‹ Prequel: Chances Taken
Sequel: The Three C's

Chances Risked

Chapter Eighteen

-Mike-
We had out game against the Senators on Saturday, and even though we thought that we were going to do well, we sadly lost with the final score of eight to four. The next day we had another home game and played the Devils again and won with the score of two to five.

Today was Monday, the day that I was going to propose to Emma and I was terrified. I didn’t think she was going to turn me down, but for whatever reason, I was so nervous it was starting to make me nauseous. We were in the middle of practice and I kept stealing glances at her as she took pictures of us for the team website and for the magazine. My head honestly wasn’t in the practice, I kept rehearsing what I was going to do, what I was going to say, having to remind myself that Coach had the ring and planned to give it to me after practice.

I was so relieved when he blew the whistle telling us that we were finished, then a whole new set of nerves set in and I took a deep breath as everyone came over and started to back my chest, shoulder and back quietly wishing me luck before the skated off of the ice. Coach came over towards me and quickly slipped me the small box and I pushed it up my sleeve and under my arm bands, hoping that it’ll stay there.

Coach left the ice and I skated over towards the bench to see Emma leaning against the boards, smirking towards me and then taking some pictures as I came closer towards her, “What are those for? The website?” I smirked and stood in front of her, the only thing separating us was the board stopping at our waist.

“Maybe,” she giggled, “Or maybe for me,” she said and I threw my gloves off, placed my hands on her neck and pressed my lips onto hers.

I pulled back smirking and she giggled, “Come on,” I said and she looked at me confused, “Come on, remember on how I use to take you on the ice after practice?”

“I remember,” she smiled, “I don’t know about this,” she said and I took a quick peak towards the hallway to see faces squished together trying to watch this.

“It’ll be all right,” I said and then opened the door, “I never let you fall before.”

“All right,” she giggled and I took her hand and watched as she put her camera on the bench and slowly placed one foot on the ice. I grabbed her other hand and she stepped out onto the ice and giggled towards me, “Slippery.”

“Really?” I chuckled and pulled her back.

“Ah! Mike, careful!” she laughed and I smirked and pulled her around the ice for a few minutes, she had a bright smile on her face and laughing a little, “We haven’t done this in so long.”

“I know,” I said and pulled her to the middle of the ice. I pressed my lips against hers and pulled her close to me. I felt her arms wrap arm my neck and she had to reach up because since I was in my gear, my skates made me two or three inches taller. I pulled make and I placed my hands on her waist and then pulled her back into my chest so that I could put my hands behind her back. I slipped my hand into the armband, pulled out the box and grabbed the ring; I kept telling myself not to drop it as I slipped it on my pinky and threw the box back into my band. I kissed Emma’s cheek and then backed up a little and looked at her, “I love you, Emma.”

“I love you too, Mikey,” she said and I smiled and cupped her neck and rubbed her cheek with my thumb.

“I’m going to be there to protect you, to love you, to love our baby- Boy or girl- I don’t care!” I said and she giggled, “I’m lucky to have you in my life, and have been for forever. You’ve been with Maggie and I since we were toddlers, you were there for me for a lot of things growing up. Nothing I can do can thank you for always looking out for me,” I said and she looked at me confused, “I had this planned before you even told me you were pregnant, so please don’t think that I’m doing this because you are,” I said and then kissed her lips, “Because I do love you, Emma, and I want to be with you.”

“What are you talkin’ about, Mikey?” she asked and I went back and then bent down and looked up towards her, her eyes were wide, hands over her mouth and she gasped.

“I love you Emily Lee Garner, will you do me the honor of marrying me?” I asked her as I held up the ring and saw her tears start to water. I don’t think she was able to form any words; she was just nodding her head. I smiled brightly and stood up, put the ring on her and kissed her, hearing the sounds of my cheering teammates coming onto the ice.

-Maggie-
I smiled brightly as I told Pat everything that happened today and showed him the video, because I recorded it. Mike and Emily were busy at Mike’s place making calls to our families to tell them the exciting news and after I stayed to watch the proposal, I drove three hours to Columbus, Ohio, because Pat was going to be playing the Blue Jackets tonight and I was going out to see him for the night since I had a free day tomorrow and a game the day after.

The Blackhawks won against the Blue Jackets with the final score of five to one. I had showed up just after Pat had woken up from his pregame nap and basically hung out with him and the guys until it was time to head to the rink. I watched the game from inside a suite and stayed inside so I wasn’t really seen. After the game I went out to dinner with the boys and then Pat and I headed back to the hotel while Jon and a few other guys stayed at the restaurant a little longer.

“So what’s Jon gunna do tonight?” I giggled as I laid against Pat and he chuckled.

“Probably room with one of the others,” Pat said and I smirked and then sat up and pushed myself on top of Pat, “And she’s ready to go!” he teased and I smirked and then squealed when he pulled me off and jumped on top of me, “But we can’t go too crazy, babe, I’ve got a game tomorrow night.”

“Yeah, that didn’t end well for me last time,” I said as I felt Pat’s fingers graze over my cheek, “So instead of four, we’ll do three,” I said and he let out a laugh and shook his head.

“Oh, cuttin’ back a round, huh?” he asked and I smirked and nodded my head, “You’re too much, Marshall.”

“Didn’t you know that when you saw me in Carolina, Kane?” I teased and Pat pressed his lips onto mine and pushed me into the bed and I groaned as I felt his groin grind into mine and his hands slip under my shirt. I tangled my fingers in his growing curly hair and then felt Pat pull back.

“When you walked into the room for the meeting, that was the first time I had seen you,” he said and I looked up at him.

“I remember,” I giggled, “I sat down next to Tazer and you leaned forward and was like hey,” I said trying to sound like him, but failing.

We laughed and Pat shook his head, “I don’t sound like that.”

“You do for now,” I said and he chuckled, “But oh dear lord, when you walked into the kitchen with your boxers on-“

“When you were making breakfast?” he asked and I laughed and nodded my head, “I know! I saw the blush on her face,” he said and started to kiss my neck, “My plan worked.”

“What plan would that be?” I giggled and he smirked.

“For you to get a good look at all this,” he said and I laughed and then shook my head, “Obviously the plan worked.”

“And you say that I’m too much,” I giggled and Pat smirked and then pressed his lips onto mine and then pulled me up so that both of us could part long enough to lose our shirts.

-Toews-
“What are you doing?” I asked as I saw Brandon Saad, Brain Campbell and Brent standing in front of my door, their ears to door and smirks on their faces.

“Shhhh!” Brandon said and waved me over, “Listen.”

I listened and then heard the guys snicker when we heard moaning and a little bit of banging, ‘…Yeah, I’m gunna have to find a new room tonight…’

“He’s keepin’ good pace,” Brain said and I rolled my eyes.

“Lucky bastard is tappin’ that ass,” Brent said and I sighed.

We heard a door open and turned my head to see Sharp and Duncan walking out of their room, I felt bad for them, they were the room next to us.

“Why do I have a feeling that I’m not going to get any sleep tonight?” Duncan asked and I chuckled and nodded my head. We all heard Pat yell ‘fuck’ really loudly and a loud moan sounding like Maggie, we all bit back our snickers and shook our heads, “Well, round one is finished.”

-Kane-
“Ah fuck, Mags,” I laughed as I pulled her close into my side and felt her fingernails graze my chest, it felt really good, “You’re definitely a lot of fun in bed.”

“You’re not so bad yourself,” she said and I looked down at her and smirked and she pulled her lips onto mine and then laid her head on my shoulder, “Guess I should let you get some sleep before you leave for New Jersey.”

“I was hoping that I would get at least four or five hours,” I chuckled and then looked at the time to see that it was after two in the morning, “Which I’m not going to get because we need to be at the airport at seven, so we’ll be walking up at five.”

“Three hours, five hours- Same difference,” she said and I snorted and shook my head.

I pulled the comforter up and over both of us, since Maggie was using the sheet to cover up to her chest. She was tucked in nicely under my arm and cuddled against my side, our legs tangled together. I looked at her to see her eyes asleep and a small smile on her face. I kissed her head and then leaned my head against hers.

“Night Mags.”