‹ Prequel: Chances Taken
Sequel: The Three C's

Chances Risked

Chapter Two

We won our game against the Bruins with the final score of two to one. It was an early afternoon game, so after we left to head to New Jersey where we were going to play the Devils the next day. We lost with the final score of five to two. The next day we traveled back up to Canada, where the day after we played against Montreal and lost in a shootout. We came back to Pittsburgh the next day and then had a free day, a bowling charity even the next night for children fighting cancer, and then practice the next day because the day after that we had a home game against Winnipeg, where we won with the final score of eight to five and I managed to score my second NHL hat-trick. After the game I needed to call Jon and officially apologize for kicking his favorite childhood team’s ass, since he grew up in Winnipeg. The next day we played Tampa and won with the final score of four to two, I didn’t get any points in that game.

It was February thirteen, late in the afternoon, I had tried to call Pat because I knew that he was probably frustrated, as well as all of the hawks, because they were on a eight game away trip, so far they had played; Edmonton, Calgary, Colorado, San Jose, and Phoenix and lost all of them, but he didn’t answer. They have a game against Nashville in two days and then a game against the Rangers the day after, and then a game against Columbus two days later, ending their two and a half week trip.

Tomorrow was Valentine’s Day and I didn’t really know how I was going to spend it. We didn’t have practice, no events, no plans; Pat was going to be in Nashville for his game on the fifteenth. I looked at my phone and tried to call again, but he didn’t answer. I sighed and then yawned and stretched in my bed.

I was pretty bored and tired, Jazz and Bella were lying at the end of the bed or on the floor, I decided that I was going to take a nap, since my head was on the pillow and my eyes were shutting. I didn’t know how long they were closed, but I heard my door creak open, I figured it was Bella leaving the room, since I didn’t close it all of the way, she could have used her head to open it.

I felt a shift in the bed and a felt someone plop down next to me. My eyes were still closed, too tired to open them, “Emma, I’m trying to sleep,” I mumbled, figuring it was her because she was home, but when I felt lips on my neck, my eyes shot open and I sat up, my eyes wide, “Pat?!”

“Hey babe,” he smirked and I poked his shoulder, “I’m really here, Mags,” I slapped his cheek and he gave me a ‘Really’ look, “Mags.”

“You’re really here?” I asked and he chuckled and nodded his head, I slapped his cheek again.

“Mags!” he said and grabbed my hand.

“Sorry, I needed to triple check that you were here,” I said and he chuckled and then pushed me down and climbed on top of me.

“I’m really here,” he said and then leaned down and pressed his lips onto mine and I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck. He pulled back and smirked towards me, “I flew out this morning and just got like an hour ago.”

“How did you get in?” I asked and he kissed my forehead.

“Emma let me in- Let me tell you, she had to poke me a few times to make sure I was right there too,” he laughed and I smiled and hugged him.

“I’m happy that you’re here,” I said and smiled towards him.

“You think I was going to miss our first Valentine’s Day?” he asked and I giggled, “We’re two weeks into the relationship!”

“You’re a dork,” I said and he chuckled and pressed his lips against mine and then moved his hands under my shirt and onto my sides, “How long do I have you?”

“A day and a half, I gotta leave Wednesday morning, like early,” he said and I nodded my head, I had him all day tomorrow and then he flew out the next day for his game against the Predators that night.

“Were you the only one who flew out?” I asked and Pat shook his head.

“Sharpie went to surprise Abby and some of the other guys with wives and girlfriends,” he said and I smiled and kissed his cheek.

“I’m happy to see you,” I giggled, “Even if it has been two weeks.”

“Well, like I said, the scheduling is gunna be hard, but I’m going to try,” he said and I smiled and nodded my head.

“Me too,” I said and he smirked and then sat up and leaned back onto his legs, basically sitting on my lap. I sat up and looped my fingers through his jean belt loops and looked up towards him smiling. I slid my fingers up and grabbed the hem of his black polo shirt and pulled it up and over his, tossing it to the side and then looking up to his smirking face.

“You’re a tease, you know that,” he said and I giggled and then glided my fingers down his chest, his stomach and stopped above his jeans, seeing the hem of his boxers.

“Whatchya gunna do about it, Kane?” I asked and Pat smirked down at me and then watched as I unbuttoned his jeans and then pulled down the zipper. I ended up just taking his pants off and we laid down on my bed and I cuddled up next to his side, I was already in a tank and short shorts.

“So is this what you do on your off days?” he asked and looked down at me

“Not really,” I said and I smirked when I noticed that he was trying not to shiver as my fingers danced across his chest my head was on his shoulder, “I’m usually out with one of the guys- Or most of the guys, doing something.”

He nodded his head and heard his phone going off on my nightstand; he cursed and hurried to grab it, “I forgot to call Tazer to tell him I was here.”

“Oooo, let me answer it!” I said and Pat chuckled and nodded his head. I looked at the ID and saw ‘Tazer’, I smirked and then took a deep breath and answered the phone, “Door to door dildo delivery, no job too big or too small, just tell us where to plug it in!”

Pat was laughing and I had a smirk on my face, “Uh, Jon you sure you gave me the right number?” I heard and my eyes widened and I covered my mouth, that wasn’t Jon’s voice.

“Yeah, why?!” I heard and his muffled voice, “Hello?”

“Tazer, I am so sorry, please tell me that wasn’t your Coach?!” I said and Pat looked at me with wide eyes.

“You really have to stop answering his phone, Mags,” Jon laughed and I sighed and shook my head, “What’d you say this time?”

“You don’t want to know,” I said and Jon chuckled.

“Really? ‘Cause ya looked to have scared my Coach,” he said and I giggled, “I’m guessing he made it there all safe and sound?”

“Yeah, thanks for letting him come,” I smiled towards Pat.

“Yeah well, he left me bored out of my mind,” Jon said and I giggled.

“Go into town and hook up with one of the fake cowgirls,” I said and he chuckled and was probably considering it.

-Kane-
“I can’t believe you said that to my Coach,” I laughed as I pulled Maggie into my side again and she giggle and shook her head.

“I know, that was so embarrassing,” she said and I smirked and looked at her.

“It was pretty funny though,” I said and she rolled her eyes and shook her head.

“Did you bring a swimsuit?” she asked and I looked at her and shook my head. She looked down and saw me in my boxers and shrugged her shoulders, “Close enough.”

“Why?” I smirked and Maggie stood up and climbed out of the bed. I watched as she walked over towards her closet and disappeared for a few minutes and then appeared in a blue bikini, “Nice! What are we doing? It’s too cold to swim.”

“We’re going in the hot tub,” she said and I smirked, stood up and walked over towards her and nodded my head, “It’s been a little while since I was in, I know Emma was in the other day.”

Maggie took my hand and we walked out of the room, down the stairs, into the kitchen, to the one closet where she grabbed two towels and then out the door. It was freezing outside, especially when I’m only in my boxers. I watched as Maggie ran over towards the hot tub that was attached to the back porch, I was happy to see that it had a gazebo built around it, so we could close the windows, because that’s what we needed to climb through, and keep out the cold.

“Nice!” I said and Maggie smirked towards me and nodded her head. She opened the window and I watched as she bent forward to shove the towels in the corner of the hot tub and I smirked and shook my head at the sight of her ass.

“I see you!” she yelled and I smiled brightly.

“What?” I asked and she looked back towards me and smirked.

“I saw you checkin’ out my ass!” she said and I chuckled and came up behind her.

“It’s such an awesome ass though,” I breathed against her and roughly grabbed it and she squealed, which made me laugh.

“Get in the tub,” she said and I smirked and nodded my head.

I climbed into the gazebo and into the water, taking a deep breath at how nice the water felt and then watching as Maggie climbed in and closed the window behind her to keep the cold out. I smirked at how the windows were tinted all around and thought of some things that we could do in here.

Maggie smirked and came over towards me and plopped herself on my lap, “Comfy?” I asked and she giggled and nodded her head, her arms draping over my shoulders and I moved my hands to her thighs.

“I’m really happy that you’re here,” she said for like the fifth time that day.

“I heard the first time,” I chuckled and then leaned forward and pressed my lips against hers.

She wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled me close to her, I moved my hands up her back, one hand on the back of her neck and the other to the middle. I smirked when I found her strings and quickly pulled them and watched as she pulled back. I was ready for her to yell at me and then hit me and we’d go back to kissing, but I was taken by surprise when she just took her top and pushed it aside and I smirked when a saw her chest and felt her cup my chin and pull my face up.

“Remember Carolina?” she asked, talking about 2011 All Stars. I nodded my head and she smirked, “What were that girl’s bra size?”

I looked at her and smirked, but then grabbed pressed my lips against hers and moved down to her neck and looked back up at her, ready to plow into her chest, “So you gunna finally tell me your size?”

She smirked and ran her fingers through my hair, “Thought you said if you grabbed them you could guess?”