‹ Prequel: Chances Taken
Sequel: The Three C's

Chances Risked

Chapter Nineteen

“Who’s in the bunny suit?” I asked Jordan and he chuckled and shook his head, not knowing. We were all in the locker room with our friends and family tomorrow was Easter and we were having little party today since we had a game tomorrow.

“I think it’s Geno,” Vero said as she sat next to me and I giggled.

Kids were running around the locker room taking pictures with the overly large Easter bunny and then they were going to go around the equipment room, which has been child proofed, so that the kids could have an Easter egg hunt. Usually this was done at Mario’s house, but he was having some construction done and didn’t want there to be a problem. Besides, the kids had no problem with this, since they were going to skate after.

I was laughing at something Marc had said next to Vero when I heard Vero gasp. I looked at her confused and saw that she was looking wide eyed passed me, “What?” I asked and she looked at me and I looked at Marc to see him shaking his head. I turned my head and my eyes widened and I felt Vero’s hand on my knee. Kris had walked into the locker room with a very pregnant Catherine, “Oh joy.”

“Maggie,” I heard Marc and looked at him, “It’s ok.”

“Hey Bella,” Max came over quickly and knelt in front of me, he knew that she was here, he knew that I had seen her, “You all right?”

“I’m gunna be fine,” I said and smiled towards Max, who was holding my knees, “Vero.”

“Yes?”

“Let’s go skate,” I said as I turned back and grabbed my skates.

“All right,” she smiled and then walked over towards Marc’s locker where she placed her skates and went to get them, bringing back Heather, Jordan’s fiancé, and Kasey, Sidney’s girlfriend.

“Hi!” I smiled as I saw Kasey, “I didn’t know you here!”

“Yeah, Sidney invited me,” she smiled and I moved down so that she could sit with us.

“Do you skate?” I asked and she nodded her head, “Do you have skates?”

“Yeah, Sid has them,” she said and I looked around the room and saw Sidney talking to Kris.

“Great,” I said and then sighed and stood up. I walked over towards Sidney and poked his side, he jumped and I smiled towards him, “Can I have Kasey’s skates?” I asked and he looked at me and then behind me where the girls were sitting and then back at me.

“I put them in my locker,” he said and I nodded my head and my eyes made contact with Catherine’s and she made sure to push herself closer to Kris and place a hand on her stomach.

“Thanks,” I said and then turned around and rolled my eyes, making my way to his locker and grabbing the smaller pair of skates, “Let’s go,” I said and Vero, Kasey and Heather stood up and followed me out of the locker room and we headed towards the ice. We sat on the bench and I handed Kasey her skates and Vero handed me mine, “Thanks.”

“You all right?” Vero asked and I looked at her and nodded my head.

“I’m fine,” I said and she nodded her head and Kasey looked at me confused.

“Did I miss something?” she asked and I looked at her and sighed.

“Uh, yeah, it’s a long story,” I said and she nodded her head.

“Short version is that, the girl that walked in with Letang,” Vero said and Kasey nodded her head.

“The pregnant one?” she asked and Vero, Heather and I nodded our heads.

“Kris cheated on Maggie with that girl and knocked her up,” Heather said and Kasey’s eyes widened and she looked at me.

“Don’t worry about it, it’s over and done with and I’m with someone else,” I said and she looked at me sadly.

“So we stay away from her,” Vero said and I sighed.

“Naw, eventually let her in, V,” I said and Vero looked at me surprised, “If Kris is gunna have a relationship with her, then she’s going to be a WAG, you’ll need to let her in.”

“We don’t want to,” Heather said and I giggled.

“I know, but, just do it,” I said and they sighed.

“Glad to hear that,” I heard and turned to see Sidney coming up behind us, “You all right?” he asked as he came over towards me, his hands on my shoulders.

“I’m fine Sid,” I said and he hugged me and then moved over towards Kasey and started to help her with her skates, even though she was doing fine on her own.

“I said something to him,” Sidney said and I looked back at him, “I didn’t think it was a good idea to bring her here, I didn’t want anything to start.”

“I’m not going to start anything,” I said, “I’m just going to stay away, she’s obviously going to be sticking around, so I just need to get over it.”

“Mags,” Vero said next to me and then gave me a side hug, “Too bad Kane couldn’t be here.”

“He’s in Nashville right now,” I said and she nodded her head.

“Kane?” Kasey asked and I nodded my head, “Is that your new boyfriend?”

“Yeah,” I smiled and then finished on my skates and stood up.

“Oh, why is he in Nashville?” she asked and I climbed over the boards and scratched my blades on the ice.

“He plays for the Blackhawks,” I said and she was a little surprised, “Patrick Kane,” I said and she nodded her head.

“Must be tough, how often you see each other?” she asked and Sidney helped her stand and she looked at me.

“About every two weeks or so, we surprise each other a lot,” I said and she smiled and nodded her head, “I just went to Columbus to see him on Monday, he had a game that night.”

“That’s cool, so you both are trying,” she said and I nodded my head.

Vero, Heather and Kasey got onto the ice with me and Sidney smirked towards us and then we heard music start to play and I laughed when Heather and Vero squealed at the song.

“She’s a beginner, Mags!” Sidney said and I looked back towards Kasey to see her moving slow.

“I got this, darlin’,” I smiled and grabbed her hand, “Go mingle!”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah,” he said and then turned away and headed down the hall, leaving the four of us to have fun on the ice alone.

“Oh whoa, whoa, whoa!” I heard and turned to see Emma getting on the ice, “You think you can leave me behind?!”

I laughed and held my hand out to her, “I didn’t think Mike would let you leave his side.”

“He wouldn’t, Marc helped me sneak away,” she said and I giggled, “V, I owe your man.”

“I’ll let him know,” she laughed and I smiled as now the five of us went around the ice and I made sure to introduce Kasey and Emma together.

“So I’ve got three girls getting married,” I said and we laughed.

“Married?” Kasey asked and I nodded my head, “Heather and Vero are getting married this summer and Emma’s- When date did you pick?”

“Next summer,” she said and I smiled and nodded my head. It was quiet for about moment or two when Emma squealed and then skated back towards the bench and leaned over, her butt in the air and the music got louder and I laughed, “Mags! It’s our song!!!”

“I’m the flight; you get on, international, first class seat, on my lap girl, riding comfortable. Cause I know what the girl them need, New York to Haiti, I got lipstick stamps for my passport, you make it hard to leave,” I laughed and looked towards Emma to see her shaking it,

Emma came over towards me and wrapped her arm around my waist and we both sang, “Been around the world, don’t speak the language, but your booty don’t need explaining, all I really need to understand is. When. You,” Emma and I looked at each other and smirked, “Talk dirty to me!”

-Mike-
Some of the guys that weren’t married and didn’t have kids were in the locker room while the wives and fathers went to the egg hunt. We were laughing at something when we heard loud music and decided to go check it out. Marc, Sidney, Jordan, Max, Geno, James, Matt, Tyler and I headed out towards the ice and I laughed when we saw Maggie, Emma, Vero, Heather and Kasey were dancing on the ice to the song being blasted that sounded like it was played in the clubs.

“Shake it, Mags!” Geno yelled because Maggie was skating backwards and dancing.
I smirked and shook my head, looking towards Emma to see that she was smiling and looked to be having a good time.

“Why are we in the locker room when we could be out here?” Jordan asked and I laughed and nodded my head and we all turned around and headed for the locker room to grab our skates to join the girls in a good time.