’t wait to be an Aunt,” I chuckled.

“Oh, I’m gunna spoil that baby rotten,” she said and I laughed and kissed her head.

-Maggie-
We were walking into the parking garage towards my Escalade; I was walking next to Dana, her arm around my waist and mine around her shoulders. We were laughing at something goofy Nick had told his girlfriend during the game and she couldn’t stop laughing.

“So tomorrow are we gunna practice again?” Dana asked and I smiled and nodded my head.

“I’m gunna teach you some of my moves that you can use in your games,” I said and she smiled brightly and hugged me.

“Thanks so much for doing this,” she said and I nodded my head.

I was about to say something when I heard yelling and turned around. Jon and Pat were following close behind us, but when I turned around, I saw Kris coming over towards us, “Get in the car,” I said to Dana and pushed her forward and she nodded her head. Kris pushed Pat into Pascal’s SUV and Jon got between them to stop the fighting, but Kris threw a punch and I saw Jon move back, “Knock it off!” I yelled and jogged over and grabbed Kris’ arm when he was going to punch Pat and threw it to the side and pushed Kris back, “Stop it, Kris!”

“Don’t get all fuckin’ pissy because you fucked up and lost her!” Pat yelled from behind me and I held out my arms and made sure he didn’t get around me.

“I made one mistake! One!” he yelled and came forward quickly and I stepped forward and he stopped.

“That’s all it takes, Kris,” I said and then pushed him back, “Go home!”

He looked like he was going to try and lunge at Pat, but I was still in front of him. He was still moving forward and I was pushed back. I put my hands on Kris’ chest and tried to push him, but this time he wasn’t bugging so easily. I could see Jon trying to get Pat and Kris apart because the two of them were in a screaming and pushing and shoving match and I was in-between the two.

“KRIS!!!” I heard someone yell and knew that it was someone coming to help stop this.

I saw Geno, James and Pascal appear behind Kris and started to pull him back, while I held my arms out for Pat to not go after him. As Kris was about to throw a punch towards Pat, the guys pulled him back and Kris’ fist collided with my cheek and lip and my face snapped to the side.

“You fuckin’ prick!” Pat yelled and I turned around and pushed Pat against the car and Jon helped to try and calm him down.

“I’m ok, I’m ok, Pat, stop!” I said and Pat looked at me and then grabbed my face and turned it so that he could see the little cut in my lip from when his fist collided, I accidently bit down hard on my lip.

“You sure?” he asked and I nodded my head and put my hand on his arm.

“Go to the car,” I said and Pat looked at me, “Please, babe, just go to the car,” he sighed and then glared at Kris who I could hear struggling against the guys holding him, “Pattie,” I said and he sighed.

“Come on man,” Jon said and started to push Pat along and I nodded my head towards Jon and watched as they got into my car.

I took a deep breath before turning around and glaring at Kris, “What the hell was that about?!”

“Mags!” James just looked at me, he had his arms around Kris’ chest, “Just go home, all right, we’ll get this.”

“What’s going on?!” I heard and turned to see Sidney running over, “Mags?” I felt him grab my face and see the forming bruise, “Kris, what happened?”

“The fuckin’ kid shouldn’t even be here!” Kris yelled and Sidney stepped in front of me and looked at him.

“So you punch Maggie?” he asked and I put my hand on his back.

“No, he tried to punch Pat, but I got in the way,” I explained and Sidney looked at me and then looked towards my car. I saw Jon standing against the door, probably trying to make sure that Pat didn’t get out.

“Go home Maggie, I’ll handle this, I’ll call you tomorrow,” Sidney said and I nodded my head.

“I’ll probably be here with Dana,” I said and Sidney nodded his head and then watched as I walked towards my car and looked at Jon.

“You all right?”

“Yeah, is he all right?”

“Pissed off,” he said and I sighed and nodded my head and opened my door to see a worried Dana in the passenger seat.

“Let’s go home.”