‹ Prequel: Chances Taken
Sequel: The Three C's

Chances Risked

Chapter Fifteen

“He did what?!” Mike yelled as he looked angrily at me. I was sitting on the counter in the kitchen, Pat came over and gave me a bag of frozen carrots and I placed it on my lip and cheek, “I’m gunna kill ‘em!”

“It’s over Mikey!” I said and then heard the front door slam and turned to see Nick appear in the kitchen doorway.

“Emma told me something happen! What happened?” Nick yelled and looked at me and then towards Pat, “What did you do?!” he growled and when to lunge forward, but Mike grabbed him.

“Easy there, Rambo, Kane didn’t do it,” Mike said and I sighed and looked at Pat to see him looking at me, his hand was on my knee and was looking at me sadly.

“Letang did this?” Nick asked and Mike nodded his head and Nick glared at the ground.

“I think I’m just gunna go to bed,” I said and Mike nodded his head, “It’s late.”

“I’ll be up soon,” Pat said and I nodded my head and then gave Jon a side hug before patting Mike and Nick’s shoulders and heading for the freezer to threw the frozen bag back in and then heading for the stairs to go to my room.

-Kane-
“So what was the fight about?” Mike asked me as Maggie left the kitchen to head up to her room.

“He was pissed because we’re here,” I said and Mike nodded his head.

“Yeah, I got that while we were in the locker room,” Mike said and I looked at him confused, “Your faces appeared on the jumbotron and he saw you,” he said and I nodded my head, “Picked a fight with Maggie after the second period.”

“Why?” I asked and he sighed.

“We all noticed that she was off her game today, I’m guessing that that’s your doing?” Mike asked and Jon snickered and I blushed and rubbed the back of my neck awkwardly.

“Yeah, sorry about that,” I said and he rolled his eyes, sighed and nodded his head.

“All right, whatever, just- just get up there with her, you don’t get a lot of time with Mags,” he said and I looked at him, “I doubt you want to be here talking to us.”

I nodded my head and then said night to everyone and headed out of the kitchen, upstairs and towards her room. I could hear Maggie’s muffled voice behind the door, but I didn’t know who she was talking to. I walked into the room and found her to be sitting in the middle of her bed in a tank top and cotton shorts.

“Yes Sid, I’m all right, it stings a little, but nothing I’ve never felt before,” she said and I walked over towards my suitcase to lay out my clothes for tomorrow and sighed, we were leaving tomorrow morning, “Yeah, Dana and I will probably be there around ten,” Maggie said and I pulled my shirt off and then kicked my jeans off and walked over towards her bathroom so that I could brush my teeth, “All right, I’ll see you there tomorrow then.”

I walked back into the room and over to the bed to see Maggie placing her phone on the nightstand then looking back at me. I climbed onto the bed and then sat on the other side of the bed and leaned my back against the headboard. Maggie looked at me and then climbed onto my lap, wrapped her arms around my neck and then hugged me.

“You all right?” I asked and she nodded her head against my neck.

“Sidney’s pretty pissed, pretty sure I’m gunna get one of his famous lectures tomorrow,” she said and I looked at her and kissed her forehead.

“Didn’t mean to get you in trouble,” I said and she smirked and shook her head.

“You didn’t,” she said and I nodded my head and then moved down the bed and laid back onto my pillow, Maggie cuddled into my side, “I wish you could stay longer.”

“Me too, babe,” I said and then looked down at her and then leaned in and gently pressed my lips against hers because I could already see the bruise forming on her face where Letang punched her. Even if it was on accident, I was still angry.

We ended up just falling asleep, she stay tucked in at my side, and throughout the night, I felt her dogs jump onto the bed with us and one laying their head on my leg, since they stayed towards the end of the bed, and the other not afraid to come to the top, and lay their head on my chest.

‘…What am I? A pillow?...’ I thought and tried not to laugh because this was pretty funny.

-Maggie-
“Sprint off, Dana!” I yelled, “Once you hit that line, you want to create a breakaway!” I watched as Dana kicked into the ice and used her leg muscles to skate faster, “Good, good.”

“Maggie,” I heard from behind me and turned around to see Sidney leaning against the boards inside the bench. I sighed and skated over towards him and pushed myself up onto the boards so that I was sitting next to where he was leaning.

“All right Sid,” I sighed again, “Lay it on me.”

“You think I’m going to lecture you?” he asked and I looked at him and nodded my head, “I did plenty of that to Kris yesterday.”

“What’s gunna happen-“

“Do you still have feelings for him?” Sidney asked and my eyes widened.

“I’m always gunna have something for him, Sid, he was my first love,” I said, looking back onto the ice and watching as Dana practiced some of the shootout moves I taught her, “But if you’re wondering if I plan on getting back with him- Then no.”

“I think you need to tell him that,” he said and I looked at you, “He still loves you.”

“I know,” I said and then sighed, “But I’m happy with Pat, I don’t want him back.”

“Yeah, that’s another thing,” Sidney said and I looked at him, “You know the rules!” he said and playfully punched me.

“Yeah, sorry,” I said and blushed, “He surprised me and I kind of- sort of, maybe jumped him,” I smirked and Sidney smirked and shook his head.

“Yeah well, no more jumping the kid before a game! You were definitely slagging out there,” he said and I nodded my head.

“You’re right, sorry, won’t happen again,” I said and Sidney nodded his head. I wanted to ask what happened in the garage after I left, but I decided against it, “Does Coach know?”

“Yeah,” he said and I groaned.

“You two are probably gunna get extra work at practice tomorrow,” Sidney said and I sighed, “Sorry, he walked in a few minutes after you left.”

“It’s not your fault,” I said and then shook my head, “Damn.”

“Just make sure you get plenty of rest tonight, no screwing around with Kane,” Sidney chuckled.

“He left this morning to head to Dallas, they have a game tomorrow,” I said and Sidney looked at me.

“Oh,” he said and I nodded my head, “So how you meet him? I mean other than the ice.”

“The All Star game last year, I was on his team and- I don’t know, a friendship kind of formed with him, Toews and Keith. I guess really, feelings started to form when he just showed up for Christmas after I told him what happened on Christmas Eve at Mario’s house. He just dropped everything and came to Pittsburgh, Sid,” I said and Sidney nodded his head.

“I heard about that, I was pretty impressed,” he said and I smirked.

“I didn’t really want to feel something for him,” I said and then looked at Sidney, “But after I went to see him for New Year’s, and when he took me to the zoo for my birthday just so his team could turn his apartment into a surprise birthday party- I don’t know, it just gave me this feeling of hope that my heart wouldn’t stay broken for long.”

“Will you leave Pittsburgh?” Sidney asked and I smirked and shook my head.

“Why does everyone keep asking that?” I asked and Sidney chuckled.

“We love you Mags, we’re just- We’re worried,” he said and I nodded my head.

“Don’t worry Sid, my contract ends in 2014, that’s when you have me until,” I said and he nodded his head.

“But then after you’re leaving?” he asked and I shrugged my shoulders.

“How ‘bout we wait until it’s 2014 to decide that?” I said and Sidney smirked and nodded his head.

“So how’s she doing?” Sidney asked as he motioned towards Dana, who was currently bouncing the puck at the end of her stick looking bored.

“She’s doing pretty good,” I said and smiled, “You know, her parents really aren’t too keen on her playing hockey, but she’s hell bent on wanting to be like me.”

“Bet you’re happy about that,” Sidney said and I giggled.

“Yeah, the NHL can use more women to show you ass up, Crosby,” I teased and Sidney laughed and rolled his eyes.

“Is that how it is?!” he asked and I smirked and patted his cheek.

“Yeah but, so her parents don’t like it, so in the summer when all the other kids are at hockey camp and stuff, she’s stuck at him practicing on her own because they won’t pay for it,” I said and Sidney nodded his head, “So I told her this morning that this summer she can come with Mike and me to train with Ryan,” I said talking about my trainer, “She was excited.”

“That’ll be pretty cool for her, getting professional training,” he said and I nodded my head, “You go to California, right?”

“Yeah, but Ryan told us at the end of last summer that he was moving to- I think Colorado, so if we still wanted to be with him, we have to go to Colorado.”

“Will you?”

“Oh yeah, Mike and I like him, so we’re gunna follow him,” I said and Sidney nodded his head, “Had to sell our little condo in LA though, that was really depressing,” I said and Sidney let out a laugh.

“You know I train in Colorado,” Sidney said and I looked at him, “With a few other guys.”

“Really?” I asked and he nodded his head, “Cool, so we’ll be with you in the summer.”

“That’ll be cool.”