‹ Prequel: Chances Taken
Sequel: The Three C's

Chances Risked

Chapter Thirty Three

“Holy fuck, Mags,” my eyes were wide as she walked out of the bathroom wearing a long tight red dress that had a slit on the side that stopped mid thigh. She had black heels on and I smiled and walked over towards her and pressed my lips against hers, “You look amazing.”

“You don’t look so bad yourself,” she giggled as she ran her hands down my chest. I had a grey suit on with a black dress shirt, no tie, and black dress shoes.

“Are you ready for this?” I asked and she smiled and nodded her head, “I’ll meet up with you after the awards.”

“Yes,” she smiled and there was a knock on our hotel door. I opened it and Nick, Maggie’s brother was there, dressed in a black suit and white dress shirt, no tie, “Hey, you ready?”

“Yeah, you look really pretty,” he said and I smirked and nodded my head.

“Told you,” I said and she giggled.

It was time for the NHL Awards; we were in Vegas and getting ready to leave. Maggie and I weren’t going in together and Maggie had brother her younger brother. I was going to meet up with Jon and we were going to walk in together. It sucked, but we weren’t ready to go public just yet, and when we were inside, we needed to sit with our teammates.

There was another knock and Nick opened it and I saw Jon standing there, “Hey, I thought I was gunna meet you there?”

“Thought I’d show up here,” he said and I nodded my head and watched as he walked in, “Damn Mags,” he smirked and Maggie giggled. He walked over towards her and hugged her and kissed her cheek, “Lookin’ good.”

“Thank you,” she said and then looked towards Nick, “Let’s get going, I’ll see y’all later.”

“All right,” I said and then walked over towards her and quickly pressed my lips against hers, “Love you.”

“Love you too,” she said and then I watched as her and Nick walked out of our room and I felt Jon hit my back.

“What?” I asked and turned towards him to see a bright smile on his face.

Love you?” he teased and I rolled my eyes, “Good for you, man.”

“Thanks.”

-Maggie-
“Maggie!” I heard and turned and smiled, seeing Marc and Vero coming over, Nick and I had just gotten here, they just arrived as well, “Hey.”

“Hey!”

“Maggie, I love your dress! You look so pretty!” Vero gushed and I laughed and hugged her.

“Thank you,” I said and looked towards Marc, “Look at you, lookin’ all French and spiffy,” I teased and he smirked.

“That’s how I do,” he said and I giggled, “Are you ready for this?” Marc asked and I sighed, “This is the first time you’ve seen the media since- Well-“

“I know,” I said and he nodded his head.

“They’re going to ask questions- A lot of questions,” he said and I nodded my head.

“She doesn’t have to answer them,” Nick said quickly and I looked at him.

“No, she does- You don’t have to, Mags,” Marc said and I smiled.

“Thanks, but I’ll be all right,” I said and he nodded his head, “You go first.”

“Good luck,” he said and I nodded my head and watched as he and Vero walked into the line of flashing lights and screaming questions.

“Bella!” I heard and turned my head and smiled at the sight of Max.

“Max!” I giggled and hugged him.

“How are you, Bella?” he asked giving me a sad smile.

“I’m fine, Max, thank you,” I said and he kissed my cheek, “I miss you.”

“I miss you too,” he said and then looked towards Nick, “You brought your brother as your date?”

“Hey!” he whined and I giggled.

“Yeah, I didn’t want to bring anyone else,” I said and Max smiled.

“No Kane?”

“We’re uh- We’re not ready,” I said and Max nodded his head, “Where’s your date?”

“Just me, myself and I,” he said and I smiled, “I guess I’ll see you after.”

“All right,” I said and watched as Max walked passed me, patting Nick’s shoulder and walking into the line of fire like he owned the place.

“Ready, Maggie?” Nick asked and I looked I him and nodded my head.

It was just like I knew it was going to be, Nick and I walked out there, having to stop for some pictures, and then I was pulled off to the side. The reporter from Sports Illustrated smiled at me, asked me how I was doing, who was my date, how I was after Mike, what I expected at the NHL Awards. ESPN was next, just about the same questions, NBCSN was after that, same thing.

I got through the line of fire and had to stop to blink my eyes because with all of the flashes, I was seeing dots. I felt Nick’s hand on my back and I smiled towards him, I heard my name and looked to see Tuukka and a girl at his side.

“Tuuk!” I smiled, “How are you?”

“How are you?” he asked and then hugged me, “Glad to see you here.”

“Thanks, good to see you,” I said and looked at the pretty brunette at his side, “Who’s your pretty date?”

“This is Jasmiina, my girlfriend,” he said and then introduced us, “And who’s this?”

“Oh, this is my little brother, Nick,” I said and Tuukka smirked towards me and then shook hands with him.

“So I just got pulled into that room over there,” Tuukka said and I looked to where he was pointing.

“What is it?”

“Where they ask you stupid questions, they asked me who my celebrity crush was,” he said and I giggled.

“Really?”

“Yeah,” he said and chuckled.

“Who’d you pick?” Nick smirked.

“Beyonce,” he said and I laughed, “Couldn’t think of anyone really. Never really had a question like that before. Well I’ll see you later,” he said and I heard one of his teammates calling his name, “Really good seeing you.”

“Same,” I smiled and then watched as he walked away and I looked towards Nick.

The awards didn’t start for almost another hour, some players were walking around doing interviews, some were inside talking with friends, other players, or dates. Like Tuukka, I got pulled into the room with the blue background, and answered stupid questions; favorite TV Show, favorite food, favorite celebrity and favorite player on my team. Right now Nick and I were inside the ceremony watching as the staff set the stage up for Nickelback to perform soon.

When they announced for everyone to take their seats, I saw Mario walk over and place his hand on my back, “Hi Maggie.”

“Mario,” I smiled and looked at him.

“Is this Nick?” Mario asked and I looked towards my brother and nodded my head, “Can I borrow you for a minute?”

“Uh, sure,” Nick said and I smiled towards him, “Be right back.”

Mario and Nick disappeared and Nick’s seat was taken over quickly by Pat, I giggled, seeing as how he had climbed over the seat, “How are you doing?”

“I’m fine,” I said and then turned and laughed, “Of course.”

“It’s just fate,” he said and I smiled, the Blackhawks were arranged to sit behind the Penguins.

“I guess so,” I giggled and felt his hand on my thigh, “You do realize there are cameras around.”

“Maybe,” he smirked and then kissed my cheek and hopped back over the chair when I saw Nick come back.

“You all right?” I asked when he sat back in his seat, his face a little red.

“Yeah,” he said and he rubbed his face.

“What’s wrong?” I asked and Nick smiled towards me.

“Nothing,” he said and patted my leg, “It’s about to start.”