‹ Prequel: Chances Taken
Sequel: The Three C's

Chances Risked

Chapter Thirty Five

-Kane-
I met up with Maggie outside of the awards; Nick was with me, we texted her saying that we would meet her outside because after she went backstage after accepting the Hart Trophy, she stayed to be interviewed by a lot of people. Jon was standing next to me while Nick was on the other side, when Maggie came back, we were going to go back to the hotel and change because there was a big party at one of the clubs.

“There she was!” Nick said and I turned my head and smiled.

“There’s the big winner!” I smiled brightly and Maggie laughed and I pulled her in for a hug, “Congratulations.”

“Thank you,” she said and I kissed her cheek and wrapped an arm around her waist.

“Awwww, you look like a prom date,” I heard and turned my head and heard Maggie laugh when she saw her friend Phil Kessel walking over, “Congrats girl,” he said and pulled her in for a hug.

They were talking for a few minutes and I looked towards Nick, “So are you coming out with us?”

“No, I’m not old enough,” he said and I shrugged my shoulders, “I’m guessing that she’s staying in your room, so I’m free to hit the pool and enjoy myself,” Nick said and Jon and I laughed and slapped his shoulder.

“Get it!” I said and he smirked.

“Ready?” I heard Maggie ask and felt her hands around my arm.

“Yeah,” I said and the four of us headed towards the car that was going to take us back to the hotel.

When we got there, we all parted to our separate floors and Maggie and I went to our. As soon as she closed the door, I was on her. I pushed her against the door and hiked up her dress, moving my hands along her thighs while my lips attacked hers. Maggie breathed my name and I smiled against her neck and picked her up, her legs wrapped around my waist.

“Take the dress off,” Maggie breathed and I chuckled and nodded my head, putting her down and roughly turning her around and pushing her against the wall.

She groaned when I ran my hands up her sides and then towards the zipper, I pulled it down and watched as her skin was exposed. The dress fell to the ground and I smiled brightly at her with no bra, black lace boy shorts that hugged to her ass and black heels. Maggie tried to turn around, but I pushed her against the door again and started to kiss her shoulder, her back, moving down, my lips trailing her skin.

“Pat!” she giggled when I bit into her soft ass cheek.

I stood, took off my jacket and then started to unbutton my shirt. Maggie turned around and I groaned at the sight of her bare breasts. I felt her hands working on my belt and then unzip and unbutton my pants. In mere seconds I was in my boxers just looking at Maggie, my hands on her hips and my lips on hers. This was the first time we were going to be together like this since before Mike died.

I picked Maggie up and walked over towards the bed, lying her down and moving in-between her legs. My hand trailed up her legs, she went to kick off her heels, but I made her keep them on.

-Maggie-
“Once on the bed and another in the shower,” I giggled as I sprayed some hairspray into my hair, “You know where late!”

“We’re fine,” Pat yelled from inside the room and I rolled my eyes. I walked out of the bathroom and smiled at the sight of him in a black V-neck shirt, jeans and sneakers. I looked down at my ripped jean shorts, my tight floral half top and then my bright pink see threw button up, sleeveless shirt, “You look hot, babe.”

“Thanks,” I smiled and then bent down to get my white lacy ankle boots, “I’m ready whenever you are.”

Image

Pat and I left the hotel room and headed to the first floor, the party in the club was the club that was inside the hotel. I smiled and walked towards the door with Pat, already hearing the music playing from inside. The guard let us in and we headed towards the VIP area, smiling when I saw a lot of people I knew having fun.

I gulped when I thought about Mike being here with us, thinking about seeing him here having a fun time. I felt a hand on my back and turned my head to see a worried Pat, “You all right?”

“Yeah,” I said and took a deep breath.

“We don’t-“

“It’s all right,” I said and he nodded his head and laced his fingers with mine, “I need a drink.”

“Coming right up,” he said and I smiled towards him and looked up onto the second floor to see Sidney leaning against the railing looking down at everyone dancing.

‘…Some things never change…’ I giggle and then head up to him bump my hip into his, “Hey.”

“Hey!” I smiled and then pulled me into a hug, “Big difference from before.”

“Yeah, I couldn’t wait to get out of that dress!” I laughed and Sidney wrapped and arm around me and pulled me into a side hug.

“I’m happy for you Mags,” he said and I smiled towards him, “Are you happy?”

“Not all the way,” I said sadly but looked at him, “But I’m getting there.”

“I’m glad,” he said and kissed my head, “It’s not easy, but-“

“If it wasn’t for you guys, I,” I shook my head, “I don’t know what I would have done.”

“We love you Mags, we were all hurting, but we knew you were the worst, we had to help you,” he said and I smiled towards him.

“Where’s Kasey?” I asked and looked around.

“Vero stole her,” he laughed and I giggled, “I have no idea actually, I know Marc is looking for V.”

“That should be fun,” I said and Sidney chuckled.

“Are you going to the weddings?” he asked and I looked at him.

“Which one?” I asked because both Jordan and Marc were getting married this summer within like two weeks of each other.

“Both,” he said and I giggled.

“Yeah, I’ll be there,” I said and then saw Pat walking towards us with two drinks, “I actually have to ask Pat if he’ll come with.”

“What are you doing for the summer?” Sidney asked and Pat appeared behind me, kissed my cheek and handed me my drink.

“Thank you,” I smiled and looked towards Sidney, “Uh, well, we’re going back to the ‘burgh the day after tomorrow and then driving up to Buffalo for two weeks. After that I’m flying out to Vancouver to get Dana and we’ll fly to Colorado for training.”

“You’re still gunna bring Dana?” Sidney asked and I smiled and nodded my head.

“Yeah, I promised her,” I said and he smiled and nodded his head.

“Good, I bet she’s excited,” he laughed and I nodded my head.

“Bragging to all of her teammates and friends,” I laughed and felt Pat’s hand around my waist, “Well, good luck with finding Kasey, if I see her I’ll pass the word along that Captain Canada is scared that she’ll be scarred,” I said and he laughed.

“Thanks.”

Pat and I walked away from Sidney, I took a sip of my drink and smiled, it was some kind of mix drink and it was pretty good. Pat had a beer, our fingers were laced and he was pulling me through the crowd towards the section of couches. I heard my name over the loud music and was attacked with hugs. I turned my head to see a drunk James and Geno; I laughed and poked their stomachs.

“Try not to get too wasted tonight,” I laughed and James and Geno shrugged their shoulders and then waved to them and followed Pat over towards where some of the Blackhawks were sitting at. I smiled when I saw Jon and walked passed Pat and over towards him, plopping myself on his lap and wrapping my arms around his neck.

“Hey!” Jon smiled brightly at me and I felt his arms around my waist.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa! Tryin’ to steal my girl, Tazer!” Pat smirked and I winked towards him.

“Maybe,” Jon laughed and squeezed my waist, “Maybe she wants to be with a better player.”

“Ooooooh, burn!” Brent yelled from next to Jon and I giggled.

“Yeah, ok, Tazer,” Pat yelled a smirk on his face. I laughed and then felt myself being pulled back.

“She totally wants to be with me!” Sharp yelled and pulled me over, setting me on his and Abby’s lap.

“Hi gorgeous!” I smiled and hugged Abby.

“I’m so happy to see you!” Abby squealed and hugged me back; I was practically on her lap with my legs on Sharp’s.

“I think the ’Most Beautiful Chicagoian’ wants to have a three way,” I teased and Abby laughed while the guys looked at me smirking.

“Really?” Abby laughed.

“Can we?” Sharp asked.

“NO!!!!” Abby, Pat and I yelled and I laughed when Pat came over, picked me up and carried me off.

“Horny bastards!” Pat yelled and I laughed when he plopped me on his lap and we were going to enjoy the night.

‘…This is good…’ I thought laughing as Corey reenacted me practically tripping while going up the stairs at the award ceremony, ‘…This is what I needed…’